FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Alex Cora Fired as Red Sox Manager

Post by FSchmertz »

Alex Cora Fired as Red Sox Manager Amid Astros' Sign-Stealing Scandal
WestTexasCrude

Re: Alex Cora Fired as Red Sox Manager

Post by WestTexasCrude »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:02 am Alex Cora Fired as Red Sox Manager Amid Astros' Sign-Stealing Scandal
Proactive since they know MLB will be suspending him for 2 years. Lot of baseball careers going down in flames the last 2 days.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Ron Washington, Bruce Bochy, and Mike Scioscia are getting their suitcases out.

Maybe John Farrell and Buck Showalter too...
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

B-Tender wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:27 am Ron Washington, Bruce Bochy, and Mike Scioscia are getting their suitcases out.

I heard Varitek being mentioned. I think a lot of the retread managers are done. Seems like teams like hiring first time managers and molding them to their "system".
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:21 am
FSchmertz wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:02 am Alex Cora Fired as Red Sox Manager Amid Astros' Sign-Stealing Scandal
Proactive since they know MLB will be suspending him for 2 years. Lot of baseball careers going down in flames the last 2 days.
Your Astros have been getting fired/suspended from baseball before the past 2 days. Remember their assistant GM getting kicked during the playoffs?

I just don't know how any of these guys thought they would get away with it. Especially with the way they change teams nowadays. Of course someone is going to open their mouth when they are on the other side.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:11 am
B-Tender wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:27 am Ron Washington, Bruce Bochy, and Mike Scioscia are getting their suitcases out.

I heard Varitek being mentioned. I think a lot of the retread managers are done. Seems like teams like hiring first time managers and molding them to their "system".
You're probably right, but if you want someone for just a season or two, especially if you are grooming someone from within, one of these guys might be the answer.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:14 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:21 am
Your Astros have been getting fired/suspended from baseball before the past 2 days. Remember their assistant GM getting kicked during the playoffs?

I just don't know how any of these guys thought they would get away with it. Especially with the way they change teams nowadays. Of course someone is going to open their mouth when they are on the other side.
Totally agree. Stupid as shit.
8-TrackJones
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Carlos Beltran will not be the Met's new manager. That is all.
Klaatu ......Barada .......Ncoughcoughcough.........Necktie.........Nickel.....
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/01/mlb- ... andal.html

Astros’ Jose Altuve, Alex Bregman wore ‘devices that buzzed’ as part of sign-stealing scandal, report says