Why would Russia invade Ukraine?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Re: Why would Russia invade Ukraine?

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:36 pm and i'm no military expert, but I would just guess that a tank must cost around $2 million each. It seems pretty wasteful to just drop a bomb inside to see if anyone is in there.
If it renders the tank useless, then its mission accomplished, no?
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Animal wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:35 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:22 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:06 pm wtf? drones drop those?
Yep
that's insane. that video almost looks like a kid is dropping something out of a tree house or something. that drone can't be more than about 20 feet above that tank. I wonder how they get the aim so accurate?
More than 20 feet up. I’d guess more than 100, based on drop time after the bombs become visible.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:38 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:36 pm and i'm no military expert, but I would just guess that a tank must cost around $2 million each. It seems pretty wasteful to just drop a bomb inside to see if anyone is in there.
Why not just take and make it your own tank now. Its not like these guys are just swimming in new equipment.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:40 pm
Yep
that's insane. that video almost looks like a kid is dropping something out of a tree house or something. that drone can't be more than about 20 feet above that tank. I wonder how they get the aim so accurate?
More than 20 feet up. I’d guess more than 100, based on drop time after the bombs become visible.
Yeah, you are probably right. But its still pretty damn close. I think they obviously felt 99% sure that tank was empty and were just making sure no one used it again.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:46 pm
Why not just take and make it your own tank now. Its not like these guys are just swimming in new equipment.
I'm guessing its because they were located behind enemy lines and no way to take it.

Read that over the past three days, they have commandeered over 50 tanks and 100 military vehicles thus far. Russians, at least the ones in Kharkiv, are simply abandoning their equipment and running for the hills
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Yep
Wasn't Obama's airstrikes in the Middle East carried out this way? To minimize collateral damage?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

saltydog wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:36 pm
Yep
Weren't Obama's airstrikes in the Middle East carried out this way? To minimize collateral damage?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Biker

Post by Biker »

Yep
Wasn't Obama's airstrikes in the Middle East carried out this way? To minimize collateral damage?
No, the drones he used were larger and carried advanced laser guided missiles. The one that is in the video is smaller and carries a maximum two munitions
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Yep
if by "in this way" you mean using drones, then yes. But that's about the end of the similarities.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Biker wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:49 pm
I'm guessing its because they were located behind enemy lines and no way to take it.

Read that over the past three days, they have commandeered over 50 tanks and 100 military vehicles thus far. Russians, at least the ones in Kharkiv, are simply abandoning their equipment and running for the hills
So the Russian soldiers have taken a cue from Sippy Cup's tactics in Afghanistan? You know, leaving all kinds of military gear behind for the enemy to commandeer and use for their own benefit?
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Biker

Post by Biker »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:47 am

So the Russian soldiers have taken a cue from Sippy Cup's tactics in Afghanistan? You know, leaving all kinds of military gear behind for the enemy to commandeer and use for their own benefit?
Seems to be the leftist way
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

The Russians did it before sippy cup. Cut and run is the Ruskie way.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

stonedmegman wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:02 am

Demonstrably untrue. The incompetent retreat from Afghanistan was over a year ago. The Ukraine invasion was later. Cut and run is the democrat way.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Deathangel wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:13 am
Deathangel wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:47 am

Demonstrably untrue. The incompetent retreat from Afghanistan was over a year ago. The Ukraine invasion was later. Cut and run is the democrat way.
Poor snowflake communist having trouble admitting your second god Vlad is in a heap of trouble .
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Who wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:53 am
Deathangel wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:13 am
Deathangel wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:47 am

Poor snowflake communist having trouble admitting your second god Vlad is in a heap of trouble .
You really have no idea what the words "communist" and "fascist" mean, do you?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker

Post by Biker »

Captured by the UAF, a Soviet T-62 (1961) on a 2022 battlefield. Paper Tigers

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i will bet those cedars are just brutal on their allergies this time of year.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Biker wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:07 pm Captured by the UAF, a Soviet T-62 (1961) on a 2022 battlefield. Paper Tigers

Two thumbs up! That's Siskel and Ebert!
Biker

Post by Biker »

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I just saw where Putin has announced that he is calling up 300,000 reservists to join the fight in Ukraine. I also read where the number of one way flights out of Moscow has jumped by more than 4x in the last 2 days. Air plane ticket prices are skyrocketing in Russia.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2022 ... ks-n643049

Elon suggests a peace plan. Ukrainian tells him to fuck off. He says fine. Will do.

Pulling the plug on starlink unless somebody else pays for it.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Charliesheen wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:55 pm https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2022 ... ks-n643049

Elon suggests a peace plan. Ukrainian tells him to fuck off. He says fine. Will do.

Good. He doesn't owe them a damn thing.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:34 pm
Deathproof wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:45 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:55 pm https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2022 ... ks-n643049

Good. He doesn't owe them a damn thing.
Nor does the United States. L
Truth. They're not NATO members, so we have no obligation to them.