My dog is making black poops.

The forum for all things New Jersey! Maybe for those in Iraan TX. And boobs.
User avatar
VinceBordenIII
Is Actually VinceBordenJr
Posts: 2703
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 pm

My dog is making black poops.

#1

Post by VinceBordenIII » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:03 pm

They're usually medium brown. Now they're black and hard. Also he seems to be under the weather. Was eating grass a couple of days ago.
Final act?

User avatar
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen
Posts: 3380
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Location: On a rock

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#2

Post by Wut » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:06 pm

May be bleeding internally, he needs to go to the vet
wut?

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 3187
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Halfway between the Equator and the North Pole

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#3

Post by megman » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:08 pm

Wut wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:06 pm
May be bleeding internally, he needs to go to the vet
This^^^^
It's a sign of digested blood.
I PICKED THE WRONG DAY TO SEIZE

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed him back in HS
Posts: 4547
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#4

Post by Reservoir Dog » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:10 pm

Wut wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:06 pm
May be bleeding internally, he needs to go to the vet
^^^
This
Internal bleeding. Get him to a vet.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5806
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#5

Post by WestTexasCrude » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:14 pm

So, with these totally interesting threads VB churns out every day for weeks on end, can I assume tomorrow's will be about drooping leaves on his plants because he forgot to water. "hillbilly".
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
VinceBordenIII
Is Actually VinceBordenJr
Posts: 2703
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#6

Post by VinceBordenIII » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:19 pm

Don't make me run you.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5806
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#7

Post by WestTexasCrude » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:21 pm

VinceBordenIII wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:19 pm
Don't make me run you.
Hey, RD is just trying to help. Seriously, I hope your dog is OK.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed him back in HS
Posts: 4547
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#8

Post by Reservoir Dog » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:14 pm
So, with these totally interesting threads VB churns out every day for weeks on end, can I assume tomorrow's will be about drooping leaves on his plants because he forgot to water. "hillbilly".
STFU.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5806
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#9

Post by WestTexasCrude » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:50 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:14 pm
So, with these totally interesting threads VB churns out every day for weeks on end, can I assume tomorrow's will be about drooping leaves on his plants because he forgot to water. "hillbilly".
STFU.
Take your typical "Friday Anal Butthurt" some place else. We are trying to have fun. I know it's foreign.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
VinceBordenIII
Is Actually VinceBordenJr
Posts: 2703
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#10

Post by VinceBordenIII » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:49 am

Biker wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:20 pm
How old is he?
He’s 13; reached his expiration date. I love him to death, but I’m afraid it’s curtains.
We’re taking him to the vet tomorrow. He’s better right now, but has been going downhill generally. Confused, almost deaf.
Hate to sound like a jerk, but I live in an area where vets try to run up multi thousand dollar bills on pets. I take him to South Carolina if I need something serious, because I can just be straight with them and they “get” it down there. Not an option in this case.
So, probably blood work, then we’ll see what’s next.

User avatar
VinceBordenIII
Is Actually VinceBordenJr
Posts: 2703
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#11

Post by VinceBordenIII » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:55 am

For example, I wanted a growth on his knee cut off a couple of years ago. These vets wanted like 3000 dollars, blood work, anesthetist, heart specialist because of a murmur... no option, either.

I went to SC, said I want this cut off and sewn up, don’t care if it’s cancer because old dog, and they said OK. Gave him something to put him to sleep and did it. Not Chicago Hope.
Oh, and no murmur.

FreakShowFanatic
Kim Noble With Nuts, think about it.
Posts: 5582
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#12

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:07 am

VinceBordenIII wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:55 am
For example, I wanted a growth on his knee cut off a couple of years ago. These vets wanted like 3000 dollars, blood work, anesthetist, heart specialist because of a murmur... no option, either.

I went to SC, said I want this cut off and sewn up, don’t care if it’s cancer because old dog, and they said OK. Gave him something to put him to sleep and did it. Not Chicago Hope.
Oh, and no murmur.
Could you clarify please? What is SC, South Carolina? Are you going to get your dog checked out? I agree dogs can be expensive and you can't necessarily afford procedures that a vet might propose.

User avatar
Cassandros
Hamsterphile
Posts: 818
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:38 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#13

Post by Cassandros » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:16 am

It interesting how much pet care cost have risen since the advent of pet health insurance.

Of course, the same is true for human care.

Sorry to hear about your puppy, if it is his time to go I hope it is peaceful and pain free.

User avatar
Smok44
Loves him some FSF & WTC
Posts: 2173
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:29 am

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#14

Post by Smok44 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:19 am

Invite Mrs. FSF over. Poop gone, free dinner for the FSF family
Allen is a wrench

FreakShowFanatic
Kim Noble With Nuts, think about it.
Posts: 5582
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#15

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:37 am

Smok44 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:19 am
Invite Mrs. FSF over. Poop gone, free dinner for the FSF family
You remind me that there are some miserable fucking losers that exist on this planet. Thanks for being you. I'm gonna go make some love with my gorgeous significant other now so good luck being a cunt and doing everything in your power to fuck things up, like this board. I'm sure your mom is proud of you.

8-)

User avatar
Smok44
Loves him some FSF & WTC
Posts: 2173
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:29 am

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#16

Post by Smok44 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:39 am

FreakShowFanatic wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:37 am
Smok44 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:19 am
Invite Mrs. FSF over. Poop gone, free dinner for the FSF family
You remind me that there are some miserable fucking losers that exist on this planet. Thanks for being you. I'm gonna go make some love with my gorgeous significant other now so good luck being a cunt and doing everything in your power to fuck things up, like this board. I'm sure your mom is proud of you.

8-)
How was dinner? Do you have a full belly of shit? Does it match your brain now?
Allen is a wrench

User avatar
VinceBordenIII
Is Actually VinceBordenJr
Posts: 2703
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#17

Post by VinceBordenIII » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:44 am

FreakShowFanatic wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:07 am
VinceBordenIII wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:55 am
For example, I wanted a growth on his knee cut off a couple of years ago. These vets wanted like 3000 dollars, blood work, anesthetist, heart specialist because of a murmur... no option, either.

I went to SC, said I want this cut off and sewn up, don’t care if it’s cancer because old dog, and they said OK. Gave him something to put him to sleep and did it. Not Chicago Hope.
Oh, and no murmur.
Could you clarify please? What is SC, South Carolina? Are you going to get your dog checked out? I agree dogs can be expensive and you can't necessarily afford procedures that a vet might propose.
Yes, South Carolina. It’s a matter of reason. Expensive procedures and cancer checks on an old dog you aren’t going to treat for cancer are illogical. Now, if they want to give him some pain meds, I’m all for that. Let him get high, by all means.
In this case, of course we’ll find out if it’s cancer, bless his heart. But no treatment.

User avatar
AnalHamster
Gives Head Moderator
Posts: 4509
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:46 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#18

Post by AnalHamster » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:48 pm

If it's the same as people then black poop indicates a much more expensive problem than red poop. Good luck to the old fella.

I don't think it's kind to put a pet through major treatments late in life. People do it because they understand there's a reason that makes suffering worthwhile, like a chance of recovery or at least some decent quality of life time afterwards. All a dog or cat knows is they're having a shitty time right now. Better to give them the best life you can while you can and ease them out when you can't anymore.

User avatar
VinceBordenIII
Is Actually VinceBordenJr
Posts: 2703
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#19

Post by VinceBordenIII » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:29 pm

Update.
We didn’t take him to the vet, as he started to recover the next day.
After a couple of bad days, he has pretty much recovered. His poops are soft and brown, but not yet regular. He’s eating and drinking, following us around, regular dog stuff.
Don’t know what happened. Possibly a bleeding cancerous tumor in his stomach. If so, it will happen again. At that point, we’ll know. As I said, no treatment, so it makes no difference to know, as long as he is happy and pain free.

User avatar
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover
Posts: 1195
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#20

Post by PimpDaddy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:52 pm

Pot edibles in his doggie treats. He is old, let him enjoy.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed him back in HS
Posts: 4547
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#21

Post by Reservoir Dog » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:00 pm

PimpDaddy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:52 pm
Pot edibles in his doggie treats. He is old, let him enjoy.
My brother did that with his old husky. Worked pretty well. That dog died in a really good mood.

User avatar
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover
Posts: 1195
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#22

Post by PimpDaddy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:32 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:00 pm
PimpDaddy wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:52 pm
Pot edibles in his doggie treats. He is old, let him enjoy.
My brother did that with his old husky. Worked pretty well. That dog died in a really good mood.
Similar to my brother in law. He didn't die in a good mood, but instead of sleeping for 1-2 hours a night, stressing about being sick, his family, his finances, etc., he got 6-8 hours, which made his quality of life a little better. For the price of a pot gummy bear. I have no respect for potheads, but after seeing it in real life, I absolutely see the potential benefit.

User avatar
QillerDaemon
Nobody, really.
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:35 pm
Location: Beautiful downtown OrloVista FL
Interests: Playing Skyrim and picking my nose
Occupation: Router/Switch Jockey.

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#23

Post by QillerDaemon » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:46 pm

VinceBordenIII wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:03 pm
They're usually medium brown. Now they're black and hard. Also he seems to be under the weather. Was eating grass a couple of days ago.
Final act?
Black stools are often an indication of bleeding in the small intestine, often the upper to middle portion. Not good, but if it's only found for a day, then the stool color turns back to normal, you should keep an eye on his poop for a week or so to see if it returns. Might want to have your dog's stool checked for parasites.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed him back in HS
Posts: 4547
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#24

Post by Reservoir Dog » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:00 pm

This may sound like a bit of a weird question... but is there any chance that your dog got into a bottle of Pepto Bismol? Or did you give your dog Pepto Bismol?
That stuff will turn your shit black in a heartbeat.

Antknot
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 2046
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: My dog is making black poops.

#25

Post by Antknot » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:07 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:00 pm
This may sound like a bit of a weird question... but is there any chance that your dog got into a bottle of Pepto Bismol? Or did you give your dog Pepto Bismol?
That stuff will turn your shit black in a heartbeat.
Pepto in humans is a dull black, digested blood a shiny black.
Blame Hollywood. That's what I do, and it's no less useful than blaming someone with an actual conscience.

Post Reply