Re: Post nothing for good reason (NSFW)

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:11 am Well, then this will really blow your mind... Glen Campbell played guitar on that song.
Campbell was a member of "The Wrecking Crew" during the 60's, even after he gained his own popularity. This group played behind a lot of groups as "ghost players", musicians who played the instruments for other bands, like The Byrds and The Monkees, but even including Sonny and Cher and Frank Sinatra. They were the go-to group when a producer needed a recording done well and quickly, they were all seasoned musicians who normally got it right the first time, cutting production costs. Leon Russel was also part of this group.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:46 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:11 am Well, then this will really blow your mind... Glen Campbell played guitar on that song.
Campbell was a member of "The Wrecking Crew" during the 60's, even after he gained his own popularity. This group played behind a lot of groups as "ghost players", musicians who played the instruments for other bands, like The Byrds and The Monkees, but even including Sonny and Cher and Frank Sinatra. They were the go-to group when a producer needed a recording done well and quickly, they were all seasoned musicians who normally got it right the first time, cutting production costs. Leon Russel was also part of this group.
You know your stuff. :D
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Very cool
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:20 am
That sub is gold

jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

I saw a show about the wrecking crew I think on PBS. They said Sinatra really didn't want to be around Campbell because he thought campbell was gay. There was more to it in the show,but in a "nutshell" that pretty much sums up what Sinatra thought of him. My mom used to say "Glen Campbell had such a promising career,but after his fling with Tanya Tucker he really went to hell".
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
BigChiefin
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by BigChiefin »

That sub is gold

[/quote]

Thanks for that. Just lost an hour of my life in that sub. More addictive than people of Walmart back in the day. :lol:
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Geist wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:22 pm That sub is gold
Yeah it is.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Thats quite the rack shes got hanging there.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

What if it was one guy with six guns?
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:44 am
Little flinching there at the end. Not that I blame him.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

that's really not one of those filming episodes that you get to practice. what in the fuck was that guy thinking?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:36 am that's really not one of those filming episodes that you get to practice. what in the fuck was that guy thinking?
"Here, hold my beer. I've got to film this".
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Animal wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:36 am that's really not one of those filming episodes that you get to practice. what in the fuck was that guy thinking?
>9 brits and 1 American on a guided tour of the Tian Shan mountains in Kyrgyzstan. We’d just reached the highest point in the trek and I separated from the group to take pictures on top of a hill/ cliff edge. While I was taking pictures I heard the sound of deep ice cracking behind me. This is where the video starts. As I was there for a few minutes already, I knew there was a spot right next to me to shelter. I was on a cliff edge, so the only place to run was towards the avalanche and away from the shelter next to me (hence why I don’t move). Yes I left it to the last second to move, and yes I know it would have been safer moving to the shelter straight away. I’m very aware that I took a huge risk. When the snow started coming over and it got dark/ harder to breath, I did think for a second that might die.

Once it was over, the adrenaline rush hit me. I knew the rest of the group was further away from the avalanche so should be okay. When I rejoined them I could see they were all safe, although one had cut her knee quite badly and rode one of the horses to the nearest medical facility. Another had fallen off a horse and sustained some heavy bruising.

The whole group was laughing and crying, happy to be alive (including the girl who cut her knee). It was only later we realised just how lucky we’d been. If we have walked 5 minutes further on our trek, we would all be dead. The path we were suppose to take was completely covered by the landslide/ avalanche. Massive chunks of ice the size of cars had been spread further than we could have run, even if we acted immediately.

Harry Shimmin
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Geist wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:42 am
>9 brits and 1 American on a guided tour of the Tian Shan mountains in Kyrgyzstan. We’d just reached the highest point in the trek and I separated from the group to take pictures on top of a hill/ cliff edge. While I was taking pictures I heard the sound of deep ice cracking behind me. This is where the video starts. As I was there for a few minutes already, I knew there was a spot right next to me to shelter. I was on a cliff edge, so the only place to run was towards the avalanche and away from the shelter next to me (hence why I don’t move). Yes I left it to the last second to move, and yes I know it would have been safer moving to the shelter straight away. I’m very aware that I took a huge risk. When the snow started coming over and it got dark/ harder to breath, I did think for a second that might die.

Once it was over, the adrenaline rush hit me. I knew the rest of the group was further away from the avalanche so should be okay. When I rejoined them I could see they were all safe, although one had cut her knee quite badly and rode one of the horses to the nearest medical facility. Another had fallen off a horse and sustained some heavy bruising.

The whole group was laughing and crying, happy to be alive (including the girl who cut her knee). It was only later we realised just how lucky we’d been. If we have walked 5 minutes further on our trek, we would all be dead. The path we were suppose to take was completely covered by the landslide/ avalanche. Massive chunks of ice the size of cars had been spread further than we could have run, even if we acted immediately.

Harry Shimmin
Wow. Thank you for posting that.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

Antknot wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:13 pm Image
Damn. :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

:lol:
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

And yet most of the guys here don't like soccer....