Gillette Commercial?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Gillette Commercial?

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Anyone seen the new Gillette commercial? Kind of offensive. White Man Bad, Black Man Good.

Someone made the point that 43% of men are raised by single moms, and most of a child's teachers are women. So fuck you.

I believe that, rather than risking their brand for a genuine principle, it's just a cynical ploy, that they believe the net plus (no such thing as bad publicity), outweighs the minus. "We need to start a conversation..."

We should release a Position Paper.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Re: Gillette Commercial?

Post by Stapes »

Down the hall. Come visit. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94
I blame Biker.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

People call me cuntface there.

I’m not butthurt about it, I just think it’s a cynical ploy. No: I’m certain it’s a cynical ploy, to get us talking about Gillette. As a conservative/moderate, I just notice the themes, afa good/bad.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

What I’m saying is, I don’t want a lecture about what it means to be male from my razor company, and I don’t want to have a conversation about race at Starbucks.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

cuntface
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

captquint wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:47 pmcuntface
That was a layup. 😄
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

If any snowflakes are going to throw out their Mach3 blades you can send them my way. At $45 for a pack of 8 it would really help out. :wavingblue:
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

megman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:33 pm If any snowflakes are going to throw out their Mach3 blades you can send them my way. At $45 for a pack of 8 it would really help out. :wavingblue:
Way cheaper on ebay
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

captquint wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:44 pm
megman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:33 pm If any snowflakes are going to throw out their Mach3 blades you can send them my way. At $45 for a pack of 8 it would really help out. :wavingblue:
Way cheaper on ebay
Ya, if I can time my last blade running out to when the long boat from China gets in........
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

megman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:46 pm
Way cheaper on ebay
Ya, if I can time my last blade running out to when the long boat from China gets in........
Mine shipped from New Jersey, you will need them sooner or later
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

captquint wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 pm
Way cheaper on ebay
Later. Like Spring. Hit -30C here a couple days ago. A little extra fur on the face helps.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

megman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:50 pm
captquint wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 pm
Way cheaper on ebay
Later. Like Spring. Hit -30C here a couple days ago. A little extra fur on the face helps.
-10C here
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Stapes wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:01 pm Down the hall. Come visit. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94
Dude, I just posted on your thread. and it's not there. Disappeared.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

How often do you guys shave? I've gone from every day, to every other, to every 3rd or 4th. And I never did replace my blades very often. 4 blade Gillette model.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:37 pm How often do you guys shave? I've gone from every day, to every other, to every 3rd or 4th. And I never did replace my blades very often. 4 blade Gillette model.
Everyday, but just around the beard, I replace the blade every 2 weeks. Gillette Fusion
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Don't give a damn about their advertising, don't need to have the conversation with myself. I shave around the beard every so often and next set of blades I get are going to be the cheapo bastards that last a well under normal use.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Nero
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Nero »

I've been using Dorco for the last 5 or 6 years. They are the supplier behind Dollar Shave Club. So much cheaper going directly to them. Plus a lot of the times you can find coupon codes for 30-50% off. Really good quality.

https://www.dorcousa.com/
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

Nero wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:09 am I've been using Dorco for the last 5 or 6 years. They are the supplier behind Dollar Shave Club. So much cheaper going directly to them. Plus a lot of the times you can find coupon codes for 30-50% off. Really good quality.

https://www.dorcousa.com/
Agreed. I used to be a faithful Mach3 guy, but the price was killing me. Gave Dorco a try a few years ago and really liked them. Usually stock up when they are having a BOGO sale.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Proctor&Gamble

Good luck boycotting all their shit.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

I use Harry's shave club. I change the blade every week because they are so cheap. I tried to get at least 2 weeks out of Gillette Mach 3 years ago, and by then they were junk. If I run out, I use the wife's pussy razor and end up with knicks all over my face. Smooth pussy = tissue paper on my face. Not the worse trade off.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

When I was corporate management flunky I shaved everyday or every other day. Now that I make the rules I shave once a week or so. Not for any reason in particular other than I look pretty god damn awesome with a few days worth of stubble. :biggrin:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."