rock and roll hall of fame

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Re: rock and roll hall of fame

Post by HighNDry »

JCW wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:15 am Anyone else wondering how the fuck outting your band on UJ for 20 people would be "throwing it all away"?

For the record teenage JCW *LOVED* Gin Blossoms. I will still sing "Found Out About You" on full volume, no fucks given.
Keep your fucks. Found Out About You is a great song.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

Wut wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:24 am
JCW wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:15 am Anyone else wondering how the fuck outting your band on UJ for 20 people would be "throwing it all away"?

For the record teenage JCW *LOVED* Gin Blossoms. I will still sing "Found Out About You" on full volume, no fucks given.
I get it, he posts his band name here and it shows up in search results and people find it and read his posts and get upset because they don't like what he posts. He shouldn't post anything that can identify him.

It would be good for membership though.
Yeah, it would suck to lose a fan when you only have 5 of them to start off with.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

HighNDry wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:30 am

If you have any feelings at all its basically impossible to not appreciate the heartache this song carries.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:14 am
HighNDry wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:30 am

If you have any feelings at all its basically impossible to not appreciate the heartache this song carries.
Yep. I love when hearing a song can immediately take you back to a particular time in your life, good or bad.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

HighNDry wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:15 am Yep. I love when hearing a song can immediately take you back to a particular time in your life, good or bad.
This is why music is one of the most important things in my life. The memories, the emotions I can't put into words, the depth of feelings it can invoke. Some songs arent even lyrically sad but will move me to tears every single time I hear it.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

JCW wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:20 am
HighNDry wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:15 am Yep. I love when hearing a song can immediately take you back to a particular time in your life, good or bad.
This is why music is one of the most important things in my life. The memories, the emotions I can't put into words, the depth of feelings it can invoke. Some songs arent even lyrically sad but will move me to tears every single time I hear it.
Same here. It really is amazing the power that a song, riff, or lyric, can have.
-Mitch Hedberg
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

First LP I ever bought. Brings me back to the start of highschool everytime I hear it.
Last edited by megman on Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

That said, I’m still okay with the Gin Blossoms not getting into the RnR HOF.

But for the love of God, get Iron Maiden in there before the guys die.
-Mitch Hedberg
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

megman wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:28 am Image

First LP I ever bought. Brings me back to the start of highschool everytime I hear it.
I just never got into Sabbath. I’ve tried and tried to listen to them, but the music just doesn’t do anything for me. I did like some of the stuff with Dio singing lead, though.
-Mitch Hedberg
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

Who gets into RnR HOF first, Gin Blossoms or Lindsay Lohan?

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/l ... m-february
-Mitch Hedberg
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

HighNDry wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:05 am
megman wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:04 am
Stapes wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:30 pm I think I know what band DeathProof is in. :)
Which one do ya think?

Far left, Hard Rock tee. Where’s the betting window?
That's Scott Johnson. Great guy. But not me.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
s.murph
Some Old Dead Fuck

Post by s.murph »

I'm just glad that the Doobie Brothers finally got in. Long overdoob.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

s.murph wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:52 am I'm just glad that the Doobie Brothers finally got in. Long overdoob.
Kinda a weird band. Entirely different when Johnston or McDonald were in it.

Now they're touring together though.