Who here is absent minded?

User avatar
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Posts: 736
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:45 pm
Location: SE Cheeseheadistan

Who here is absent minded?

#1

Post by Blast » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:26 pm

I am admittedly extremely distractable and forgetful. I don't lock my car often because of the number of times I've left the keys in the ignition, and I often have to turn around to get shit that I have forgotten. At the office it takes three attempts for me to get out the door to make customer visits or pickup told from the store. Yes it's my ADD, but now I've gotten the attorney so distracted when I'm around her or she's on the phone with me that she has now, twice in the last week, misplaced her keys. Claims she never was like that before me. Anyway I've pumped enough loads into into her that I guess I'm curious as to whether ADD can be sexually transmitted at this point. What's my point here? Uhhhh, damnit. Ohh hey Down with the Sickness just came on, sweet.
Anything new in the boobs thread?
You're making these insults too easy.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 2628
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#2

Post by Reservoir Dog » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Whenever Mrs. RD leaves the house I start a silent countdown in my head because I KNOW she's coming back for something. And she does almost every time! :lol:
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:54 am
You will never be allowed ever in UJR going forward to ever host any Sporting season long contest.

User avatar
QillerDaemon
Nobody, really.
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:35 pm
Location: Beautiful downtown OrloVista FL

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#3

Post by QillerDaemon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:48 pm

I've always been a bit forgetful, and I'm terrible at remembering names. But it does seem to be getting worse lately. I'm 58 now, and I really have to get myself into a known routine not to leave half my shit behind in getting to work or while at work.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.

Smok44
Forum God
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:29 am

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#4

Post by Smok44 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Um, what was the question again?
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:11 pm
But after years of abuse, Smoke44 will never ever be allowed around here in any troll form ever and I don't care what any Mods/ Admins says. it's my one demand.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 2628
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#5

Post by Reservoir Dog » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:06 pm

QillerDaemon wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:48 pm
I'm terrible at remembering names.
I hear ya, brother. I've been like that my entire life.
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:54 am
You will never be allowed ever in UJR going forward to ever host any Sporting season long contest.

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Haliburton Highlands

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#6

Post by megman » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:14 pm

I suck at names and languages. I rock with numbers and sciences.

Everybody has their niche.
The Earth is the insane asylum for the Universe

User avatar
JCW
Forum God
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:57 am

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#7

Post by JCW » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:40 pm

I'm kinda the opposite. I have clients who message me asking if I remember where something is in THEIR house, that always makes me laugh. I'm curious if that will change as I age.
200 degrees, that's why they call me Mr. Farenheit...

User avatar
FreakShowFanatic
You Should Really Step Away From the Keyboard Now!
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#8

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:23 pm

Keep your wallet, with relevant things like your license, credit cards, ATM card etc. in your front pocket. Always pat it to make sure it's still there, even when you sleep at night. Put your car keys in your other front pocket always. My point is that if you're absent minded or tend to lose things easily there are precautionary steps you can take to prevent that.

User avatar
JCW
Forum God
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:57 am

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#9

Post by JCW » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:34 pm

Sleeping with your keys in your pocket sounds awful. Why not just put them on a shelf by the door or something?
200 degrees, that's why they call me Mr. Farenheit...

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weaponized Dumbfuckery
Posts: 2919
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#10

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:35 pm

I'm the opposite of OP. Maybe guilty occasionally of forgetting names, etc but always have all the details in focus everyday/ week before I set out on the day's journey. Maybe it's because I live in a secluded area that is not forgiving of forgetfulness. No stores around the corner to bail you out.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Haliburton Highlands

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#11

Post by megman » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:39 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:35 pm
I'm the opposite of OP. Maybe guilty occasionally of forgetting names, etc but always have all the details in focus everyday/ week before I set out on the day's journey. Maybe it's because I live in a secluded area that is not forgiving of forgetfulness. No stores around the corner to bail you out.
I don't care who you are, but that right there is funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Earth is the insane asylum for the Universe

User avatar
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:20 pm
Location: Stirring the mashtun

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#12

Post by Homebrew » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:42 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:39 pm
Whenever Mrs. RD leaves the house I start a silent countdown in my head because I KNOW she's coming back for something. And she does almost every time! :lol:
Exact same with Mrs. Brew, drives me nuts. Loading up for any kind of vacation trip is just a cluster fuck that usually ends with her sitting in the car while I find whatever she forgot "this time".
Hey fuckass, get me a beer.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weaponized Dumbfuckery
Posts: 2919
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#13

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 pm

megman wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:39 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:35 pm
I'm the opposite of OP. Maybe guilty occasionally of forgetting names, etc but always have all the details in focus everyday/ week before I set out on the day's journey. Maybe it's because I live in a secluded area that is not forgiving of forgetfulness. No stores around the corner to bail you out.
I don't care who you are, but that right there is funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nah, actually it makes perfect sense around here. I'm descended from families that lived on the frontiers. 100+ years ago, they would spend days to take their wagons to the nearest large towns to load up on supplies for the next few months. Everything would be calculated to the nth degree. Nothing could be overlooked . No going back for something you forgot. Wired DNA, I think.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 2628
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#14

Post by Reservoir Dog » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:59 pm

Homebrew wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:42 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:39 pm
Whenever Mrs. RD leaves the house I start a silent countdown in my head because I KNOW she's coming back for something. And she does almost every time! :lol:
Exact same with Mrs. Brew, drives me nuts. Loading up for any kind of vacation trip is just a cluster fuck that usually ends with her sitting in the car while I find whatever she forgot "this time".
I bought the wifey a new car three years ago and I went out of my way to make sure it was a car that wouldn't allow the doors to lock if the keys were still in the ignition.
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:54 am
You will never be allowed ever in UJR going forward to ever host any Sporting season long contest.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 2628
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#15

Post by Reservoir Dog » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:03 pm

megman wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:39 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:35 pm
I'm the opposite of OP. Maybe guilty occasionally of forgetting names, etc but always have all the details in focus everyday/ week before I set out on the day's journey. Maybe it's because I live in a secluded area that is not forgiving of forgetfulness. No stores around the corner to bail you out.
I don't care who you are, but that right there is funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But he can't remember what he said in a post he put up the day before. :lol:
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:54 am
You will never be allowed ever in UJR going forward to ever host any Sporting season long contest.

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 2166
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#16

Post by Flumper » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:20 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 pm

Nah, actually it makes perfect sense around here. I'm descended from families that lived on the frontiers. 100+ years ago, they would spend days to take their wagons to the nearest large towns to load up on supplies for the next few months. Everything would be calculated to the nth degree. Nothing could be overlooked . No going back for something you forgot. Wired DNA, I think.
I never really thought about it, but I'm the same way. And the older I get the better I am at organizing and never forgetting anything. My parents were like that. They both grew up on farms and very poor. And where I grew up we lived out in the country. So, going to the store for something was a planned out trip, so to speak. That could be where I get it.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weaponized Dumbfuckery
Posts: 2919
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#17

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:37 pm

Flumper wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:20 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 pm

Nah, actually it makes perfect sense around here. I'm descended from families that lived on the frontiers. 100+ years ago, they would spend days to take their wagons to the nearest large towns to load up on supplies for the next few months. Everything would be calculated to the nth degree. Nothing could be overlooked . No going back for something you forgot. Wired DNA, I think.
I never really thought about it, but I'm the same way. And the older I get the better I am at organizing and never forgetting anything. My parents were like that. They both grew up on farms and very poor. And where I grew up we lived out in the country. So, going to the store for something was a planned out trip, so to speak. That could be where I get it.
Pretty sure that's why it's wired. I guess if you miscalculated the amount of say flour you needed for the next 3 months, you could compensate with other things, but some things forgotten could be life or death. No drug store around the corner.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 2628
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#18

Post by Reservoir Dog » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:46 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:35 pm
I'm the opposite of OP. Maybe guilty occasionally of forgetting names, etc but always have all the details in focus everyday/ week before I set out on the day's journey. Maybe it's because I live in a secluded area that is not forgiving of forgetfulness. No stores around the corner to bail you out.
Hey, remember that story you told us about forgetting to pick up your Dad's six-pack half an hour after he asked you to and you got asked for ID?
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:54 am
You will never be allowed ever in UJR going forward to ever host any Sporting season long contest.

User avatar
s.murph
Forum Irregular
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:01 pm
Location: The Happiest Place on Earth?

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#19

Post by s.murph » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:22 am

JCW wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:34 pm
Sleeping with your keys in your pocket sounds awful. Why not just put them on a shelf by the door or something?
Who the hell sleeps with pockets???..unless you're passed out drunk?

Smok44
Forum God
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:29 am

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#20

Post by Smok44 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:27 am

s.murph wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:22 am
JCW wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:34 pm
Sleeping with your keys in your pocket sounds awful. Why not just put them on a shelf by the door or something?
Who the hell sleeps with pockets???..unless you're passed out drunk?
Definitely not you, you're cold and 6 feet under. You couldn't reach for your pocket it we hit you with 220 volts
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:11 pm
But after years of abuse, Smoke44 will never ever be allowed around here in any troll form ever and I don't care what any Mods/ Admins says. it's my one demand.

User avatar
FreakShowFanatic
You Should Really Step Away From the Keyboard Now!
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#21

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:42 am

s.murph wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:22 am
JCW wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:34 pm
Sleeping with your keys in your pocket sounds awful. Why not just put them on a shelf by the door or something?
Who the hell sleeps with pockets???..unless you're passed out drunk?
I have about 10 pairs of fluffy cotton sweatpants that I like to sleep in and they have pockets.

User avatar
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Posts: 736
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:45 pm
Location: SE Cheeseheadistan

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#22

Post by Blast » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:54 pm

FreakShowFanatic wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:42 am
s.murph wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:22 am
JCW wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:34 pm
Sleeping with your keys in your pocket sounds awful. Why not just put them on a shelf by the door or something?
Who the hell sleeps with pockets???..unless you're passed out drunk?
I have about 10 pairs of fluffy cotton sweatpants that I like to sleep in and they have pockets.
How do you sleep with 10 pairs of fluffy sweatpants on at once and which pair has your keys in them?
You're making these insults too easy.

User avatar
FSchmertz
Cant Stop Watching His Avatar
Posts: 891
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37 am

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#23

Post by FSchmertz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:03 pm

I've finally figured out that, if I don't remember doing something, I probably didn't do it.

Today it was the office alarm that I didn't remember turning on. :oops:

P.S. Fortunately, there's still some stuff here.

User avatar
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Posts: 736
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:45 pm
Location: SE Cheeseheadistan

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#24

Post by Blast » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:08 pm

FSchmertz wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:03 pm
I've finally figured out that, if I don't remember doing something, I probably didn't do it.

Today it was the office alarm that I didn't remember turning on. :oops:

P.S. Fortunately, there's still some stuff here.
I left a damn garage door open for the weekend a couple months back. Probably how we got a squirrel in the office.
You're making these insults too easy.

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 1370
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Haliburton Highlands

Re: Who here is absent minded?

#25

Post by megman » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:14 pm

FSchmertz wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:03 pm
I've finally figured out that, if I don't remember doing something, I probably didn't do it.

Today it was the office alarm that I didn't remember turning on. :oops:

P.S. Fortunately, there's still some stuff here.
I have a shirt that says "If I don't remember it didn't happen." :lol:
The Earth is the insane asylum for the Universe

Post Reply