AOC - Green New Deal

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

AOC - Green New Deal

Post by PimpDaddy »

So...is UJ-R just going to ignore this gem?
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Re: AOC - Green New Deal

Post by Charliesheen »

They don't even defend their speaker.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Getting rid of Air Planes, pretty difficult. Changing the fuel Planes use to fly, possible.
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

She better not touch my farting cows. I need steak.

Would still bang!!!!
I blame Biker.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

Ban farting humans, too!
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Eliminate airplanes
High speed rail criss crossing the country
Free money for those "unwilling to work"
Fix every building in the US so it's green
Government jobs for everyone
Eliminate fossil fuels

Hmmm. Sounds doable.

J/k she's fucking retarded.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise this didn't get much attention around here :lol:
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Nancy already trashed it. It's dead on arrival.
Also, it's a completely non-binding proposal that means absolutely nothing even if it does pass.
8-TrackJones
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Klaatu ......Barada .......Ncoughcoughcough.........Necktie.........Nickel.....
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

The R&D portion is sound, China is taking the lead there.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

From what I could tell the plan seemed largely aspirational. I guess if she'd have ended it by saying Mexico would pay for the whole thing the dimwitted Trumpers would've been all aboard. Lulz.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

stymiegreen wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:23 am From what I could tell the plan seemed largely aspirational. I guess if she'd have ended it by saying Mexico would pay for the whole thing the dimwitted Trumpers would've been all aboard. Lulz.
You misspelled "Yeah, it really is a crock of shit but I can't really say that because she's a Democrat."
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:09 am
stymiegreen wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:23 am From what I could tell the plan seemed largely aspirational. I guess if she'd have ended it by saying Mexico would pay for the whole thing the dimwitted Trumpers would've been all aboard. Lulz.
You misspelled "Yeah, it really is a crock of shit but I can't really say that because she's a Democrat."

Watching you toads climb up AOC's ass on everything she says yet hit the snooze button on the myriad dipshit ideas and missteps Trump has undertaken leaves me pretty underwhelmed by any attempt you are claiming for righteousness or credibility here. You have none. Zip. Zero. But other than that....keep pretending you do, guy. It's amusing. Lulz.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

stymiegreen wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:13 am

Watching you toads climb up AOC's ass on everything she says yet hit the snooze button on the myriad dipshit ideas and missteps Trump has undertaken leaves me pretty underwhelmed by any attempt you are claiming for righteousness or credibility here. You have none. Zip. Zero. But other than that....keep pretending you do, guy. It's amusing. Lulz.
Wrongo, homeslice. I'm the one hoping he doesnt run again so we can have President Haley sooner rather than later. I've made that very well known. I also have no trouble admitting when he tweets and says dumb shit; which is often. I had no problem saying he was a dumbass for saying he'd own the shutdown. I had no problem saying it was incredibly dumb when he called himself "tariffman" or whatever the fuck he called himself. Don't try to lump me in with your inablity to call out your team. :roll:
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:31 am

Wrongo, homeslice. I'm the one hoping he doesnt run again so we can have President Haley sooner rather than later. I've made that very well known. I also have no trouble admitting when he tweets and says dumb shit; which is often. I had no problem saying he was a dumbass for saying he'd own the shutdown. I had no problem saying it was incredibly dumb when he called himself "tariffman" or whatever the fuck he called himself. Don't try to lump me in with your inablity to call out your team. :roll:
I support AOC injecting new ideas into the equation the same way Trumpeteers supported him blurting out crazy shit no one ever thought he'd get passed. If I was waiting for fossils like Pelosi and Schumer to come up with grand new ideas I'd be waiting forever. If her ideas get no traction then that's fine...but I'd still rather see someone trying to shake shit up instead of just listening to the old guard tell her what will never be possible so don't even attempt it.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

stymiegreen wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:03 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:31 am

I support AOC injecting new ideas into the equation the same way Trumpeteers supported him blurting out crazy shit no one ever thought he'd get passed. If I was waiting for fossils like Pelosi and Schumer to come up with grand new ideas I'd be waiting forever. If her ideas get no traction then that's fine...but I'd still rather see someone trying to shake shit up instead of just listening to the old guard tell her what will never be possible so don't even attempt it.
Nicely put. I think with her, and listening to her, you can kinda understand the Trump thing a little better. Sure, we know he can be a dumbass and say some really dumb shit but underneath some of that dumbassery there just might be some things we can get behind; even if only a little bit. And maybe at the very least some shit will get started and create some waves that take us in a direction we want to go.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Her presence has allowed conservatives to express how truly uninformed they are. I love her.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

We could use more love around here.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

The only thing conservatives/GOP are concerned about are filling their pockets. Anything that takes away from that is to be vilified, slandered and dismantled. Big Corporate and the money class buy politicians, especially Repubs, to serve their interests at the expense of everyone else. The funny thing is that guys like Cheezy think they are part of the club and get duped into buying the propaganda but they wouldn't even be allowed in the front door. Gunzen thinks the "Dems" are on the ropes. I think just the opposite is happening. The last gasp of the Republican Crime Syndicate and its big money overlords. I can only hope.

I'm sure my fellow Democrat Biker will agree with me.
I blame Biker.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Stapes wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:58 pm The only thing conservatives/GOP are concerned about are filling their pockets. Anything that takes away from that is to be vilified, slandered and dismantled. Big Corporate and the money class buy politicians, especially Repubs, to serve their interests at the expense of everyone else. The funny thing is that guys like Cheezy think they are part of the club and get duped into buying the propaganda but they wouldn't even be allowed in the front door. Gunzen thinks the "Dems" are on the ropes. I think just the opposite is happening. The last gasp of the Republican Crime Syndicate and its big money overlords. I can only hope.

I'm sure my fellow Democrat Biker will agree with me.
What club is this that you think that I think I'm a part of? Am I missing the secret meetings? Kinda odd that in one breath its conservatives only care about me, myself and I and in the next breath we're part of some secret club. Nah, it couldn't be that just like you, we might share similar values with other people.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

It's a secret club, of course you deny going to the meetings.

I think the wider point though is simply that you're a republican and not a 1 percenter. That means you vote against your interests. Seriously, think about it, what do they promise you that you want and still believe they actually mean? They can't even claim to be the party of fiscal responsibility any more. You vote to cut welfare programs for the poorest americans, deny healthcare to millions, ban abortion, promote christianity, corrupt the courts, police the world, while giving tax breaks to the wealthiest people and companies that would blow up the deficit even if they could get their cuts through. The majority of people on their team are voting against their interests these days, but it doesn't matter because that's their team.

It's ultimately self defeating though, they have been too successful and inequality is approaching critical levels where the propaganda just stops working, at which point you move to autocracy, revolution or reform. AOC or someone like her will be your president because the problems she seeks to address are accelerating, and the swing left is being boosted with demographic shifts and coinciding with the next census and boundary redrawings. All the gop shennannigans with gerrymandering and voter suppression are going to come back and bite them in the ass now dems are taking control in a system where they've made that part of the game. Social democracy is ultimately the only way to preserve the capitalist system in a democratic society anway, because the vast majority of people are getting fucked without high tax and spend.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

I told you they wont let him in
I blame Biker.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

High speed rail vs aircraft: I think should be presented as high speed rail vs long haul trucking. North, central and southern cross country hs rail routes to distribution hubs with either low speed rail or short haul trucking. For moving freight. Should reduce time and fuel use. Whether it would ever be cost effective or break even is the question.

Upgrading buildings for effectively: Worthy goal. Again return on investment is a major factor. If old buildings were replaced how much could be recycled considering lead based paint, asbestos and other concerns.

Universal wage: non starter.

Ending all current forms of energy: Getting away from polluting form of energy production is a worthy goal. Won't ever happen.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Antknot wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:55 pm High speed rail vs aircraft: I think should be presented as high speed rail vs long haul trucking. North, central and southern cross country hs rail routes to distribution hubs with either low speed rail or short haul trucking. For moving freight. Should reduce time and fuel use. Whether it would ever be cost effective or break even is the question.

Upgrading buildings for effectively: Worthy goal. Again return on investment is a major factor. If old buildings were replaced how much could be recycled considering lead based paint, asbestos and other concerns.

Universal wage: non starter.

Ending all current forms of energy: Getting away from polluting form of energy production is a worthy goal. Won't ever happen.
I'd say universal wage is inevitable, just not quite yet. Truckers and drivers will get replaced by self driving cars. Automation will continue to replace all manual jobs that can be done by current tech, and that's an expanding field. When the AI breakthrough comes what jobs would be safe? Even maintaining the machines just requires an AI in a decent robot body. Mankind will be made redundant by our own technology, at which point either the few Bezos's who own the AI patent make all the money in the world and depopulate it with terminators to prevent the uprising, or everyone gets a universal basic income. This is something star trek got right, with their sad hippy world where there is no money and everyone sits around improving themselves and making art. They just made the mistake of thinking that would be a good thing.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

What it actually calls for is investment in electric vehicle infrastructure and high speed rail.