Trump Is Disqualified From the 2024 Ballot, Colorado Supreme Court Rules

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Trump Is Disqualified From the 2024 Ballot, Colorado Supreme Court Rules

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Antknot wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:08 am
dot wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:19 am Who could've guessed this from the crowd that would support an insurrection?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... rcna130720
Colorado Supreme Court justices face a flood of threats after disqualifying Trump from the ballot

The latest round of threats fits a familiar pattern: Trump faces a legal setback, and officials face threats.

In the 24 hours since the Colorado Supreme Court kicked former President Donald Trump off the state's Republican primary ballot, social media outlets have been flooded with threats against the justices who ruled in the case, according to a report obtained by NBC News.

Advance Democracy, a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that conducts public interest research, identified "significant violent rhetoric" against the justices and Democrats, often in direct response to Trump's posts about the ruling on his platform Truth Social. They found that some social media users posted justices' email addresses, phone numbers and office building addresses.

"This ends when we kill these f--kers," a user wrote on a pro-Trump forum that was used by several Jan. 6 rioters.

"What do you call 7 justices from the Colorado Supreme Court at the bottom of the ocean?" asked another user. "A good start."

Posts — whose images and links were included in the report — noted a variety of methods that could be used to kill those perceived as Trump's enemies: hollow-point bullets, rifles, rope, bombs.

"Kill judges. Behead judges. Roundhouse kick a judge into the concrete," read a post on a fringe website. "Slam dunk a judge's baby into the trashcan."

The threats fit into a predictable and familiar pattern, seen time and time again after legal developments against Trump. After the FBI searched Trump's Mar-a-Lago home in Florida, a man who had been at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, attacked the FBI field office in Cincinnati with a nail gun while holding an AR-15-style rifle. When a grand jury in Georgia indicted Trump, some of his supporters posted the grand jurors' addresses online. When U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan was assigned to special counsel Jack Smith's federal election interference case against Trump, she faced threats from Trump supporters. A federal appeals court pointed out the pattern when it upheld a narrowed gag order against Trump in his election interference case this month, noting that those he publicly targets are often threatened and harassed.

Daniel J. Jones, the president Advance Democracy, the group that compiled the report, said the consistency of the violent threats and rhetoric was especially concerning.

“We are seeing significant violent language and threats being made against the Colorado justices and others perceived to be behind yesterday’s Colorado Supreme Court ruling," Jones, a former FBI investigator and staffer for the Senate Intelligence Committee, told NBC News in a statement.

"The normalization of this type of violent rhetoric — and lack of remedial action by social media entities — is cause for significant concern," he said. "Trump’s statements, which have sought to delegitimize and politicize the actions of the courts, is serving as a key driver of the violent rhetoric. Political leaders on both sides of the political aisle need to speak out against these calls for violence, and social media platforms need to reassess their role in hosting and promoting this rhetoric.”

A spokesman for the Colorado Supreme Court did not immediately respond to a request for comment. A Trump campaign official did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Didn’t SCOTUS get threats after Roe?
Of course they did. And protests outside their homes.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:29 am So Dot is either ignorant to the fact that these Twitter users are paid ops, or he is lying about knowing that they are. Which is it, ese?
At this point, like we discovered meltedtime here before him, I'm pretty sure dot is some sort of low level Dem volunteer or employee.
No personality or sense of humor, virtually no other posts aside from political, always armed with the the most up to date talking points and unable/unwilling to say even the slightest bit negative about anything Democrat.
Meltedtime denied it forever until he finally let it slip.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:51 pm
Biker wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:29 am So Dot is either ignorant to the fact that these Twitter users are paid ops, or he is lying about knowing that they are. Which is it, ese?
At this point, like we discovered meltedtime here before him, I'm pretty sure dot is some sort of low level Dem volunteer or employee.
No personality or sense of humor, virtually no other posts aside from political, always armed with the the most up to date talking points and unable/unwilling to say even the slightest bit negative about anything Democrat.
And just like that... Dot is now a political operative who is spending his time on an internet message board that has 20 active users.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:11 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:51 pm
And just like that... Dot is now a political operative who is spending his time on an internet message board that has 20 active users.
Meh. Its not that hard to check in here. We all prove that.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:11 pm And just like that... Dot is now a political operative who is spending his time on an internet message board that has 20 active users.

I wish someone had informed me of my additional employment, I could use the extra income.

Vast Twitter and social media conspiracy networking schemes, that's nothing to conceptualize and believe. But an attempted coup investigated, exposed, and even admitted to in court proceedings leading to a documented and televised traitorous insurrection, that is too much for these clowns to connect the dots, no pun intended.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Nah, youre just a low level flunky. No one said youre running some vast network or enterprise. You check in because youre probably sitting at a desk somewhere, you have the time to do it and 99% of your posts are to vigorously and conspicuously defend all things Democrat.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:06 pm Nah, youre just a low level flunky. No one said youre running some vast network or enterprise. You check in because youre probably sitting at a desk somewhere, you have the time to do it and 99% of your posts are to vigorously and conspicuously defend all things Democrat.
This is why you fail at investigating your Biden brand farce. "Vast Twitter and social media conspiracy networking schemes" is for your pal's DNC to Twitter influencers, not your braindead accusation about me. But by all means, pretend I'm a political operative. I could use the money stream, manifest it into reality for me, hack.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:06 pm Nah, youre just a low level flunky. No one said youre running some vast network or enterprise. You check in because youre probably sitting at a desk somewhere, you have the time to do it and 99% of your posts are to vigorously and conspicuously defend all things Democrat.
Says the guy who posts 20 times a day vigorously and conspicuously defending all things Republican. :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:35 pm
Says the guy who posts 20 times a day vigorously and conspicuously defending all things Republican. :lol:
Except I also post about numerous other things, have a wonderful sense of humor and I have called out R's on numerous occasions so the pattern doesnt really fit me. :D
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I would think the Supreme Court will slap this down but Ive been thinking...even if he wasnt on the ballot Ol' Donny will simply tell his followers to write him in. The people that think having him off the ballot solves the problem, and I was one of them, didnt think of this monkey wrench in the works. Ive come to the sad realization that Donny will fuck up this election no matter what. I will still vote for my boy DeSantis in our primary but at this point its just going through the motions. Unless Trump keels over from a Diet Coke and Big Mac induced heart attack I think hes the freight train that wont be stopped.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

BREAKING: Trump will remain on Colorado 2024 ballot unless SCOTUS rules otherwise: Colorado Secretary of State
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking- ... e_vignette
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:33 pm I would think the Supreme Court will slap this down but Ive been thinking...even if he wasnt on the ballot Ol' Donny will simply tell his followers to write him in. The people that think having him off the ballot solves the problem, and I was one of them, didnt think of this monkey wrench in the works. Ive come to the sad realization that Donny will fuck up this election no matter what. I will still vote for my boy DeSantis in our primary but at this point its just going through the motions. Unless Trump keels over from a Diet Coke and Big Mac induced heart attack I think hes the freight train that wont be stopped.
100%

Worse, all the things that are happening to trump to 'prevent him from running' are going to be powers he will use against others down the road. How will he stay in power in 2028, all the democrats end up arrested. >.>

But, this is also by design too... so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I think most people have yet to realize that we are in a new age where people will do the opposite of whatever it is they think you are trying to get them to do. At least when it comes to elections and what the pundits are saying. The more effort that goes into telling everything why they cannot vote for trump, the more people are going to vote for him.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Wasn't he disqualified in Maine too?
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

stonedmegman wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:33 pm Wasn't he disqualified in Maine too?
He was.