Leftist privilege

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Leftist privilege

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:10 pm
Biker wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:19 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:14 pm
Biker wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:03 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:27 am Is it possible the dems have this all planned and will unveil it at the convention?
Yes.

Remember that the Dems have super delegates just in case the people choose the wrong candidate. What will happen is that Biden will win enough committed delegates to win the nomination but the supers remain uncommitted. Someone will convince him to step aside, which in turn will allow him to officially release his delegates to the candidate the DNC chooses.

What will be interesting is if they put up Heels Up or they pivot to Newsome. If they pivot, they risk losing a lot of the black vote. Doesnt mean they'll vote Trump or Kennedy, it just means that they'll sit this one out
Thats kind of what I was thinking. Remember the whole super delegate thing with Hillary I think it was? The rank and file I believe wanted Bernie but the Supers wanted Hilldog. Am I remembering that correctly?
Yep. There was a point in the process where Bernie had more actual votes than Hillary. Then the DNC offered to pay off his campaign debts and he folded like the cheap suit he is
Apparently we're not the only ones thinking this. Politico expands on the possibility:
Democrats Might Need a Plan B. Here’s What It Looks Like.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... e-00140790
Why isn't Joe Manchin jumping on this opportunity? He's the only one with enough name recognition and a resume to compete on this level. Yet his name never comes up except as a 3rd party ticket.

Kennedy had an ad during the Super Bowl. Why isn't his name mentioned as an option?