Astros

Other people doing actual physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Astros

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

saltydog wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:47 am A current player in the WS once applied for a job with our company in the mid 2000s. Unfortunately, he was looking for part time work and his timing couldn't have been worse for us. Little did we know...
And onto Philly tied 1-1. Who was it?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

2 games into the World Series and the cheating Astros have only been caught cheating twice!
They're really off their cheating game. They're going to have to step up their cheating game if they expect to cheat their way to a World Series title. (again)
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:13 pm 2 games into the World Series and the cheating Astros have only been caught cheating twice!
They're really off their cheating game. They're going to have to step up their cheating game if they expect to cheat their way to a World Series title. (again)
Thanks NBC Philadelphia. I see the press there is already getting the fans ready for the ultimate letdown. Already debunked by everybody else. Nice try, Homer.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Okay, cheater.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

how come the Astros cheat so much? are there rules against it?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:31 pm how come the Astros cheat so much? are there rules against it?
Cheaters gotta cheat.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:31 pm how come the Astros cheat so much? are there rules against it?
Couple of 20 something reporters from some obscure NBC TV Philadelphia station trying to boost ratings. Philly fans are latching on knowing what's coming. (See, I didn't use the word Incels).
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:41 pm
Couple of 20 something reporters from some obscure NBC TV Philadelphia station trying to boost ratings. Philly fans are latching on knowing what's coming. (See, I didn't use the word Incels).
what did those two young reporters catch them doing?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CTC trying to make a point.

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:57 pm
Said Valdez looked "dirty" (like he hadn't bathed). Alleged he was using a foreign substance. Since he's Black, sounds pretty racist. Philly players said they didn't see or notice anything. Astros catcher Maldonado used a bat in Game 1 given to him Albert Pujols to use in the Series. Turned out it was not up to legal MLB standards. Like I said, trying to boost their ratings.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:10 pm
Said Valdez looked "dirty" (like he hadn't bathed). Alleged he was using a foreign substance. Since he's Black, sounds pretty racist. Philly players said they didn't see or notice anything. Astros catcher Maldonado used a bat in Game 1 given to him Albert Pujols to use in the Series. Turned out it was not up to legal MLB standards. Like I said, trying to boost their ratings.
so they thought the pitcher was using some kind of substance on his throwing hand and wiping it off of his body? And then the bat, turns out, was illegal to use?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:21 pm
so they thought the pitcher was using some kind of substance on his throwing hand and wiping it off of his body? And then the bat, turns out, was illegal to use?
No idea about the whole foreign substance thing, Just another rating booster story allegation from some obscure Philly TV station for the low IQ Gullibles like RD. The bat story is just what I've read. Bat given to him by Pujols to use and it turned out to be not up to MLB standards. The handle was 1/8" too thick or something like that.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Bat handle thickness is irrelevant.

The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Maldonado used illegal bats.
Diaz intentionally leaned forward to get hit by a pitch.

Cheaters gotta cheat.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:39 pm

Cheaters gotta cheat.
Sure Homer
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:48 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:39 pm

Cheaters gotta cheat.
Sure Homer
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

OMG, he leaned into the pitch trying to get a HBP and take first. That's it. Shut down the series. Buncha Pansy Boy Scouts seem to be watching this year.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Cheaters gotta cheat.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

For game 3, RD will be watching the Astros bench carefully for any sign of them exceeding their MLB chewing gum quota.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Cheaters gotta cheat.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:31 pm For game 3, RD will be watching the Astros bench carefully for any sign of them exceeding their MLB chewing gum quota.
To be fair, most teams will do almost anything to gain an edge.

The Astros were greedy enough to get caught.

The Diaz HBP was absolutely the right call and so blatant that the HP umpire immediately called him on it. Complete bush league crap.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

saltydog wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:51 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:31 pm For game 3, RD will be watching the Astros bench carefully for any sign of them exceeding their MLB chewing gum quota.

The Diaz HBP was absolutely the right call and so blatant that the HP umpire immediately called him on it. Complete bush league crap.
Way before any of our times, but 1951's famous "shot heard around the World". NY Giants beat the Brookland Dodgers to win the pennant.

Remembered fondly by Giants fans for decades.
Turns out the Giants had a guy with a telescope stealing the catcher's signs. They knew what pitch was coming.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:51 am

Way before any of our times, but 1951's famous "shot heard around the World". NY Giants beat the Brookland Dodgers to win the pennant.

Turns out the Giants had a guy with a telescope stealing the catcher's signs. They knew what pitch was coming.
It's known that Sandy Koufax was tipping his pitches for a few years before someone mentioned it to him at an All Star Game.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

saltydog wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:07 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:51 am

It's known that Sandy Koufax was tipping his pitches for a few years before someone mentioned it to him at an All Star Game.
And BTW, I didn't see the Diaz HBP because I went to bed once I realized it was going to extra innings but yeah that is bush league crap.