Pompeo: Iranians and Iraqis should view this US action as "giving them their freedom"

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Re: Pompeo: Iranians and Iraqis should view this US action as "giving them their freedom"

Post by DandyDon »

This should end well.

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Pompeo: Iranians and Iraqis should view this US action as "giving them their freedom"

Post by CaptQuint »

If Americans Die in the Escalating Iran Crisis, Remember That Mike Pompeo Called It ‘a Little Noise’

https://www.thenation.com/article/mike- ... ssination/

I blame Trump
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

So who trusts this administrations yet to be released (maybe?) report on injuries/causalities of the missile attack?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

DandyDon wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:41 am So who trusts this administrations yet to be released (maybe?) report on injuries/causalities of the missile attack?
Fake news, top officials said the assassination made Americans safer
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

CaptQuint wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:42 am
DandyDon wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:41 am So who trusts this administrations yet to be released (maybe?) report on injuries/causalities of the missile attack?
Or massive damage/injuries justifying immediate response with 20,000 more troops and many missile strikes. You cant change President in the middle of a war, right?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

DandyDon wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:17 am
CaptQuint wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:42 am
Or massive damage/injuries justifying immediate response with 20,000 more troops and many missile strikes. You cant change President in the middle of a war, right?
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Well gas just went up .20 a gal since I got off work, so we have that going for us.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

spudoc wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:23 am
Cassandros wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:22 pm Trump is doing what he is supposed to do; he is taking the existing policy of trashing the Constitution under bullshit claims of national security and doing what the last m&m did... but doing so in a little more extreme and overt manner.

Bush started a drone assassination program that was iffy at best, Obama took it and expanded it (even using it against a US citizen), and now Trump is pushing the envelope a little further by ignoring some of the protocols that were set up as an illusion of checks and balances.

The game has been rigged for a long ass time; and both parties are guilty.
You just can't bring yourself to singularly blame Trump for anything that he does. Be a man once in a while.
I blame those who deserve blame and Trump gets plenty, as he is the lead tool in dismantling the last vestiges of the US social contract.

But the reality is if we are to have any intellectual integrity we have to admit that both parties have paved the way for what is happening today, and both continue to enabling it in real-time. But, to paraphrase the late and great George Carlin, 'Americans have been bought off by gizmos and toys... we have it too well and no one wants to rock the boat.'

This is where I am different; while most people just pick a side, watch the circus, cheer for their team, hate on the other, and ultimately remain blind to what is happening outside the show --> I rock the boat.

...And boy do some people hate me for it.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

DandyDon wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:32 am Well gas just went up .20 a gal since I got off work, so we have that going for us.
Don't worry Saudi Arabia is gonna pay for it
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

BOTH SIDES :lol:
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Cassandros wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:34 am
Cassandros wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:22 pm Trump is doing what he is supposed to do; he is taking the existing policy of trashing the Constitution under bullshit claims of national security and doing what the last m&m did... but doing so in a little more extreme and overt manner.

Bush started a drone assassination program that was iffy at best, Obama took it and expanded it (even using it against a US citizen), and now Trump is pushing the envelope a little further by ignoring some of the protocols that were set up as an illusion of checks and balances.

You just can't bring yourself to singularly blame Trump for anything that he does. Be a man once in a while.
I blame those who deserve blame and Trump gets plenty, as he is the lead tool in dismantling the last vestiges of the US social contract.

But the reality is if we are to have any intellectual integrity we have to admit that both parties have paved the way for what is happening today, and both continue to enabling it in real-time. But, to paraphrase the late and great George Carlin, 'Americans have been bought off by gizmos and toys... we have it too well and no one wants to rock the boat.'

This is where I am different; while most people just pick a side, watch the circus, cheer for their team, hate on the other, and ultimately remain blind to what is happening outside the show --> I rock the boat.

Except you don't rock the boat. You play with your dick. Change can only come within the system. Pick your side and work the system.

What is your solution? No political parties? Anarchy? Ya fucking hippy that shit don't work.
I blame Biker.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

I don’t believe the Iranians want to do anything substantial. If our troops were not killed or injured, I’d even suspect they somehow let slip the attack ahead of time. They must know that a real attack would have real consequences for them. We are not fucking around.

That’s all speculation. Why? My own observation of Arabs and Persians is they love to saber rattle. They use a lot of big talk. Maybe they’re compensating for the numerous ass beatings they’ve been given by the west. Maybe it’s their culture.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Stapes wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:47 am
Cassandros wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:34 am

Except you don't rock the boat. You play with your dick. Change can only come within the system. Pick your side and work the system.

What is your solution? No political parties? Anarchy? Ya fucking hippy that shit don't work.
LOL.

It is a good thing the Founders didn't think like you... They understood one cannot fix a system from within when it is rigged.

Now to answer your question, in a tl;dr format as it is a remarkable complex situation, three simple things I would like to see are:
-- More political parties. Because more choices, especially moderate choices, is a good thing.
-- Making politicians wear the logos of all their donors on their suits like NASCAR racers. I think it would be a real eye opener if people realized how many interest groups fund both sides.
-- End political ads, create a site that shows who is running, their history, where they stand on issues, and a basic bio. Debates need to still exist, but the whole format needs revamping. Sound bites debates are pointless, make more of them with less people, run by moderators who are well vetted to have as little bias as possible (much like how a jury is selected).

Now of course, the obvious problem with the first is: too many people are too scared and/or indoctrinated and will not break their party ranks, so additional parties cannot really take root past the 'novelty' stage. The second and third have a similar issue, they require the people in power to pass such a laws; something the political elite will never feel pressure to do because We the People are so stuck in team-think identity-politics to unite on, well, virtually anything.

The first step, as far as I can tell, has to be pulling off the blinders that prevent people from seeing/admitting their party is as corrupt and culpable for the destruction of the Constitution as the other side. Until then, nothing meaningful will happen, blue or red, the new boss will pick up where the last left off and they will continue to steer this ship straight to hell.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:10 am I don’t believe the Iranians want to do anything substantial. If our troops were not killed or injured, I’d even suspect they somehow let slip the attack ahead of time. They must know that a real attack would have real consequences for them. We are not fucking around.

That’s all speculation. Why? My own observation of Arabs and Persians is they love to saber rattle. They use a lot of big talk. Maybe they’re compensating for the numerous ass beatings they’ve been given by the west. Maybe it’s their culture.
Agreed.

Plus Trump has stated his willingness to commit war crimes as part of a retaliation, that is enough to make you think real hard about how to proceed.

Unfortunately you can pretty much bank on Iraq being part of Iran now. I can totally see al-Sadr stepping up his rhetoric and taking a more active role in politics in the region. If the goal was to keep US troops in the Middle East for another decade, mission accomplished...
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

It's clear who our red diaper babies are pulling for. Talking up the Persians and their military, as if it compares to the US by any metric.

The US can crush them to the Stone Age, and has always been able to do so. There is nothing stopping us from doing so, except what. You homos don't even consider the silence from Irans so called allies, the ones who participated in joint military exercises. Where the fuck are they now?
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Yeah, the US can crush them almost as easily as the Taliban, the Iraqis and the Viet Cong. Looks like chump has got the message anyway, Iran launched some ballistic missiles at US bases from inside Iran, an escalation and clear act of war, but also basically theatre with no casualties reported. That lets them save some face, and no casualties allows chump to pussy out of responding despite all the bluster. If that's the end of the tit for tat, Iran has scored a major win with the US being told to leave Iraq.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

No survivors after Ukrainian Boeing passenger plane crashes in Iran
Iranian officials blamed mechanical issues for the crash, while Ukrainian authorities said it was too early to determine the cause.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ukra ... a-n1112216
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

They may have accidentally shot it down, must've been on high alert for US warplanes. It was a boeing though, those things tend to fall right out of the sky.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

AnalHamster wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:36 am They may have accidentally shot it down, must've been on high alert for US warplanes. It was a boeing though, those things tend to fall right out of the sky.
Boeing, Ukraine and Iran. It's like they are trying to condense all the news stories into one now.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

BoTh SiDeS aRe ThE sAmE

"

Money in Elections and Voting

Sets reasonable limits on the raising and spending of money by electoral candidates to influence elections (Reverse Citizens United)

For Against

Rep 0 42

Dem 54 0

Campaign Finance Disclosure Requirements

For Against

Rep 0 39

Dem 59 0

DISCLOSE Act

For Against

Rep 0 45

Dem 53 0

Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act

For Against

Rep 8 38

Dem 51 3

Repeal Taxpayer Financing of Presidential Election Campaigns

For Against

Rep 232 0

Dem 0 189

Backup Paper Ballots - Voting Record

For Against

Rep 20 170

Dem 228 0

Environment

EPA Science Advisory Board Reform Act of 2013

For Against

Rep 225 1

Dem 4 190

Stop "the War on Coal" Act of 2012

For Against

Rep 214 13

Dem 19 162

Prohibit the Social Cost of Carbon in Agency Determinations

For Against

Rep 218 2

Dem 4 186

"War on Terror"

Oversight of CIA Interrogation and Detention Amendment

For Against

Rep 1 52

Dem 45 1

Patriot Act Reauthorization

For Against

Rep 196 31

Dem 54 122

Repeal Indefinite Military Detention

For Against

Rep 15 214

Dem 176 16

FISA Act Reauthorization of 2008

For Against

Rep 188 1

Dem 105 128

FISA Reauthorization of 2012

For Against

Rep 227 7

Dem 74 111

House Vote to Close the Guantanamo Prison

For Against

Rep 2 228

Dem 172 21

Senate Vote to Close the Guantanamo Prison

For Against

Rep 3 32

Dem 52 3

Iraq Withdrawal Amendment

For Against

Rep 2 45

Dem 47 2

Time Between Troop Deployments

For Against

Rep 6 43

Dem 50 1

Prohibits the Use of Funds for the Transfer or Release of Individuals Detained at Guantanamo

For Against

Rep 44 0

Dem 9 41

Habeas Corpus for Detainees of the United States

For Against

Rep 5 42

Dem 50 0

Habeas Review Amendment

For Against

Rep 3 50

Dem 45 1

Prohibits Detention of U.S. Citizens Without Trial

For Against

Rep 5 42

Dem 39 12

Authorizes Further Detention After Trial During Wartime

For Against

Rep 38 2

Dem 9 49

Prohibits Prosecution of Enemy Combatants in Civilian Courts

For Against

Rep 46 2

Dem 1 49

Oversight of CIA Interrogation and Detention

For Against

Rep 1 52

Dem 45 1

The Economy/Jobs

Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Bureau Act

For Against

Rep 4 39

Dem 55 2

American Jobs Act of 2011 - $50 billion for infrastructure projects

For Against

Rep 0 48

Dem 50 2

End the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection

For Against

Rep 39 1

Dem 1 54

Kill Credit Default Swap Regulations

For Against

Rep 38 2

Dem 18 36

Revokes tax credits for businesses that move jobs overseas

For Against

Rep 10 32

Dem 53 1

Disapproval of President's Authority to Raise the Debt Limit

For Against

Rep 233 1

Dem 6 175

Disapproval of President's Authority to Raise the Debt Limit

For Against

Rep 42 1

Dem 2 51

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act

For Against

Rep 3 173

Dem 247 4

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act

For Against

Rep 4 36

Dem 57 0

Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension

For Against

Rep 1 44

Dem 54 1

Reduces Funding for Food Stamps

For Against

Rep 33 13

Dem 0 52

Minimum Wage Fairness Act

For Against

Rep 1 41

Dem 53 1

Paycheck Fairness Act

For Against

Rep 0 40

Dem 58 1

Equal Rights

Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2013

For Against

Rep 1 41

Dem 54 0

Exempts Religiously Affiliated Employers from the Prohibition on Employment Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity

For Against

Rep 41 3

Dem 2 52

Same Sex Marriage Resolution 2006

For Against

Rep 6 47

Dem 42 2

Family Planning

Teen Pregnancy Education Amendment

For Against

Rep 4 50

Dem 44 1

Family Planning and Teen Pregnancy Prevention

For Against

Rep 3 51

Dem 44 1

Protect Women's Health From Corporate Interference Act The 'anti-Hobby Lobby' bill.

For Against

Rep 3 42

Dem 53 1

Misc

Allow employers to penalize employees that don't submit genetic testing for health insurance (Committee vote)

For Against

Rep 22 0

Dem 0 17

Prohibit the Use of Funds to Carry Out the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

For Against

Rep 45 0

Dem 0 52

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Funding Amendment

For Against

Rep 1 41

Dem 54 0

Limits Interest Rates for Certain Federal Student Loans

For Against

Rep 0 46

Dem 46 6

Student Loan Affordability Act

For Against

Rep 0 51

Dem 45 1

Prohibiting Federal Funding of National Public Radio

For Against

Rep 228 7

Dem 0 185

House Vote for Net Neutrality

For Against

Rep 2 234

Dem 177 6

Senate Vote for Net Neutrality

For Against

Rep 0 46

Dem 52 0

"
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

So we can add the US aerospace bidness to the list of things our British buttboy is jealous aboot.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Turns out Iran did telegraph their punches.
We caught the missiles on radar, but also they told the Iraqis to keep their troops away from certain installations. Of course, that was meant to be leaked to us.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Well yes, Iran is the grownup in the room. They needed to respond, but they did so proportionally and responsibly, leaving room for deescalation. Sure, trump blustered and lied and promised retaliaton with war crimes, but even his own secDef couldn't support that so they aren't taking much of a risk calling his bluff there. Behind the scenes is their real move, getting the yanks kicked out of Iraq leaving them with free reign. This whole debacle has been a major, major win for Iran. Now they have a vassal state, a restarted nuclear program, and national unity in the face of the Great Satan. Helluva mess for the next dem potus to clean up. Even trump supporters can't get behind a unified message about just what the fuck the dimmy thinks he's up to this time, de-escalation and humiliating withdrawal is the best and probably only option for the US now. Still, the defeat can be sold to the trumpcucks as a derp fulfilled, when US troops run home leaving their billion dollar bases to the Iranians.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

AnalHamster wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:25 pm Well yes, Iran is the grownup in the room. They needed to respond, but they did so proportionally and responsibly, leaving room for deescalation. Sure, trump blustered and lied and promised retaliaton with war crimes, but even his own secDef couldn't support that so they aren't taking much of a risk calling his bluff there. Behind the scenes is their real move, getting the yanks kicked out of Iraq leaving them with free reign. This whole debacle has been a major, major win for Iran. Now they have a vassal state, a restarted nuclear program, and national unity in the face of the Great Satan. Helluva mess for the next dem potus to clean up. Even trump supporters can't get behind a unified message about just what the fuck the dimmy thinks he's up to this time, de-escalation and humiliating withdrawal is the best and probably only option for the US now. Still, the defeat can be sold to the trumpcucks as a derp fulfilled, when US troops run home leaving their billion dollar bases to the Iranians.
You sound like an Iranian.