Re: Post nothing for good reason (NSFW)

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:00 pm
:chopwood:
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster
Interests: boating, fishing, dating, travel, music, trivia, crossword puzzles, coffee, reading, photography, swimming, grilling, smoking, building

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster
Interests: boating, fishing, dating, travel, music, trivia, crossword puzzles, coffee, reading, photography, swimming, grilling, smoking, building

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

where is Mesquite wood on that list? and Bois d' Arc?
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Hickory is my favorite for knife and ax handles. Oak is just too damn brittle.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

No balsa?
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Blast wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:33 pm Hickory is my favorite for knife and ax handles. Oak is just too damn brittle.
they make baseball bats out of maple and ash, right? wouldn't those be good for handles?

I tried making a few bats out of mesquite years ago. I would turn them on a lathe. They looked amazing and were heavier than a normal bat. But I had a guy hitting them in a batting cage and they would fracture after about 20 hits. Mesquite has so many knots in it and every fracture was on a knot. sometimes you couldn't even see where the tiny knots were until after it fractured.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Charliesheen wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:33 pmNo balsa?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janka_hardness_test

It was hard to find any reference to balsa (which is actually wood from the ochroma tree), but the wiki on the Janka test suggests it's 70 lbf, or a sixth of basswood's 410 lbf. The Janka test is a unit of force, and varies in value depending on the measuring units of force used. So 70 lbf is 310 N.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

Osage orange? 2620
Kaltapa? 550
Honey locust? 1580
Black locust? 1700
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Figures. BlueSpruce posts a gif of smoking hot women- Nothing. Posts a tree graph and arborists come out of the woodworks (see what I did there).
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:34 pm Figures. BlueSpruce posts a gif of smoking hot women- Nothing. Posts a tree graph and arborists come out of the woodworks (see what I did there).
Do you need an expert to explain a woman to you?
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Animal wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:40 pm
Blast wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:33 pm Hickory is my favorite for knife and ax handles. Oak is just too damn brittle.
they make baseball bats out of maple and ash, right? wouldn't those be good for handles?

I tried making a few bats out of mesquite years ago. I would turn them on a lathe. They looked amazing and were heavier than a normal bat. But I had a guy hitting them in a batting cage and they would fracture after about 20 hits. Mesquite has so many knots in it and every fracture was on a knot. sometimes you couldn't even see where the tiny knots were until after it fractured.
I made a handle out of ash for my first bearded ax, broke first attempt at throwing it.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Blast wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:59 pm

I made a handle out of ash for my first bearded ax, broke first attempt at throwing it.
There's a reason why wooden bats are trending away from cheap Ash at professional levels.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

saltydog wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:06 pm
Blast wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:59 pm

There's a reason why wooden bats are trending away from cheap Ash at professional levels.
Even from maple, those shards tend to be sharp and can cause severe injury.
Bluespruce1964
Tomorrow's Best Poster

Post by Bluespruce1964 »

I'm up early.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

there were Costco's in 1985?
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Animal wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:23 pm there were Costco's in 1985?

Price Club was first in 1976, then Costco in 1983, they then merged in the mid to late nineties.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

B-Tender wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:29 pm

Price Club was first in 1976, then Costco in 1983, they then merged in the mid to late nineties.
i remember an old store, and i can't think of the name of it right now (Service Merchandise???). it was a huge store and everything was sitting out like in a store, but instead of picking things up to take to the checkout, you got a card for each thing you wanted. Then you took the cards to this window and they would enter them and then your items would come out on a conveyor belt several minutes later and you paid for them. It was sort of like a baggage claim at an airport. They had a big catalogue, so you pretty much knew what you were going to get before you got there and their prices were really cheap.
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

Animal wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:37 pm

i remember an old store, and i can't think of the name of it right now (Service Merchandise???). it was a huge store and everything was sitting out like in a store, but instead of picking things up to take to the checkout, you got a card for each thing you wanted. Then you took the cards to this window and they would enter them and then your items would come out on a conveyor belt several minutes later and you paid for them. It was sort of like a baggage claim at an airport. They had a big catalogue, so you pretty much knew what you were going to get before you got there and their prices were really cheap.
I remember a store named Consumers that was similar to that.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

HighNDry wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:44 pm

I remember a store named Consumers that was similar to that.
Consumers Distributing! Holy fuck, that's a blast from the past!
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Zerobeat
Forum God

Post by Zerobeat »

We had Service Merchandise up here, in NW Ohio. They were like you remembered. There was another, similar store called Best, don't think they made it into the '90's.