Figure out the strange situation

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Ricrude
Christ, get a life already!
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Re: Figure out the strange situation

Post by Ricrude »

Animal wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:25 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:56 pm My car key worked perfect all day. Still leaving the one back door unlocked until I solve this. I also have the touch screen on the outside driver door. As I posted 2 years ago, no idea what the code is anymore (long story). And I'm not paying the local Ford dealer $100 to tell me what that code is. Things like that have usually been free as a courtesy to Ford owners. Another example of everything going to shit for the almighty $$. Nickle and dime everything to death.
First method: open your glove box and find the black velcro owners manual packet. open it up and there should be a business card displayed with a Secure Code. That opens the door.

Second method: for this you have to have two key fobs, if you don't skip this one. If you have two key fobs, put one in the ignition and just turn it until the battery turns on. Leave it on for a few seconds, until you hear around 3 beeps of the door. Then take it out. Put in the other one and be looking at the screen above the steering wheel, because this happens pretty quick. Put in the 2nd key fob and turn it until the battery turns on. Quickly the factory code will display on the screen.

third method: this one is pretty tough. you have to remove a couple of plastic parts on the passenger floor by the passenger door and inside there is a white sticker with the key code on it. You will have to youtube a vid of how to do that because its not easy.
Good solution!
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:56 pm My car key worked perfect all day. Still leaving the one back door unlocked until I solve this. I also have the touch screen on the outside driver door. As I posted 2 years ago, no idea what the code is anymore (long story). And I'm not paying the local Ford dealer $100 to tell me what that code is. Things like that have usually been free as a courtesy to Ford owners. Another example of everything going to shit for the almighty $$. Nickle and dime everything to death.
First method: open your glove box and find the black velcro owners manual packet. open it up and there should be a business card displayed with a Secure Code. That opens the door.

Second method: for this you have to have two key fobs, if you don't skip this one. If you have two key fobs, put one in the ignition and just turn it until the battery turns on. Leave it on for a few seconds, until you hear around 3 beeps of the door. Then take it out. Put in the other one and be looking at the screen above the steering wheel, because this happens pretty quick. Put in the 2nd key fob and turn it until the battery turns on. Quickly the factory code will display on the screen.

third method: this one is pretty tough. you have to remove a couple of plastic parts on the passenger floor by the passenger door and inside there is a white sticker with the key code on it. You will have to youtube a vid of how to do that because its not easy.
First and third method are no go's. The security card with the owners manual was lost long ago. After I accidently locked my keys inside in 2020, I found the code under the driver dash but the code didn't work. I guess it had been changed sometime in the past. Local Ford dealer would hook up to a computer and give me the new code for $100. Screw that.
I'll check out method 2, though
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:56 pm

First and third method are no go's. The security card with the owners manual was lost long ago. After I accidently locked my keys inside in 2020, I found the code under the driver dash but the code didn't work. I guess it had been changed sometime in the past. Local Ford dealer would hook up to a computer and give me the new code for $100. Screw that.
you can't change the factory code. that one always works. you can make your own code, but the factory code will always work, too.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:21 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:56 pm

you can't change the factory code. that one always works. you can make your own code, but the factory code will always work, too.
Well, it didn't so what can I say
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

"We've got a god for everything. The only thing we don't have a god for is premature ejaculation... but I hear that's coming quickly" (Mel Brooks)
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

stonedmegman wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:39 pm
Trudeau trying to get out of the India mess
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:41 pm
stonedmegman wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:39 pm
Trudeau trying to get out of the India mess
You trying to get into your car. :lol:
"We've got a god for everything. The only thing we don't have a god for is premature ejaculation... but I hear that's coming quickly" (Mel Brooks)
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I was close to Chili's at lunch so I stopped by their parking lot on the way back. I parked, got out and walked a short distance from my pickup. then went straight back and tried to unlock the door and nothing. I had to enter the code into the door panel to unlock it.

I did not have to go inside the restaurant. So, whatever they have is outside. And whatever it is sends a pretty steady radio signal because it couldn't have been more than a minute from when I locked the door until i tried to unlock it.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:52 pm I was close to Chili's at lunch so I stopped by their parking lot on the way back. I parked, got out and walked a short distance from my pickup. then went straight back and tried to unlock the door and nothing. I had to enter the code into the door panel to unlock it.

I did not have to go inside the restaurant. So, whatever they have is outside. And whatever it is sends a pretty steady radio signal because it couldn't have been more than a minute from when I locked the door until i tried to unlock it.
No shit. I'm heading home tomorrow and will try HEB on Saturday. What doesn't make any sense is, whether it's inside or outside the location, surely it's happened tons of times. I'm pretty sure lots of people would have complained about not being to.get into their vehicles.
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

It's most likely RF interference. Try parking in different locations at the stores where you have trouble.

https://www.topgear.com.ph/features/tip ... 6-20180613
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:14 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:52 pm I was close to Chili's at lunch so I stopped by their parking lot on the way back. I parked, got out and walked a short distance from my pickup. then went straight back and tried to unlock the door and nothing. I had to enter the code into the door panel to unlock it.

No shit. I'm heading home tomorrow and will try HEB on Saturday. What doesn't make any sense is, whether it's inside or outside the location, surely it's happened tons of times. I'm pretty sure lots of people would have complained about not being to.get into their vehicles.
to be honest, you are one of the first people i have heard have the same problem that I have had. And I have had it at several locations. 2 of which I remember because it happens every single time.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Sure sounds like RF interference like nerd alert mentions. I have been going to that HEB usually several times a week for 3 years. Always park in the same general area. Have never had any problems until last Saturday and again on Monday so it has to be something they installed.in the last 10 days. I'll do a test there Saturday.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

It's a Texas thang.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

that actually, might be the case. since we talk slower down here, our radio frequencies are on a slower moderation. which is close to the same frequency that the key fobs operate.
rule34
MAGA 2024

Post by rule34 »

First world problems.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:54 pm that actually, might be the case. since we talk slower down here, our radio frequencies are on a slower moderation. which is close to the same frequency that the key fobs operate.
:lol: problem solved
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

OK. Worked this morning. Drove home this afternoon. Stopped by the HEB parking lot and parked in the same area. Made sure I had a window rolled down. The key worked fine. Tomorrow I go inside and see what happens.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:02 pm OK. Worked this morning. Drove home this afternoon. Stopped by the HEB parking lot and parked in the same area. Made sure I had a window rolled down. The key worked fine. Tomorrow I go inside and see what happens.
Why didn't you go inside today? You were already there.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:13 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:02 pm OK. Worked this morning. Drove home this afternoon. Stopped by the HEB parking lot and parked in the same area. Made sure I had a window rolled down. The key worked fine. Tomorrow I go inside and see what happens.
Been up since 4:30. I'm tired. Screw that- check it out tomorrow.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

he is going to stick to this idea that his initial thoughts that something inside the store can scramble the brain of his key fob. He won't ever admit that it can only be radio signal interference outside in the parking lot.

same with his key code to the door. he will never admit that if he actually found a code stamped inside his truck, then it would have to work since that code cannot be changed.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:24 pm
I've been up since 4:00.
Quit yer bitchin', pussy.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:28 pm
he is going to stick to this idea that his initial thoughts that something inside the store can scramble the brain of his key fob. He won't ever admit that it can only be radio signal interference outside in the parking lot.

same with his key code to the door. he will never admit that if he actually found a code stamped inside his truck, then it would have to work since that code cannot be changed.
He's milking the shit out of this one.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I just told you. I parked in the same spot without going inside. Nothing happened. It's nothing outside. I'll stroll around inside tomorrow. When trying to figure out some mystery, you have to eliminate each contingency. And about the door code- STFU. It didn't work. Deal with it.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:32 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:24 pm
I've been up since 4:00.
Quit yer bitchin', pussy.
Not my fault you are cucked and your wife wants breakfast.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:04 am

I just told you. I parked in the same spot without going inside. Nothing happened. It's nothing outside. I'll stroll around inside tomorrow. When trying to figure out some mystery, you have to eliminate each contingency. And about the door code- STFU. It didn't work. Deal with it.
it didn't work because you made up the whole story of finding it in the first place. because if you had found it, it would work. just admit it.