Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:47 am
I disagree, aside from the fact that the people involved may not have been "imbeciles," the choice of whether or not to procreate is most fundamental to self determination, it's not a decision for the government.
unless you live in a country where the government pays for stuff for you. Then its like going to a buffet that charges by the car load and bringing a bus load.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Flumper wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:38 pm
I disagree, aside from the fact that the people involved may not have been "imbeciles," the choice of whether or not to procreate is most fundamental to self determination, it's not a decision for the government.
unless you live in a country where the government pays for stuff for you. Then its like going to a buffet that charges by the car load and bringing a bus load.
I don't understand what you're saying here.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:19 pm
i'm kind of just being a jerk but with a little bit of food for thought involved.

If you have a government where they provide a lot of social(ist) programs (ie. insurance, food stamps, whatever) and you start having tons of kids then you are in some ways "hogging" your share of what the government is trying to provide. Obviously if everyone had 10+ kids the whole concept would fall apart since there wouldn't be enough people funding the government to pay for all the programs it was trying to provide. So, in a sense, government has a concern on the number of people there are. Obviously its a stretch to say they should control the population, but it is something to think about.

If that still doesn't make sense, then think about if you had a spare bedroom and you had a cousin that was on hard times and offered to let her move in. Then she moved in her kid with her and now you have two of them to help. Then the move in a couple more that you didn't know about and now you have 4. Then she.....
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:52 pm
i'm kind of just being a jerk but with a little bit of food for thought involved.

If you have a government where they provide a lot of social(ist) programs (ie. insurance, food stamps, whatever) and you start having tons of kids then you are in some ways "hogging" your share of what the government is trying to provide. Obviously if everyone had 10+ kids the whole concept would fall apart since there wouldn't be enough people funding the government to pay for all the programs it was trying to provide. So, in a sense, government has a concern on the number of people there are. Obviously its a stretch to say they should control the population, but it is something to think about.

If that still doesn't make sense, then think about if you had a spare bedroom and you had a cousin that was on hard times and offered to let her move in. Then she moved in her kid with her and now you have two of them to help. Then the move in a couple more that you didn't know about and now you have 4. Then she.....
Why do you assume the 10+ kids wouldn't be contributing to the fund as adults? More people equals more contributors.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:01 pm Why do you assume the 10+ kids wouldn't be contributing to the fund as adults? More people equals more contributors.
for some reason when people are raised dependent on government hand outs, then they don't tend to turn into big tax paying contributors. i don't know if the numbers support that. its just a hunch.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:06 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:01 pm Why do you assume the 10+ kids wouldn't be contributing to the fund as adults? More people equals more contributors.
for some reason when people are raised dependent on government hand outs, then they don't tend to turn into big tax paying contributors. i don't know if the numbers support that. its just a hunch.
So only people dependent on government handouts are having the 10+ kids?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

:datsphatyo:
Flumper wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:52 pm

Poor people with lots of kids is a problem for a lot of reasons, cost of support, whether they can properly raise their kids, etc.

This, to me, warrants better sex education and availability of birth control. I don't agree with government mandated sterilization.
wut?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:10 pm
In general, obviously not always, the higher the income the fewer the kids and vice versa. It's just one of the reasons Europeans are declining.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:21 pm
In general, obviously not always, the higher the income the fewer the kids and vice versa.
we live in a weird time where it is no longer politically correct to make generalizations. that is now perceived to be racist.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Flumper wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:24 pm
In general, obviously not always, the higher the income the fewer the kids and vice versa.
we live in a weird time where it is no longer politically correct to make generalizations. that is now perceived to be racist.
True but it sucks when people make generalizations about somebody specifically that are completely untrue. That's when I get pissed off. My wife has a few black friends that are basically hard working, honest, law abiding and completely awesome people. Try telling that to someone that likes to make blanket statements about blacks, for example.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

In general.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

megman wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:13 pm
In general.
Generally speaking.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:10 pm
True but it sucks when people make generalizations about somebody specifically that are completely untrue. That's when I get pissed off. My wife has a few black friends that are basically hard working, honest, law abiding and completely awesome people. Try telling that to someone that likes to make blanket statements about blacks, for example.
Jeezus, dude. I try not to get involved with piling on but you gotta stop sharing so much info. Are these black friends your wife has single young males around 20-30 years of age?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:17 pm

Jeezus, dude. I try not to get involved with piling on but you gotta stop sharing so much info. Are these black friends your wife has single young males around 20-30 years of age?
And working out at the gym?
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

beagleboy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:35 pm If 5% of the population got the Coronavirus in the US, and at normal hospital ratios in China that means 3.3m people will be admitted to the hospital. About 150k-300k would end up dead. There are cities in China where the death rate is on par with the normal flu. There are cities where it is far higher than 2% - more along the lines of 10%.

5-20% of the US population come down with a version of the flu every year and on the high end 200,000 get admitted to the hospital. It's more likely an issue in the US for next winter, not this one. I've seen analysts already whacking tourism oriented company profit forecasts for next year.

My brother in law went to Japan about 3 weeks ago for work and said his company told the team to make plans ahead of time in case they are quarantined.
That's a good point. From what I've read the US has no where near the hospital capacity (equipped properly) to handle the predicted outbreak here. Hospitals are always running at around 90% capacity to maintain profitability currently. Therefore, the death rate could be well above 2.5% when people can't get proper treatment. Pretty soon we're all gonna be quarantined at home with nothing to do but post on UJR and get sick and die from the virus.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

megman wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:19 pm

No, both married and female, around her age. They don't work out at the gym either, she knows them from work. But anyhow, it's a shame people are so afraid of getting personally attacked these days that they're afraid to share any personal information. It makes the site less interesting and at the original UJ it wasn't always like that. Cheezy used to share stories about his Detroit adventures and the black women he slept with.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:24 pm
beagleboy wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:35 pm If 5% of the population got the Coronavirus in the US, and at normal hospital ratios in China that means 3.3m people will be admitted to the hospital. About 150k-300k would end up dead. There are cities in China where the death rate is on par with the normal flu. There are cities where it is far higher than 2% - more along the lines of 10%.

5-20% of the US population come down with a version of the flu every year and on the high end 200,000 get admitted to the hospital. It's more likely an issue in the US for next winter, not this one. I've seen analysts already whacking tourism oriented company profit forecasts for next year.

My brother in law went to Japan about 3 weeks ago for work and said his company told the team to make plans ahead of time in case they are quarantined.
That's a good point. From what I've read the US has no where near the hospital capacity (equipped properly) to handle the predicted outbreak here. Hospitals are always running at around 90% capacity to maintain profitability currently. Therefore, the death rate could be well above 2.5% when people can't get proper treatment. Pretty soon we're all gonna be quarantined at home with nothing to do but post on UJR and get sick and die from the virus.
i'm no geohospital global scientist, but I'm going to venture to say that the US is better equipped medically to deal with the numbers of people than, say, china.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Flumper wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:30 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:24 pm

i'm no geohospital global scientist, but I'm going to venture to say that the US is better equipped medically to deal with the numbers of people than, say, china.
I'm not sure about that comparison, I'll have to look into it further. Regardless, I highly doubt there are enough hospital beds available for the hundreds of thousands that could get this virus in the US. It was pretty amazing to see how fast the chinese were able to build several hospitals, just in a matter of 2-3 weeks. Do you think the US could do that?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:26 pm

No, both married and female, around her age. They don't work out at the gym either, she knows them from work. But anyhow, it's a shame people are so afraid of getting personally attacked these days that they're afraid to share any personal information. It makes the site less interesting and at the original UJ it wasn't always like that. Cheezy used to share stories about his Detroit adventures and the black women he slept with.
Says the guy who routinely attacks people on a personal level. :roll:
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:38 pm

Only to fight fire with fire. You made pictures and trashed on my wife just for being hispanic way before I came back at you. The only one to blame is yourself. If you don't like it then quit doing it. That's when you won't get attacked in return.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:41 pm
Only to fight fire with fire. You made pictures and trashed on my wife just for being hispanic way before I came back at you. The only one to blame is yourself. If you don't like it then quit doing it. That's when you won't get attacked in return.
You have a very short memory.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:43 pm

Good, 'cause bitches like you can't let go of the past. I'm on this board tonight thinking about now and the future. If you want to talk about something that happened years ago I personally don't have time to review that now 'cause it's water under the bridge, but then again I'm christian. I know how to forgive. Nobody killed anybody here or robbed from anyone or fucked their SO's. I've given you tons of opportunity to get over it & let bygones be bygones but like a little girl you want to keep whining. Srsly dawg, get some balls.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:35 pm I'm not sure about that comparison, I'll have to look into it further. Regardless, I highly doubt there are enough hospital beds available for the hundreds of thousands that could get this virus in the US. It was pretty amazing to see how fast the chinese were able to build several hospitals, just in a matter of 2-3 weeks. Do you think the US could do that?
one thing that you have to remember is that, for all of its wealth and economic impact, China is a 3rd world country. And the term "3rd world" isn't just some arbitrary name tag. Its part of the reason the people eat rats and wolf pups.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Flumper wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:09 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:35 pm I'm not sure about that comparison, I'll have to look into it further. Regardless, I highly doubt there are enough hospital beds available for the hundreds of thousands that could get this virus in the US. It was pretty amazing to see how fast the chinese were able to build several hospitals, just in a matter of 2-3 weeks. Do you think the US could do that?
one thing that you have to remember is that, for all of its wealth and economic impact, China is a 3rd world country. And the term "3rd world" isn't just some arbitrary name tag. Its part of the reason the people eat rats and wolf pups.
Like Tennessee?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:48 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:43 pm
Good, 'cause bitches like you can't let go of the past. I'm on this board tonight thinking about now and the future. If you want to talk about something that happened years ago I personally don't have time to review that now 'cause it's water under the bridge, but then again I'm christian. I know how to forgive. Nobody killed anybody here or robbed from anyone or fucked their SO's. I've given you tons of opportunity to get over it & let bygones be bygones but like a little girl you want to keep whining. Srsly dawg, get some balls.
Your Mom is a whore. Your Father is ashamed of you. You are a faggot. You are a minus in this world. Your sister sucked and fucked her way into West Point. You have no friends.
I speak the truth. Think about it.