what are you listening too?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Re: what are you listening too?

Post by Burn1dwn »

disco.moon wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:17 pm so, I was looking for the 80's song "Destination Unknown" and I was of course distracted by the thumbnail of this. Watch it with the volume down. You're welcome.

They definitely shot themselves in the foot by putting that song on that video. :lol:
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

HighNDry wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:59 pm

My daughter got me the vinyl for Father’s Day.
Seems like Vinyls are making a comeback. At least I saw some at walmart.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

disco, the Phish channel, are you a phish head?

hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

In a different life disco, we would be happily married.

I post this about once a year, but my friend was runner up on The Voice years back, these guys were SO good live...

pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

does she have a restraining order yet?
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

No, and her ex-band there and I are pretty close. The drummer I see a few times a year, he plays with a country guy now that play the Brick quite a bit. And the guitarist in the a very popular WA band Dusty 45s

hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

They end every show with the flaming trumpet

hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

My band was lucky enough to open for them once, biggest crowd we ever played to.

The tiny little woman has PIPES!

pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

disco.moon wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:30 pm
hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:09 pm In a different life disco, we would be happily married.

I post this about once a year, but my friend was runner up on The Voice years back, these guys were SO good live...

Oooh kick ass. And okay, I accept your proposal. Do I get mod capability?
he only has mod rights during pride month.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

Last night I got the urge to listen to Judas Priest's stained class album. A friend of mine gave me a kayset (Arnold in the skateroom would always say "what you using? 8-track or kayset) of it back around 1980 or so. That was the friend that saw me in the parking lot of the Eric Clapton concert and told me I'd leave by about the 3rd song,which I did. Anyway,harold (my buddy) was over in desert storm and he was some sort of medical worker and he died some years ago of cancer,another friend talked to him not too long before he died and harold said pretty much everyone he was around over there ended up getting cancer. Harold was a big guy and at the rink he really liked a girl there and the girl had a brother who was the dj at the rink and he was pretty square. So one night Harold talks the girl into going outside with him and a little while later they come back in and Harold has got a huge smile. Normally he was pretty straight faced so I said to him "looks like you had a pretty good time". He says "she just gave me a blowjob!" but he was somehwat laughing/trying to hold back laughter so I asked what's up what's so funny. He said when they were making out and she stuck her hand down his pants she stopped kissing him and said "my god your big". So Harold and I go tell Kevin (he was the guy that spied on the blowjob queen with me) and a couple other dudes were hanging around down there (the skateroom),and here comes old mr. squarebritches. To give you an idea about this guy,his dad had a shop and when the kid was about 13 or so he'd call other shops in the area and say <I'm so and so vice president of this shop" and then ask something really stupid. Finally a few shop owners called his dad to put a stop to it. So he comes down and starts asking Harold a mess of questions like what's your plans for education,what's your job. Harold at the time was 15 or 16 and he didn't have a car. So finally the brother said "no one dates my sister without my approval" and he walked away. As he walked away one of the guys said to the rest of us "I wonder how he feels about her just giving a guy a blowjob?" and we all laughed our ass off.
Anyway,stained class then I listened to hell bent for leather and then point of entry. I don't know why Priest never got to where say,Iron Maiden status. I know a few years back they played Detroit at a big outdoor place and it was sold out or pretty close,but a couple months later they came to my hometown and only about a thousand people showed up.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

Ruby Starr, I really dig that chick! (70's talk but I pretty much still talk like that)
8-TrackJones
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Klaatu ......Barada .......Ncoughcoughcough.........Necktie.........Nickel.....
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

This is how we did concerts in the 70s. 250,000 people

I blame Biker.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

disco.moon wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:37 am Back in the day I had this really long, spaghetti strap, crushed burgundy velvet, slit all the way up the right leg and I stripped it down to this song. Fucking Mad Season for the win.

So much talent...
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Geist wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:09 am
10/10

This song led me down a wormhole and I came out the other side watching all the Central Services YouTube videos because I can't find them on Spotify.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

disco.moon wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:37 am Back in the day I had this really long, spaghetti strap, crushed burgundy velvet, slit all the way up the right leg and I stripped it down to this song. Fucking Mad Season for the win.
Oh yay, are you a Seattle scene fan in general? Mudhoney, Mother Lovebone, Screaming Trees?
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

"Despite not having a single song completely prepared (only beginnings of songs, according to Martin) and not even having a name for the band, McCready scheduled an unannounced show at the Crocodile Cafe on October 12, 1994, which turned out to be a big success.[5] The song "Artificial Red", which was also to appear on the album, actually came together during the show itself."
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

I lived in Seattle from 1991 to 1993, right when the shit was going down, and I was in my early 20s. You knew what was happening was special, and I never thought AIC or Nirvana (they were late to the party) would go anywhere. Soundgarden seemed destined for international fame. Boy, missed that call for sure.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Chris was a once-in-a-generation artist, it is so tiring to lose talent like we seem to do regularly.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:19 pm I lived in Seattle from 1991 to 1993, right when the shit was going down, and I was in my early 20s. You knew what was happening was special, and I never thought AIC or Nirvana (they were late to the party) would go anywhere. Soundgarden seemed destined for international fame. Boy, missed that call for sure.
Where do you fall on "Is Nirvana Grunge" argument? I say no.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:40 pm
hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:19 pm I lived in Seattle from 1991 to 1993, right when the shit was going down, and I was in my early 20s. You knew what was happening was special, and I never thought AIC or Nirvana (they were late to the party) would go anywhere. Soundgarden seemed destined for international fame. Boy, missed that call for sure.
An odd thought, some would say they were the most grunge and the rest of Seattle music was punk or metal. I watched AIC at Bumbershoot back in the day and thought they were metal rap.

That said, Nirvana had a unique sound and song writing that set them apart, for good or bad. If Pearl Jam is what grunge should be, then no, Nirvana is not grunge.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:09 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:40 pm
An odd thought, some would say they were the most grunge and the rest of Seattle music was punk or metal. I watched AIC at Bumbershoot back in the day and thought they were metal rap.

That said, Nirvana had a unique sound and song writing that set them apart, for good or bad. If Pearl Jam is what grunge should be, then no, Nirvana is not grunge.
I think they are all Alternative Rock but Grunge to me requires a heavy metal influence that Nirvana seems to lack. Obviously Grohl is a headbanger. But he was just a fucking drummer in that band. He doesn't count. :P
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »