Anti-Elon Musk news

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Re: Anti-Elon Musk news

Post by dot »

You asked. I responded. I'm not of plentiful finances to be interested in overpriced "premium" pillows and it's a little silly to even consider. I do genuinely find his commercials annoying though, but I find lots of commercials annoying. Is this purposeful to turn the subject away from Musk and Twitter? I mean, you started it, is it not going the way you wanted? You could pivot to SpaceX but I honestly don't know enough about that venture. On its face, I consider it about as trustworthy as the Titanic submarine but it also is out of my finance range so what do I care?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:08 am Dude, what does this even mean? :lol:
OK, what is "the truth" on the matter? The "truth" is it hasnt been settled. That is factual and that is accurate. DeSantis tried to eliminate their self-governance. Disney, as is their legal right, fought back. No one got clowned or owned and it appears to be an issue that will be settled in court. What exactly do YOU think is "the truth"? :lol:
I guess this is technically on the subject, I just didn't realize since you were quoting Salty, not me and I didn't say anything about the "truth" so that must be to Salty. But the perception of the situation from this layperson Texas resident? DeSantis did anti gay law thing, Disney as a capitalist corporate entity publicly opposed said law, DeSantis retaliated by targeting Disney's self governance and eliminating it by appointing a new board of supervisors, Disney sidestepped them when its existing board voted to maintain self governance in a move that neutered the incoming board. The details of which, if you actually read them, I think that's where you'll find the clowning comes in. But at this point, I'm kinda tired of giving lessons to people that aren't interested in actually listening or learning.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:21 am You asked. I responded. I'm not of plentiful finances to be interested in overpriced "premium" pillows and it's a little silly to even consider. I do genuinely find his commercials annoying though, but I find lots of commercials annoying. Is this purposeful to turn the subject away from Musk and Twitter? I mean, you started it, is it not going the way you wanted? You could pivot to SpaceX but I honestly don't know enough about that venture. On its face, I consider it about as trustworthy as the Titanic submarine but it also is out of my finance range so what do I care?
you don't know much about SpaceX, do you? :lol: its not only out of your price range.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Yes, that's what not knowing enough about that venture means. Was that supposed to be a dig?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:56 am Yes, that's what not knowing enough about that venture means. Was that supposed to be a dig?
but you know enough about it "on its face" to know its as trust worthy as the Titanic. Was that supposed to be a dig at Elon?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

No, I consider it about as trustworthy as the Titanic sub. I'm not a rocket scientist, nor a sub engineer. But one blew up, the other I'm gonna say imploded. For someone that would never go in either one, why would I look beyond that or care?

Edit: I'm not gonna pretend I'm Biker with pretend Boeing contacts to win a bet if that's what you're hoping for.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

dot wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:31 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:08 am Dude, what does this even mean? :lol:
OK, what is "the truth" on the matter? The "truth" is it hasnt been settled. That is factual and that is accurate. DeSantis tried to eliminate their self-governance. Disney, as is their legal right, fought back. No one got clowned or owned and it appears to be an issue that will be settled in court. What exactly do YOU think is "the truth"? :lol:
I guess this is technically on the subject, I just didn't realize since you were quoting Salty, not me and I didn't say anything about the "truth" so that must be to Salty. But the perception of the situation from this layperson Texas resident? DeSantis did anti gay law thing, Disney as a capitalist corporate entity publicly opposed said law, DeSantis retaliated by targeting Disney's self governance and eliminating it by appointing a new board of supervisors, Disney sidestepped them when its existing board voted to maintain self governance in a move that neutered the incoming board. The details of which, if you actually read them, I think that's where you'll find the clowning comes in. But at this point, I'm kinda tired of giving lessons to people that aren't interested in actually listening or learning.
Riiight. So if the courts come back saying Disney cant self-govern is that still a "clowning" or nah?
As of now, Disney is the corner back talking shit to the QB after breaking up a 4th down pass in the 3rd quarter, only to get burned later, on the TD pass to end the game. The shit talking doesnt mean squat if the end result doesnt back it up.

Now, if the court comes back in Disney's favor then, yes, that will be a huge face-plant for DeSantis.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:17 am Riiight. So if the courts come back saying Disney cant self-govern is that still a "clowning" or nah?
As of now, Disney is the corner back talking shit to the QB after breaking up a 4th down pass in the 3rd quarter, only to get burned later, on the TD pass to end the game. The shit talking doesnt mean squat if the end result doesnt back it up.

Now, if the court comes back in Disney's favor then, yes, that will be a huge face-plant for DeSantis.
https://www.npr.org/2023/03/29/11669258 ... er-florida
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/30/disney- ... lause.html
The Walt Disney Co. used a legal clause that name checks King Charles III to apparently thwart Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ attempt to strip the company of its self-governance power in the state.
I think you're trying too desperately to carry water for your fascist fever dream wishes to realize, that there, that is him getting clowned. If you're having to rely on things that haven't happened yet, I mean, are you also still betting on the election being overturned in Georgia? Arizona?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:14 am No, I consider it about as trustworthy as the Titanic sub. I'm not a rocket scientist, nor a sub engineer. But one blew up, the other I'm gonna say imploded. For someone that would never go in either one, why would I look beyond that or care?

Edit: I'm not gonna pretend I'm Biker with pretend Boeing contacts to win a bet if that's what you're hoping for.
well, just to bring you a little bit up to speed on SpaceX. They have had about 250 successful launches. I think they had a problem with 1 and a total failure of one. Nasa has used it around 20 times to go to the International Space Station.

comparing it to that titanic sub is pretty stupid.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

dot wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:29 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:17 am Riiight. So if the courts come back saying Disney cant self-govern is that still a "clowning" or nah?

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/29/11669258 ... er-florida
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/30/disney- ... lause.html
The Walt Disney Co. used a legal clause that name checks King Charles III to apparently thwart Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ attempt to strip the company of its self-governance power in the state.
I think you're trying too desperately to carry water for your fascist fever dream wishes to realize, that there, that is him getting clowned. If you're having to rely on things that haven't happened yet, I mean, are you also still betting on the election being overturned in Georgia? Arizona?
Holy shit. Yes, I'll absolutely rely on "things that havent happened yet", like the courts decision on the matter.
The real question is why arent you? Yes, Disney tried a back-door move, which is why it is going to court.
A courts final decision is what matters, no? Everything else is just fluff.
Again, if the courts come back saying Disney cant self-govern is that still "clowning" or nah?
The bottom line is the issue isnt settled; that is factual. You want it to be but its not.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:30 am well, just to bring you a little bit up to speed on SpaceX. They have had about 250 successful launches. I think they had a problem with 1 and a total failure of one. Nasa has used it around 20 times to go to the International Space Station.

Fine, but I also don't care which is why I didn't comment on SpaceX. I care even less about SpaceX than I do about Twitter. Twitter just has a demonstrably worse track record since he took over. Regardless, I'm not getting in a rocket or a sub and I'm not getting on Twitter. None of those have anything to do with Musk. Find where I said something wrong about his handling of Twitter if you wanna argue the starting subject.
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:39 am Holy shit. Yes, I'll absolutely rely on "things that havent happened yet", like the courts decision on the matter.
The real question is why arent you? Yes, Disney tried a back-door move, which is why it is going to court.
Again, if the courts come back saying Disney cant self-govern is that still "clowning" or nah?
The bottom line is the issue isnt settled; that is factual. You want it to be but its not.
Well, I'm not relying on things that haven't happened yet because... they haven't happened yet. Find where I said it's final and maybe you can have an argument against what it seems you want me to have said. What I did say is Disney showed up DeSantis when he came after them, they thumbed their nose at him. Tell me where that's incorrect. All because they dared to not back a law which also has its own challenges in court. Something tells me you don't consider the same thing about the anti gay law not being settled on the same basis as Disney's self governance.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

dot wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:59 am
Animal wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:30 am well, just to bring you a little bit up to speed on SpaceX. They have had about 250 successful launches. I think they had a problem with 1 and a total failure of one. Nasa has used it around 20 times to go to the International Space Station.

Fine, but I also don't care which is why I didn't comment on SpaceX. I care even less about SpaceX than I do about Twitter. Twitter just has a demonstrably worse track record since he took over. Regardless, I'm not getting in a rocket or a sub and I'm not getting on Twitter. None of those have anything to do with Musk. Find where I said something wrong about his handling of Twitter if you wanna argue the starting subject.
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:39 am Holy shit. Yes, I'll absolutely rely on "things that havent happened yet", like the courts decision on the matter.
Well, I'm not relying on things that haven't happened yet because... they haven't happened yet. Find where I said it's final and maybe you can have an argument against what it seems you want me to have said. What I did say is Disney showed up DeSantis when he came after them, they thumbed their nose at him. Tell me where that's incorrect. All because they dared to not back a law which also has its own challenges in court. Something tells me you don't consider the same thing about the anti gay law not being settled on the same basis as Disney's self governance.
Yes, right now Disney is the corner back that just broke up a pass talking shit to the QB. Yes, they "thumbed their nose" at DeSantis and to a certain extent I have to give them credit for that. That said, if the court comes back saying Disney can no longer self govern what does it all matter? They will then be the corner back that got burned on the last play of the game and all of that "clowning" that you love will mean jack shit.
Conversely, if Disney gets a favorable ruling it will be an enormous L for DeSantis.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Conversely, if Disney gets a favorable ruling it will be an enormous L for DeSantis.
I question the wisdom of DeSantis in pursuing this matter at all. Smells like shooting himself in the foot.

Seems there were better ways to win a Presidential election.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

FSchmertz wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:36 am
I question the wisdom of DeSantis in pursuing this matter at all. Smells like shooting himself in the foot.

Seems there were better ways to win a Presidential election.
Its a move thats questioned even in conservative circles. Many right-leaning folks love that he took a bold step trying to check what some feel is a company that got "too big for its britches" and over-stepped its bounds by wading into divisive politics in a very public way.
Other conservatives feel its government over-reach trying to intimidate a business.
I see both sides of it but I tend to lean toward the side that doesnt allow for corporate self governance. Not just for Disney per se but in general as we know what usually happens when companies have little to no oversight.
Ricrude
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

Twitter banned me for 12 hours for saying "Biden family sniffers...cocaine or kids...take your pick.". They said it was offensive...I may have deserved that...but facts are facts.
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

ok. How about here.

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Does something seem wrong with this excerpt from a story CNN ran today about a guy that gave up his corporate jet because of the environment?
As an example, the report notes that Elon Musk – one of the most active private jet users in the US – would pay an additional $3.94 million in taxes under these proposed conditions.

The authors of the report calculate that he purchased a new jet, took 171 flights (roughly one every other day), consumed over 220,000 gallons of jet fuel and created 2,100 tons of carbon emissions in 2022 – 132 times the emissions of the average American.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:49 pm ok. How about here.
Swing and a miss. Are you gonna actually argue that firing engineers in a tantrum, tanking ad revenue, throttling how much a person can even view is beneficial to the company? And that's just a quick search from someone who knew broad strokes, only the most general knowledge. In no way am I an expert on Twitter, cause as I said before, Idgaf.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:45 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:49 pm ok. How about here.
Swing and a miss. Are you gonna actually argue that firing engineers in a tantrum, tanking ad revenue, throttling how much a person can even view is beneficial to the company? And that's just a quick search from someone who knew broad strokes, only the most general knowledge. In no way am I an expert on Twitter, cause as I said before, Idgaf.
so are you saying those are things he handled right or wrong with Twitter? You don't even make any sense.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:06 pm so are you saying those are things he handled right or wrong with Twitter? You don't even make any sense.
Wrong. Thought that was pretty clear from connotation and tone and general direction of the thread. Maybe it’s you who don’t know what you’re talking about.

Here, let me slow it down for you. He fired engineers for giving him news he didn’t like, his purchase is now bringing in less money which it relies on to make profit, and he restricted the amount of posts people can view. In other words, he got rid of people that made the machine work, made his machine make less money, made the user base less able to use his machine. Is that slow enough for you to understand?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:18 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:06 pm so are you saying those are things he handled right or wrong with Twitter? You don't even make any sense.
Wrong. Thought that was pretty clear from connotation and tone and general direction of the thread. Maybe it’s you who don’t know what you’re talking about.

Here, let me slow it down for you. He fired engineers for giving him news he didn’t like, his purchase is now bringing in less money which it relies on to make profit, and he restricted the amount of posts people can view. In other words, he got rid of people that made the machine work, made his machine make less money, made the user base less able to use his machine. Is that slow enough for you to understand?
Okay. Then let me slow this down for you.

1. You asked me to "Find where you said something wrong about how Musk handled Twitter".

2. I posted the above quote that was posted by you.

3. Then you said "swing and a miss" or some other bizarre remark.

The fact is, you can't say anything about Musk or one of his companies without throwing in a "but..." and then mentioning something disparaging. Even when, by your own admission, you know absolutely nothing about it.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:45 pm Okay. Then let me slow this down for you.

1. You asked me to "Find where you said something wrong about how Musk handled Twitter".

2. I posted the above quote that was posted by you.

3. Then you said "swing and a miss" or some other bizarre remark.

The fact is, you can't say anything about Musk or one of his companies without throwing in a "but..." and then mentioning something disparaging. Even when, by your own admission, you know absolutely nothing about it.
1) I think you need to start with where I was wrong. Find where I said something wrong about how Musk handled Twitter. Negative feedback, valid criticism, facts, that is what I am bringing to the table. You on the other hand are... what? Complaining. That does not invalidate anything I linked to. Which leads us to
2) Posting a quote of me where I posted aforementioned facts does not help you. You're supposed to find where I was wrong. Do that, because until then
3) Swing and a miss.

The only thing here I don't know anything about is SpaceX, and once again, I did not comment on that until I opened the door for you because of the fact your Twitter subject wasn't going well. Still don't know or care, which is why I didn't bring it up originally. And it feels like it needs to be said, just because facts do not reflect kindly on your assumed defensive position, that doesn't make it me disparaging Musk. That's me bringing facts regarding his own behavior, the results and consequences of it, the reality of the market he's cratered himself in.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Are some of you having a contest to see which of you can be the biggest horse's ass here?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

saltydog wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:27 am Are some of you having a contest to see which of you can be the biggest horse's ass here?
The competition is tough! ;)
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

My understanding is that Elon fired a bunch of people at the start because many were redundant and useless and as a financial move to trim payroll and expenses and to stem the unprofitability.
The move to limit views was to stem the data mining from bots that were viewing 10's of thousands of Tweets per day and mining all of that information. So while the result may have been awkward at best, his intentions were supposedly customer based (protecting your info).
All that said, he does seem to make some strange decisions on occasion.