Enough evidence for SaltyDot?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Enough evidence for SaltyDot?

Post by Animal »

I will say it again. Trump paying Stormy to be quiet is not Bribery (in its legal definition). Now, I know that won't stop dot from bringing it up every post for the next 2 years, but its just the facts.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i guess DOT thinks that when a landowner sells land and puts a deed restriction on the sale that he has committed bribery. :lol: or if a guy sells a business and makes the previous owner sign a non-compete, then bribery has occurred. :lol:
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:12 pm I guess in the same way some numbskull at Harbor freight can think that concrete is cement, a parent giving their kid a "bribe" can lead you to think the legal definition of bribery involves promisng candy to a child. :lol:
Case in point, ignore the very real world examples just given to you, focus on something childish so as to minimize your embarrassment. Doesn't change the fact that you walked yourself right into fraud part deux. I'm sure you'd also love to forget that you don't know your own industry as well as you'd like everyone to believe.
saltydog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:12 pm Confidently moronic. (see Ted Cruz, Greg Abbott etc.)

It's a Texas thing.
I resent having to be lumped in with this moran.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:01 pm Holy clueless Batman.

In 1919, Chicago White Sox players were paid money to throw the World Series.

It was bribery.

bribe
[ brahyb ]SHOW IPA

noun
money or any other valuable consideration given or promised with a view to corrupting the behavior of a person, especially in that person's performance as an athlete, public official, etc.:
The motorist offered the arresting officer a bribe to let him go.

Let us know where it only applies to government officials.

Dunce.
The problem is that it wasn't "Bribery". Sure you might find a newspaper here or there that mistakenly called it bribery, but it wasn't bribery.

The Black Sox Scandal
[Unsigned, The New York Times]
September 28, 1920 CHICAGO-Seven star players for the Chicago White Sox and one former player were indicted late this afternoon, charged with complicity in a conspiracy with gamblers to "fix" the 1919 world's series. The indictments were based on evidence obtained for the Cook County Grand Jury by Charles A. Comiskey, owner of the White Sox, and after confessions by two of the players told how the world's championship was thrown to Cincinnati and how they had received money or were "double-crossed" by the gamblers.

The eight players indicted are:

EDDIE CICOTTE, star pitcher.

"SHOELESS JOE" JACKSON, left fielder and heavy hitter.

OSCAR "HAP" FELSCH, centre fielder.

CHARLES "SWEDE" RISBERG, shortstop.

GEORGE "BUCK" WEAVER, third baseman.

ARNOLD GANDIL, former first baseman.

CLAUDE WILLIAMS, pitcher.

FRED McMULLEN, utility player.

The specific charge against the eight players is "conspiracy to commit an illegal act," which is punishable by five years' imprisonment or a fine up to $10,000, but this charge may be changed when the full indictments are drawn by the Grand Jury. No sooner had the news of the indictments become public than Comiskey suspended the seven players, wrecking the team he had given years to build up and almost certainly forfeiting his chances to beat out Cleveland for the American League pennant. His letter notifying the players of their suspension follows:

"Chicago, Sept 26.

"To Charles Risberg, Fred McMullen, Joe Jackson, Oscar Felsch, George Weaver, C.P. Williams and Eddie Cicotte:

"You and each of you are hereby noti- fied of your indefinite suspension as a member of the Chicago American Baseball Club. Your suspension is brought about by information which has just come to me directly involving you and each of you in the baseball scandal resulting from the world's series of 1919.

"If you are innocent of any wrongdoing you and each of you will be reinstated; if you are guilty you will be retired from organized baseball for the rest of your lives if I can accomplish it. Until there is a finality to this investigation it is due to the public that I take this action, even though it costs Chicago the pennant.

"CHICAGO AMERICAN BASEBALL CLUB

"By CHARLES A. COMISKEY"

Officials of the Grand Jury lifted the curtain on the proceedings and declared that Cicotte and Jackson made open confessions, Cicotte admitting receiving $10,000 and throwing two games, and Jackson admitting receiving $5,000 of $20,000 promised him by the gamblers and telling of his efforts to defeat his own team.

Cicotte's confession came after he and Alfred S. Austrian, counsel for the White Sox management, had conferred with Judge Charles A. McDonald in the latter's chambers. Toward the end of this conference they were joined by Assistant State Attorney Hartley Replogle. A few moments later he and Cicotte proceeded to the grand jury room. There the great baseball pitcher broke down and wept. "My God! Think of my children," he cried.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:16 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:12 pm I guess in the same way some numbskull at Harbor freight can think that concrete is cement, a parent giving their kid a "bribe" can lead you to think the legal definition of bribery involves promisng candy to a child. :lol:
Case in point, ignore the very real world examples just given to you, focus on something childish so as to minimize your embarrassment. Doesn't change the fact that you walked yourself right into fraud part deux. I'm sure you'd also love to forget that you don't know your own industry as well as you'd like everyone to believe.
saltydog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:12 pm Confidently moronic. (see Ted Cruz, Greg Abbott etc.)

It's a Texas thing.
I resent having to be lumped in with this moran.
case in point. you have no idea what you are talking about. Trump paying Stormy Daniels was not bribery. Stay dumb my friend.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:23 pm case in point. you have no idea what you are talking about. Trump paying Stormy Daniels was not bribery. Stay dumb my friend.
I'm not the one sticking to one singular narrow definition of bribery out of necessity.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:26 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:23 pm case in point. you have no idea what you are talking about. Trump paying Stormy Daniels was not bribery. Stay dumb my friend.
I'm not the one sticking to one singular narrow definition of bribery out of necessity.
well, i am the one sticking to the legal definition. because we are talking about legal and illegal things and crimes and stuff like that. If I pay you to mow my yard, I am not bribing you to mow it. even if some parent's facebook post might say "I bribed my son to mow the yard". "legally" he didn't bribe him to do it, he paid him to do it.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:32 pm
dot wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:26 pm
well, i am the one sticking to the legal definition. because we are talking about legal and illegal things and crimes and stuff like that. If I pay you to mow my yard, I am not bribing you to mow it. even if some parent's facebook post might say "I bribed my son to mow the yard". "legally" he didn't bribe him to do it, he paid him to do it.
What is it with Texas and the arrogant ignorance? You, Ted Cruz, Greg Abbott?

I bet you still don't comprehend how fraudulent overstating or understating assets can be.

Here's an example.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/s/HXk5BTTEib
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:32 pm well, i am the one sticking to the legal definition. because we are talking about legal and illegal things and crimes and stuff like that. If I pay you to mow my yard, I am not bribing you to mow it. even if some parent's facebook post might say "I bribed my son to mow the yard". "legally" he didn't bribe him to do it, he paid him to do it.
Someone should let the National Enquirer and the Black Sox know that what they were doing was fine then according to a cement mixer in Texas.

Your problem here continues to be that you only accept one singular definition, when clearly from the beginning, everyone here contrary to you was telling you that you were mistaken. Admittedly, you were reluctant to enunciate exactly what you were thinking as to your reasoning and for good reason, because when that was finally dragged out of you, you got pushback all around again for being wrong. We're not talking about mowing the yard, or children's candy. We're talking about burying negative press with money and paying for the silence of similar negative personal experience, all through illicit means, in order to influence a public election. Any way you slice it, you're still wrong. But let's expand beyond your unfortunate misunderstanding of reality again and assume that bribery can only apply how you're insisting it be applied. You're still stuck with having to then outline what Joe Biden's crime is with this check. If we take your strict narrow definition, this can't apply. If we have to discard that definition in order to invent a different crime, then once again, you're wrong on what you've been arguing about. All the while, we're still waiting for the policy the cash was supposed to be for. It's gonna be amusing to see how the right is gonna bend themselves into a pretzel to rehab this story next.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

(I didn't read any of that nonsense, btw).

the fact remains. Trump's payment to Stormy Daniels was NOT bribery. That's just an indisputable fact. Dummy.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Which brings us back to:
dot wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:14 pm From the guy that couldn't figure out fraud, now playing "Is Hush Money a Bribe" with a foreword about fictional Burisma payoffs.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

which also brings us back to

That Epic Moron Dot thinks that Trumps payment to Stormy Daniels was a bribe. :lol: LMFAO!
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

You already swung and missed on the whole what is bribery fiasco, if you want to keep digging that hole, be my guest.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:20 pm (I didn't read any of that nonsense, btw).

the fact remains. Trump's payment to Stormy Daniels was NOT bribery. That's just an indisputable fact. Dummy.
Would you prefer "hush payment"?
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:46 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:20 pm (I didn't read any of that nonsense, btw).

Would you prefer "hush payment"?
sure, because that's what it was. there was nothing illegal about it. you can pay a person to do anything as long as what you are paying them to do is legal. pay them to move, to sell their car, to watch a movie, or not talk about having sex with you. none of those things are illegal. now, where you get the money you use to pay them with could make it illegal. and i think that's what Trump did wrong.

although, i think that some people have tried to bring up some kind of law that hiding information from voters about a candidate can be illegal.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:46 pm You already swung and missed on the whole what is bribery fiasco, if you want to keep digging that hole, be my guest.
Trump paying Stormy wasn't bribery. now, you, thinking it was bribery was pretty stupid. don't you think? :lol:
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

If that's what you need to tell yourself to believe you have a leg to stand on. You still have to get to the Biden of it all, but considering you can't get past this first hurdle, I don't like your chances.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:09 am If that's what you need to tell yourself to believe you have a leg to stand on. You still have to get to the Biden of it all, but considering you can't get past this first hurdle, I don't like your chances.
the funny part, for me, is when you wander out of the kiddie pool and get into trouble, then Salty, the drooling retard on the life guard stand, crashes in and then both of you are drowning each other while we all laugh. good times.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:13 am
dot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:09 am If that's what you need to tell yourself to believe you have a leg to stand on. You still have to get to the Biden of it all, but considering you can't get past this first hurdle, I don't like your chances.
the funny part, for me, is when you wander out of the kiddie pool and get into trouble, then Salty, the drooling retard on the life guard stand, crashes in and then both of you are drowning each other while we all laugh. good times.
At least we won't have to vote for Trump.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

We? Take a look around and you'll find yourself alone with your garbage opinions. You got presented with facts and from that point you've been scrambling to save face. This is just more of that. Fraud, part deux.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:23 am
I'm not so sure. If you are willing to vote with MAGA to tank the House and shut down the government, maybe you would vote for Trump in hopes of tanking the country. It would follow the same logic.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Who else is laughing?

I find the lack of support for your bleating speaking louder than usual volumes.

You consistent ineptitude is only tolerable because apparently you have an investment stake in this board.

Why someone thought that was a good idea is beyond my comprehension.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:27 am
saltydog wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:23 am
I'm not so sure. If you are willing to vote with MAGA to tank the House and shut down the government, maybe you would vote for Trump in hopes of tanking the country. It would follow the same logic.
It's sad how embarrassing your party is for this country.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:25 am We? Take a look around and you'll find yourself alone with your garbage opinions. You got presented with facts and from that point you've been scrambling to save face. This is just more of that. Fraud, part deux.
from the guy that thinks paying a porn star is bribery. :lol:
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:28 am
dot wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:25 am We? Take a look around and you'll find yourself alone with your garbage opinions. You got presented with facts and from that point you've been scrambling to save face. This is just more of that. Fraud, part deux.
from the guy that thinks paying a porn star is bribery. :lol:
According to multiple definitions, it is. Much like a good Republican gimp-boy you refuse to acknowledge it.