History will be made in 4 days

The forum for all things New Jersey! Maybe for those in Iraan TX. And boobs.
User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

History will be made in 4 days

#1

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sat May 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Well, probably not exactly on Wednesday. They will be moving forward with an abundance of caution. 50 years after this country stunned the World by landing 6 spacecrafts on the moon and returning the crews safely home. Almost a decade after the national disgrace (thanks to the Clinton and Bush W administrations) of not even being able to launch a single person into orbit- thanks Russia, Wednesday will see our return to space. 2 Astronauts scheduled to be be launched into orbit (to the Space Station). And, I believe in a Worldwide first, A private US company will be making the delivery/ Space-X.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
FreakShowFanatic
Kim Noble With Nuts, think about it.
Posts: 5211
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#2

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Sat May 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Just a simple question WTC. How does that benefit mankind?

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 5382
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#3

Post by Flumper » Sat May 23, 2020 7:36 pm

If I was an astronaut, i think i would have them rename the mission from "Demo 2". That just doesn't have the sound of confidence that I would be looking for.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#4

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sat May 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Flumper wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:36 pm
If I was an astronaut, i think i would have them rename the mission from "Demo 2". That just doesn't have the sound of confidence that I would be looking for.
I'm pretty sure both have taken out multi-million dollar life insurance policies ( Premiums must be a bitch- :lol:) Actually the superior system was Jeff Bezos "Blue Origin" with launch facilities 2-3 hours W of me near Van Horn. Much more methodical in testing that NASA types like. Bummer about his wife finding out him banging some Hollywood starlet. Goodbye major chunk of fortune.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
Smok44
Loves him some FSF & WTC
Posts: 1880
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:29 am

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#5

Post by Smok44 » Sat May 23, 2020 8:43 pm

Meh, won't change my life one bit.

Off to look at some nudes in an interesting thread
Allen is a wrench

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#6

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sat May 23, 2020 8:48 pm

FreakShowFanatic wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:24 pm
Just a simple question WTC. How does that benefit mankind?
Dude , it was a national disgrace. 50 years after landing on the Moon, and we are incapable of launching one human into Space. Russia charged us out the ass but I have to say, their safety record (compared to our Shuttles) was spotless. One failed launch (a year or 2 ago) and the escape procedures worked perfectly.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed him back in HS
Posts: 4461
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#7

Post by Reservoir Dog » Sat May 23, 2020 10:02 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:19 pm
Well, probably not exactly on Wednesday. They will be moving forward with an abundance of caution. 50 years after this country stunned the World by landing 6 spacecrafts on the moon and returning the crews safely home. Almost a decade after the national disgrace (thanks to the Clinton and Bush W administrations) of not even being able to launch a single person into orbit- thanks Russia, Wednesday will see our return to space. 2 Astronauts scheduled to be be launched into orbit (to the Space Station). And, I believe in a Worldwide first, A private US company will be making the delivery/ Space-X.
Perhaps you should inform all those Space Shuttle astronauts that they never actually went into outer space.

User avatar
Stapes
Worlds Only Blue Collar Guy
Posts: 4510
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:50 pm
Location: Port St Lucie former Dirty Jerzey

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#8

Post by Stapes » Sat May 23, 2020 10:02 pm

FreakShowFanatic wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:24 pm
Just a simple question WTC. How does that benefit mankind?
I hate when people make this argument. Why should we spend money to go to space? All of human history has been about exploratation and going into the unknown. Maybe for the simple fact we shouldn't have all of our eggs in one basket would be a good enough reason.

We watched Apollo 11 in grammar school and it was awesome then and it's awesome now. I'm not sure how much faith I have in Space X but I guess we'll see if they kill anybody.
Not in the a.m. bro.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#9

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sat May 23, 2020 10:21 pm

Stapes wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:02 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:24 pm
Just a simple question WTC. How does that benefit mankind?
I hate when people make this argument. Why should we spend money to go to space? All of human history has been about exploratation and going into the unknown. Maybe for the simple fact we shouldn't have all of our eggs in one basket would be a good enough reason.

We watched Apollo 11 in grammar school and it was awesome then and it's awesome now. I'm not sure how much faith I have in Space X but I guess we'll see if they kill anybody.
Well said .Going to be interesting, being a private company/ Safety protocols has to be off the charts.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
Deathproof
UJR Guitar Hero Champion
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#10

Post by Deathproof » Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 pm

Fuck space. I'd call it a win for mankind if we could just have the bars open again.
Thai whores are much, much better than Vietnamese whores, wouldn't you agree?

User avatar
Smok44
Loves him some FSF & WTC
Posts: 1880
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:29 am

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#11

Post by Smok44 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 pm

Deathproof wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 pm
Fuck space. I'd call it a win for mankind if we could just have the bars open again.
Allen is a wrench

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#12

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sat May 23, 2020 11:10 pm

Smok44 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 pm
Deathproof wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 pm
Fuck space. I'd call it a win for mankind if we could just have the bars open again.
:lol: :lol: The fuck
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#13

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sun May 24, 2020 5:19 pm

Saw on the news this morning that President Trump will be at the launch Wednesday. Probably not a good idea.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

jsdspif
Forum Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:37 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#14

Post by jsdspif » Mon May 25, 2020 11:05 am

Deathproof wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 pm
Fuck space. I'd call it a win for mankind if we could just have the bars open again.
I'd like to have bottle/can returns back open.

User avatar
FreakShowFanatic
Kim Noble With Nuts, think about it.
Posts: 5211
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#15

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Tue May 26, 2020 9:17 am

Stapes wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:02 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:24 pm
Just a simple question WTC. How does that benefit mankind?
I hate when people make this argument. Why should we spend money to go to space? All of human history has been about exploratation and going into the unknown. Maybe for the simple fact we shouldn't have all of our eggs in one basket would be a good enough reason.

We watched Apollo 11 in grammar school and it was awesome then and it's awesome now. I'm not sure how much faith I have in Space X but I guess we'll see if they kill anybody.
How was me asking a simple question turn into an "argument" against space travel? I never said I was against space travel, I just wanted to know what the goals were for this particular endeavor. You provided a vague explanation that I already knew but I thought there might be some specific goals for this mission.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#16

Post by WestTexasCrude » Tue May 26, 2020 9:01 pm

Looks like the launch will probably be a "no-go". Weather. Any first human launch on a new system always has to be almost perfect conditions.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 5382
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#17

Post by Flumper » Tue May 26, 2020 9:52 pm

looks to me like tomorrow morning early is the best chance they have for quite some time. Weather-wise, Florida is not an ideal spot for this.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#18

Post by WestTexasCrude » Tue May 26, 2020 10:59 pm

Flumper wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:52 pm
looks to me like tomorrow morning early is the best chance they have for quite some time. Weather-wise, Florida is not an ideal spot for this.
That's why I said a bad idea for Trump to say he was going to attend the launch. Not happening. Always major delays on launching humans on a new system. Everything will have to be perfect which almost never happens.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 5382
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#19

Post by Flumper » Wed May 27, 2020 2:11 am

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:59 pm
Flumper wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:52 pm
looks to me like tomorrow morning early is the best chance they have for quite some time. Weather-wise, Florida is not an ideal spot for this.
That's why I said a bad idea for Trump to say he was going to attend the launch. Not happening. Always major delays on launching humans on a new system. Everything will have to be perfect which almost never happens.
i bet it goes off tomorrow. private enterprise. if you get a window of opportunity, you take it.

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 5382
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#20

Post by Flumper » Wed May 27, 2020 4:00 pm

has anyone heard any plans to stop the launch today?

Can you embed Live Stream youtubes?


Antknot
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 1849
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#21

Post by Antknot » Wed May 27, 2020 4:10 pm

Discovery channel start coverage at 2 pm EDT
Blame Hollywood. That's what I do, and it's no less useful than blaming someone with an actual conscience.

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 5382
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#22

Post by Flumper » Wed May 27, 2020 4:29 pm

NASA seems to be trying a bit too hard to be cool. I feel like I am watching some kind of Teen Magazine debut.

It was nice of the Nickelodeon to donate their reporting staff to run things.

:lol: "......When the astronauts finish with their lunch, they will ride in their Tesla to the rocket location...."

the astronauts have entered the Tesla and are being driven to their rocket.

User avatar
Stapes
Worlds Only Blue Collar Guy
Posts: 4510
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:50 pm
Location: Port St Lucie former Dirty Jerzey

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#23

Post by Stapes » Wed May 27, 2020 6:37 pm

Lots of Thunderstorms swinging across Florida and now they have a tornado watch. Don't think today is going to be the day
Not in the a.m. bro.

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 5382
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#24

Post by Flumper » Wed May 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Stapes wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:37 pm
Lots of Thunderstorms swinging across Florida and now they have a tornado watch. Don't think today is going to be the day
they just said it looks like a go.

they said one cell (thunderstorm) was over orlando and that as their decision maker, but it was eroding (the storm cell was eroding). The astronaut responded "good news".

User avatar
Stapes
Worlds Only Blue Collar Guy
Posts: 4510
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:50 pm
Location: Port St Lucie former Dirty Jerzey

Re: History will be made in 4 days

#25

Post by Stapes » Wed May 27, 2020 6:44 pm

Flumper wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:39 pm
Stapes wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:37 pm
Lots of Thunderstorms swinging across Florida and now they have a tornado watch. Don't think today is going to be the day
they just said it looks like a go.

they said one cell (thunderstorm) was over orlando and that as their decision maker, but it was eroding (the storm cell was eroding). The astronaut responded "good news".
Really? Alrighty then. No guts no glory.
Not in the a.m. bro.

Post Reply