Re: Post nothing for good reason (NSFW)

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:14 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:43 pm Cheezy nailed it and both Bombed as a result. Prove him wrong. We will be waiting.
Indiana Jones and Lightyear bombed because they were just bad movies. Like, really bad movies. Indiana Jones should never have even been made. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking!
Sometimes studios make bad movies. It happens.

That said, "The Little Mermaid" was the 7th highest grossing movie of 2023. It made $600 million.
And they made the mermaid a black chick.
And how about straight to streaming Peter Pan and its 11% score on Rotten Tomatoes? :lol:
Last edited by CHEEZY17 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:05 am can someone please link me to something that confirms the gender swapping they attempted with Indiana Jones and the test audiences?
Its not something Disney likes to talk about because the reaction was so intensely negative.
https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/1 ... x7yq4ybrku
"Rumors are swirling about Disney’s recent test-screenings of James Mangold’s “Indiana Jones 5.” Supposedly, a handful of different endings have been tested and audiences haven’t liked any of them. Furthermore, the rumors indicate that Disney is in a panic over the screenings and that they’re worried the movie will bomb.

One of the endings, which was said to be the least popular one, had Phoebe-Waller Bridge replacing Harrison Ford at the end of the movie. Presumably, this would set up the franchise for further sequels with Ford not returning. Another unpopular conclusion had Ford’s Indiana Jones dying.

The last thing Disney needs is another Indiana Jones movie bombing with audiences, especially after the major shrug that greeted “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”. I’m still holding out hope that this fifth installment will be a return to form, but, I won’t lie, I’m concerned.

Disney obviously wants to milk the Indiana Jones franchise, with even a rumored TV Series in the works, but you need a great movie for that to occur and, as it stands, the last worthy Indy move was released in the late ‘80s."
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

yeah, because celebrities like jane fonda and Cassius Clay weren't getting political back in the 60's.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:37 am yeah, because celebrities like jane fonda and Cassius Clay weren't getting political back in the 60's.
Are we back to thinking Disney's political adventures havent hurt their bottom line? If so, that would be incorrect as the company itself said so.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:37 am yeah, because celebrities like jane fonda and Cassius Clay weren't getting political back in the 60's.
You re talking about individuals. We are talking about whole industries. It's just pure stupidity that only ends when their bottom line starts taking major hits.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Boohoo, some celebs don't like you red hat wearing faggots. Get over it, loser. There is a cost to your stupidity.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:31 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:43 pm Cheezy nailed it and both Bombed as a result. Prove him wrong. We will be waiting.
Indiana Jones and Lightyear bombed because they were just bad movies. Like, really bad movies. Indiana Jones should never have even been made. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking!

That said, "The Little Mermaid" was the 7th highest grossing movie of 2023. It made $600 million.
And how about straight to streaming Peter Pan and its 11% score on Rotten Tomatoes? :lol:
How about the fact that Disney has been the highest-grossing movie studio for 7 out of the last 8 years? Disney movies made $4.83 Billion last year.

Oh, and "Peter Pan & Wendy" was always going to be a Disney+ streaming movie. It was never intended for theatrical release.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:46 am

How about the fact that Disney has been the highest-grossing movie studio for 7 out of the last 8 years? Disney movies made $4.83 Billion last year.

Oh, and "Peter Pan & Wendy" was always going to be a Disney+ streaming movie. It was never intended for theatrical release.
Doesnt change the fact that they still made multiple stinkers and underperformers. :lol:
And how much would Disney have made if they simply stuck to telling good stories and didnt push an agenda? Of course no one knows that answer but its logical to think it would have certainly been MORE. Thats not me saying that; Disney itself thinks so.
Look Rick, you can deny it all you want. The CEO and the company accountants themselves have said their activism and message pushing has hurt revenue and profits. CEO Bob Iger has publicly said they are going to tone down the activism and step back from political stuff.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Cheezy gets his Disney news from Qanon.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:21 pm

Doesnt change the fact that they still made multiple stinkers and underperformers. :lol:
And how much would Disney have made if they simply stuck to telling good stories and didnt push an agenda? Of course no one knows that answer but its logical to think it would have certainly been MORE. Thats not me saying that; Disney itself thinks so.
Look Rick, you can deny it all you want. The CEO and the company accountants themselves have said their activism and message pushing has hurt revenue and profits. CEO Bob Iger has publicly said they are going to tone down the activism and step back from political stuff.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

stonedmegman wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:05 am Image
Ugh, I hate sand, snow, and jungle movies.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

disco.moon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:43 pm Ugh, I hate sand, snow, and jungle movies.
So, you're not a big fan of the original Star Wars trilogy, huh?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:58 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:21 pm

I'd have to show you by brokerage statements.
Disney is a world class stock with basically unrivaled IP that has underperformed and is just now starting to get back on track. Unnecessary messaging and agenda pushing hurt shareholders. Profit and quality should be [should have been] Disney's focus; not pushing any sort of "message".
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:55 pm
disco.moon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:43 pm Ugh, I hate sand, snow, and jungle movies.
So, you're not a big fan of the original Star Wars trilogy, huh?
Not really, but I did love Return of the Jedi Cuz those damn Ewoks were so cute :wub:
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:41 pm

Cheezy gets his Disney news from Qanon.
*sigh*
Come on. You know thats not true. All you have to do is Google Disney bombs. The information is out there from multiple sources including Disney's own SEC filing. A sampling:

'The Marvels' box office bomb highlights Disney's film woes — which could take years to fix
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-marv ... 59335.html

‘Wish’ on Track To Be Disney’s Biggest Bomb of 2023
https://www.disneyfanatic.com/wish-on-t ... -2023-sw1/

Disney’s Strange World was biggest box office bomb of 2022 with loss of nearly $US200 million
Disney suffered the biggest box office bomb of 2022 with an eye-watering loss of nearly $300 million on this star-studded animated film.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/m ... 6fe5714184

Also, looks like race-swapped Captain America is STILL facing problems. Looks like another underperformer on the way! I'd lolz but as a shareholder this doesnt make me happy.
Captain America 4 Problems: Fans Sick Of Disney Politics
A test screening said to have been held where fans didn't like the politics, the bad acting and the lackluster action scenes.
https://cosmicbook.news/captain-america ... bad-acting
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i asked a pretty simple question. You said that the original Indiana Jones 5 movie was a gender swap. And they ran it by test audiences and it flopped so they had to do a total of 5 re-writes. I just asked for a link to something that backs that up.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:36 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:29 am What next. A 50+ Tom Cruise playing a Top Gun jet fighter instructor? Oh, wait.
we seem to be stuck in a time warp of remakes. there's lots of unique and new movies, but there is also a swamp of re-makes. tv is unwatchable with all of the remade game shows and 20+ seasonth of some reality show or talent show. this is not a political problem. its an entertainment production problem.
This is why streaming services' original movies and shows are so much better. (mostly)
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:18 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:29 am What next. A 50+ Tom Cruise playing a Top Gun jet fighter instructor? Oh, wait.
we seem to be stuck in a time warp of remakes. there's lots of unique and new movies, but there is also a swamp of re-makes. tv is unwatchable with all of the remade game shows and 20+ seasonth of some reality show or talent show. this is not a political problem. its an entertainment production problem.
This is why streaming services' original movies and shows are so much better. (mostly)
i have to agree with that. although i don't subscribe to any of those streaming services. I don't watch much tv though. I am sure the major networks blame streaming for their loss in viewers, not the shit product they are putting out anymore.

and it appears to me to be a problem that geometrically expands. Fewer viewers lead to lower ad revenue. Which leads to less money to produce content, which leads to shittier content which leads to fewer viewers................... and so you spin yourself down the drain.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:26 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:18 pm
i have to agree with that. although i don't subscribe to any of those streaming services. I don't watch much tv though. I am sure the major networks blame streaming for their loss in viewers, not the shit product they are putting out anymore.

and it appears to me to be a problem that geometrically expands. Fewer viewers lead to lower ad revenue. Which leads to less money to produce content, which leads to shittier content which leads to fewer viewers................... and so you spin yourself down the drain.
That is one of the reasons why I'm a BIG fan of British crime dramas. The Brits do crime drama better than anyone else... and it isn't even close!
They have that whole genre dialed in and locked in.

Americans like watching "Reacher" go around punching people. I'll go watch "Slow Horses" thank you very much.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:00 pm i asked a pretty simple question. You said that the original Indiana Jones 5 movie was a gender swap. And they ran it by test audiences and it flopped so they had to do a total of 5 re-writes. I just asked for a link to something that backs that up.
I gave you one right here.
Its not something Disney likes to talk about because the reaction was so intensely negative so its not like youre going to find official Disney literature on it. The various sources I've seen and watched have mentioned up to five reshoots. The number 5 isnt a hill I'm willing to die on though. Does "multiple" work better for you?
"Rumors are swirling about Disney’s recent test-screenings of James Mangold’s “Indiana Jones 5.” Supposedly, a handful of different endings have been tested and audiences haven’t liked any of them. Furthermore, the rumors indicate that Disney is in a panic over the screenings and that they’re worried the movie will bomb.

One of the endings, which was said to be the least popular one, had Phoebe-Waller Bridge replacing Harrison Ford at the end of the movie. Presumably, this would set up the franchise for further sequels with Ford not returning. Another unpopular conclusion had Ford’s Indiana Jones dying.

The last thing Disney needs is another Indiana Jones movie bombing with audiences, especially after the major shrug that greeted “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”. I’m still holding out hope that this fifth installment will be a return to form, but, I won’t lie, I’m concerned.

Disney obviously wants to milk the Indiana Jones franchise, with even a rumored TV Series in the works, but you need a great movie for that to occur and, as it stands, the last worthy Indy move was released in the late ‘80s."
--------------------------------------
The original ending was to swap Indiana Jones with the Waller-Bridge character to enable additional movies and/or series as the "Indiana Jones" character because the obviously aging Harrison Ford wont be able to anymore. With all of the race and gender swap stuff that Disney has done, do you really think this didnt happen?

The Critical Drinker review site mentions the numerous reshoots/rewrites here at the 5 minute mark but honestly there are references all over.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Geist wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:01 am Boohoo, some celebs don't like you red hat wearing faggots. Get over it, loser. There is a cost to your stupidity.
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:58 pm Image
:lol:
disco.moon
Simply Exhausting

Post by disco.moon »

Video
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:23 am
Animal wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:00 pm i asked a pretty simple question. You said that the original Indiana Jones 5 movie was a gender swap. And they ran it by test audiences and it flopped so they had to do a total of 5 re-writes. I just asked for a link to something that backs that up.
Its not something Disney likes to talk about because the reaction was so intensely negative so its not like youre going to find official Disney literature on it. The various sources I've seen and watched have mentioned up to five reshoots. The number 5 isnt a hill I'm willing to die on though. Does "multiple" work better for you?

The original ending was to swap Indiana Jones with the Waller-Bridge character to enable additional movies and/or series as the "Indiana Jones" character because the obviously aging Harrison Ford wont be able to anymore. With all of the race and gender swap stuff that Disney has done, do you really think this didnt happen?

The Critical Drinker review site mentions the numerous reshoots/rewrites here at the 5 minute mark but honestly there are references all over.
you jumped from that to "Gender swapping"? :lol:
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:59 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:23 am

you jumped from that to "Gender swapping"? :lol:
Well, yes because thats exactly what the quote I provided says; Waller- Bridge replaces Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones at the end of the movie. I provided the Critical Drinker link because its a respected review site that mentions the numerous reshoots and rewrites. Do you think the test screenings leaks are fake? The gender swap thankfully didnt happen because the test screenings were so bad. As bad as the movie turned out to be imagine how bad the test screenings that failed were! :lol:
Heres another one of many places you could find the swapping and rewrites mentioned. The Indy stuff starts about 4 minutes in.