Probiotics

Post Reply
User avatar
VinceBordenIII
Is Actually VinceBordenJr
Posts: 2190
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Probiotics

#1

Post by VinceBordenIII » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:47 pm

Anyone else using probiotics?

Many years ago, I had a terrible bout of IBS. Eventually, it went away, but I've had a couple of returns, most recently, a few weeks ago.
I associated it with airline travel (gas bloating), but there's more to it than that.

Then I read about gut bacteria, and how sometimes some strains of it can die off. Speculation was that it was caused by antibiotics.
I thought back to my outbreaks, and realized that there was a time correlation, whether it was causal, or not.

Anyway, I've started probiotics, and am waiting to see the outcome. Already I'm not having reflux.

User avatar
QillerDaemon
Nobody, really.
Posts: 691
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:35 pm
Location: Beautiful downtown OrloVista FL

Re: Probiotics

#2

Post by QillerDaemon » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:51 pm

My wife does, seems to make her more regular. And with greater bulk. I know you wanted to know that.

What works for her doesn't work for me. I take them and get all plugged up.
And horridly gassy, something I am naturally. So I don't need the help.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.

User avatar
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Posts: 810
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:45 pm
Location: SE Cheeseheadistan

Re: Probiotics

#3

Post by Blast » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:56 pm

VinceBordenIII wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:47 pm
Anyone else using probiotics?

Many years ago, I had a terrible bout of IBS. Eventually, it went away, but I've had a couple of returns, most recently, a few weeks ago.
I associated it with airline travel (gas bloating), but there's more to it than that.

Then I read about gut bacteria, and how sometimes some strains of it can die off. Speculation was that it was caused by antibiotics.
I thought back to my outbreaks, and realized that there was a time correlation, whether it was causal, or not.

Anyway, I've started probiotics, and am waiting to see the outcome. Already I'm not having reflux.
Well shit. I've heard about that crap, but hadn't had time to really digest what all it means. I know it could be hard to swallow for some people, that single cell organisms can impact so much of our health but they have had increasing cases of auto brewery disorder, or whatever they call it, where yeast take over the primary digestive duties and ferment all the carbs that people take in.
You're making these insults too easy.

User avatar
VinceBordenIII
Is Actually VinceBordenJr
Posts: 2190
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Re: Probiotics

#4

Post by VinceBordenIII » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:00 pm

I had never heard of ABD before :lol:

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Haliburton Highlands

Re: Probiotics

#5

Post by megman » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:20 pm

I remember reading about a case of Auto-brewery syndrome about 30 years ago. Was an Asian fellow who never drank in his life but was constantly drunk. :lol:

Some days I wish I had it.....
The Earth is the insane asylum for the Universe

User avatar
CHEEZY17
Loves Him Some Ass
Posts: 2460
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:25 pm

Re: Probiotics

#6

Post by CHEEZY17 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:46 pm

No joke, you can now have a healthy persons shit surgically added to your digestive system to give your body the added good bacteria it needs for proper digestion. Not sure if this approved just yet but I know I read about it awhile back.
“The trouble with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people’s money.”

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Haliburton Highlands

Re: Probiotics

#7

Post by megman » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:58 pm

CHEEZY17 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:46 pm
No joke, you can now have a healthy persons shit surgically added to your digestive system to give your body the added good bacteria it needs for proper digestion. Not sure if this approved just yet but I know I read about it awhile back.
And you can literally blow smoke up your ass: http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... smoke-ass/
The Earth is the insane asylum for the Universe

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker
Posts: 1549
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:49 am
Location: Almost as Nice as Bermuda

Re: Probiotics

#8

Post by Charliesheen » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:59 pm

This is the brave new world. The healthy gut has pounds of bacteria, helping out with vitamin synthesis, among other things. I suspect poop transfusions will become more and more common.

I haven't needed antibiotics in years. My alimentary canal is cast iron. But there was a viciously long-lasting bout of tourista from some fucked up lettuce whilst on Cuba. My buddy took pills and was made whole in a few days. I was loose for over two weeks upon my return, but fought it off.

User avatar
FreakShowFanatic
You Should Really Step Away From the Keyboard Now!
Posts: 1594
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Probiotics

#9

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:11 pm

Charliesheen wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:59 pm
This is the brave new world. The healthy gut has pounds of bacteria, helping out with vitamin synthesis, among other things. I suspect poop transfusions will become more and more common.

I haven't needed antibiotics in years. My alimentary canal is cast iron. But there was a viciously long-lasting bout of tourista from some fucked up lettuce whilst on Cuba. My buddy took pills and was made whole in a few days. I was loose for over two weeks upon my return, but fought it off.
I think you're very impressed with yourself but the reality is that you're full of shit. :lol:

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker
Posts: 1549
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:49 am
Location: Almost as Nice as Bermuda

Re: Probiotics

#10

Post by Charliesheen » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:28 pm

I am pretty impressed.

It's so nice being healthy I find myself bragging about it. Can't help it, I guess. And I appreciate you pointing that out.

User avatar
s.murph
Some Old Dead Fuck
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:01 pm
Location: The Happiest Place on Earth?

Re: Probiotics

#11

Post by s.murph » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:59 am

Watched Howard Stern last month telling Bill Maher that Metamucil changed his life, so there must be something to it. I do probiotics when I take antibiotics because the antibiotics also kill the good bacteria and give me the shits. :layrubber:

User avatar
BigRedRetard
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 738
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Re: Probiotics

#12

Post by BigRedRetard » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:12 pm

If I am on antibiotics I will take them.

User avatar
fouts
Forum Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:39 pm
Location: n.palm fla

Re: Probiotics

#13

Post by fouts » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:09 pm

I've heard antibiotics can have a down side like that,also heard sauerkraut can jump start digestion

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Haliburton Highlands

Re: Probiotics

#14

Post by megman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:10 pm

fouts wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:09 pm
I've heard antibiotics can have a down side like that,also heard sauerkraut can jump start digestion
And yogurt.
The Earth is the insane asylum for the Universe

User avatar
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Posts: 810
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:45 pm
Location: SE Cheeseheadistan

Re: Probiotics

#15

Post by Blast » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:06 pm

megman wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:10 pm
fouts wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:09 pm
I've heard antibiotics can have a down side like that,also heard sauerkraut can jump start digestion
And yogurt.
A lot of things that are fermented have the kind of bacteria you want from what I understand. That nasty ass kombucha is supposed to be great for you.
You're making these insults too easy.

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Haliburton Highlands

Re: Probiotics

#16

Post by megman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:17 pm

Blast wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:06 pm
megman wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:10 pm
fouts wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:09 pm
I've heard antibiotics can have a down side like that,also heard sauerkraut can jump start digestion
And yogurt.
A lot of things that are fermented have the kind of bacteria you want from what I understand. That nasty ass kombucha is supposed to be great for you.
Kombucha is great stuff. I also use cultured coconut milk.

Image
The Earth is the insane asylum for the Universe

User avatar
JCW
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:57 am

Re: Probiotics

#17

Post by JCW » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Blast wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:06 pm
megman wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:10 pm
fouts wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:09 pm
I've heard antibiotics can have a down side like that,also heard sauerkraut can jump start digestion
And yogurt.
A lot of things that are fermented have the kind of bacteria you want from what I understand. That nasty ass kombucha is supposed to be great for you.
I cant get over how kombucha looks while its brewing enough to ever actually try it. Barf.
FreakShowFanatic wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm
The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.

User avatar
allwhitemeat
Forum Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:03 pm

Re: Probiotics

#18

Post by allwhitemeat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:06 pm

s.murph wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:59 am
Watched Howard Stern last month telling Bill Maher that Metamucil changed his life, so there must be something to it. I do probiotics when I take antibiotics because the antibiotics also kill the good bacteria and give me the shits. :layrubber:
Metamucil is just a stool softener. not a probiotic. It draws water naturally in the colon so it rehydrates and softens old desiccated poop. I prefer a glass of Welch's Grape juice with added fiber. Has more fiber than prune juice, is easy to drink and has me pushing out shit meringue every morning. When I get really backed up I take a few capsuls of liquid magnesium. that will turn you into a chocolate soft serve ice cream machine, and it never ends. you may have to flush twice during the first crap session things start moving for fear of clogging the toilet.

some yogurt will give you all the healthy gut bacteria you need. activia brand or not. Just eat some live cultured yogurt once or twice a week. But Metamucil just helps keep your poop soft and malleable.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes"

User avatar
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Posts: 810
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:45 pm
Location: SE Cheeseheadistan

Re: Probiotics

#19

Post by Blast » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:58 pm

allwhitemeat wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:06 pm
s.murph wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:59 am
Watched Howard Stern last month telling Bill Maher that Metamucil changed his life, so there must be something to it. I do probiotics when I take antibiotics because the antibiotics also kill the good bacteria and give me the shits. :layrubber:
Metamucil is just a stool softener. not a probiotic. It draws water naturally in the colon so it rehydrates and softens old desiccated poop. I prefer a glass of Welch's Grape juice with added fiber. Has more fiber than prune juice, is easy to drink and has me pushing out shit meringue every morning. When I get really backed up I take a few capsuls of liquid magnesium. that will turn you into a chocolate soft serve ice cream machine, and it never ends. you may have to flush twice during the first crap session things start moving for fear of clogging the toilet.

some yogurt will give you all the healthy gut bacteria you need. activia brand or not. Just eat some live cultured yogurt once or twice a week. But Metamucil just helps keep your poop soft and malleable.
About 5 minutes after my morning coffee I'm destroying the customer bathroom, without fail
You're making these insults too easy.

User avatar
Geist
Has Smoother moves than Exlax
Posts: 613
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:10 am

Re: Probiotics

#20

Post by Geist » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:32 pm


User avatar
VinceBordenIII
Is Actually VinceBordenJr
Posts: 2190
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Re: Probiotics

#21

Post by VinceBordenIII » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:50 pm

I could not listen to that.

User avatar
s.murph
Some Old Dead Fuck
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:01 pm
Location: The Happiest Place on Earth?

Re: Probiotics

#22

Post by s.murph » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:48 pm

My physical therapist gave me a case of Ensure. That shit is crazier than X-Lax! Had to toss a few pair of drawers.

Post Reply