Trump fundraises off prime-time address

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Trump fundraises off prime-time address

Post by CaptQuint »

President Trump is fundraising off his national prime-time address Tuesday focused on the border amid the ongoing partial government shutdown.

Trump in an email Tuesday afternoon asked supporters to donate to his "Official Secure the Border Fund" through the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a joint fundraising committee for the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee.

"We need to raise $500,000 in ONE DAY. I want to know who stood with me when it mattered most so I’ve asked my team to send me a list of EVERY AMERICAN PATRIOT who donates to the Official Secure the Border Fund," read the email written in Trump's name.

"Please make a special contribution of $5 by 9 PM EST to our Official Secure the Border Fund to have your name sent to me after my speech," it added.

During his prime-time address on Tuesday night, Trump will make his case for a wall to be built along the U.S.-Mexico border, which he claims is necessary to prevent crime.

Most of the major television networks have said they will carry the address, followed by a joint response from Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.).

Trump's demand for the wall has been a sticking point in negotiations to reopen large swaths of the federal government, which have been shut down since Dec. 22. Democrats have vowed not to approve any funding for a wall, while Trump has said he won't sign a bill that doesn't include money for the wall.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -on-border
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Trump fundraises off prime-time address

Post by CaptQuint »

Grifter in chief
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

"Official Secure the Border Fund" ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

What's most pathetic about Trump's approach is that he never even pretends that what is best for the Country is what he is concerned about. " I want to know who stood with me when it mattered most"...you're standing with HIM...because he's made it so the wall is a reflection on him...whether its what is best or most effective or most efficient at this point is irrelevant. The wall is a reflection on him so to admit defeat is to capitulate to the Democrats and this arrogant dicknozzle would rather be impeached than see that happen. Yeah its a real healthy and constructive way to run the country and address everyone's interests and not just his own. Sad.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

There's always a grift. Always.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:10 pm Weird that the man doesnt want to spend his own money again for another election cycle. What an asshole
Trump wrote:I don’t need anybody’s money. It’s nice. I don’t need anybody’s money. I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists. I’m not using donors. I don’t care. I’m really rich, I’ll show you that in a second. And by the way, I’m not even saying that in a braggadocios … that’s the kind that’s the kind of thinking you need for this country.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Biker wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:05 pm I guess the question is, how much more blood must American shed at the hands of illegals before the Dems consider it a real issue?
When the illegals start voting republican.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Biker wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:05 pm I guess the question is, how much more blood must American shed at the hands of illegals before the Dems consider it a real issue?
Its like you're reciting Trump's line's verbatim.

How many more mass shootings do we need to have before Repubs consider gun control a real issue?

They want to wrap themselves in the importance of Americans killed at the hands of immigrants but mass shootings happen on the regular and they accuse Dems of politicizing them by mentioning gun control afterwards. Once again the Repubs and Trumpers are very transparent and they have zero credibility.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

Biker wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:31 pm
stymiegreen wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:27 pm
Its like you're reciting Trump's line's verbatim.

How many more mass shootings do we need to have before Repubs consider gun control a real issue?

They want to wrap themselves in the importance of Americans killed at the hands of immigrants but mass shootings happen on the regular and they accuse Dems of politicizing them by mentioning gun control afterwards. Once again the Repubs and Trumpers are very transparent and they have zero credibility.
You know youre preaching to the choir when you bring up gun control, right?

So because the GOP lacks cred in gun control, that absolves and gives credibility to the Dems? Laughable
You spun it the way you wanted it to go. If they want to all of a sudden pretend they give a fuck about gun violence as a "national crisis" only when an immigrant is the one pulling the trigger than they are a joke. That doesn't by default give Dems credibility per se...but the Repubs certainly look like duplicitous shitheels.

Every time in an interview they get pressed on the bullshit lies they have been spreading about "4000 terrorists" being captured at the border each year they start bleating on about "how can you tell the family of the slain officer by an immigrant that this is not a crisis!!!" It's pathetic. And you are here pushing that same bullshit.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Pointing out your solution is a bullshit boondoggle doesn't actually refute there being an issue.

Still, if I were running the dems I'd just give him his wall funding on the simple and clearly messaged grounds that it's cheaper than the shutdown, then I'd hammer him until the election with Mexico not having paid for it, it making absolutely zero difference to the stats on drug imports, illegal entries, apprehensions or asylum claims, catch and release continuing unabated, and the incompetent wasteful implementation. The wall won't actually achieve anything except making some eminent domain lawyers rich and putting some deficit funded stimulus spending in the hands of some construction companies. Getting his wall funding is about the only thing that will make trump look more foolish than chasing it.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Antknot wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:18 pm
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

analhamster wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:28 pmStill, if I were running the dems I'd just give him his wall funding on the simple and clearly messaged grounds that it's cheaper than the shutdown, then I'd hammer him until the election with Mexico not having paid for it, it making absolutely zero difference to the stats on drug imports, illegal entries, apprehensions or asylum claims, catch and release continuing unabated, and the incompetent wasteful implementation. The wall won't actually achieve anything except making some eminent domain lawyers rich and putting some deficit funded stimulus spending in the hands of some construction companies. Getting his wall funding is about the only thing that will make trump look more foolish than chasing it.
I agree with all of this.

Get the govt back to work and the only way to show how little the wall can do is by it existing.

But how long will it take to complete, 10 years?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:15 pm
analhamster wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:28 pmStill, if I were running the dems I'd just give him his wall funding on the simple and clearly messaged grounds that it's cheaper than the shutdown, then I'd hammer him until the election with Mexico not having paid for it, it making absolutely zero difference to the stats on drug imports, illegal entries, apprehensions or asylum claims, catch and release continuing unabated, and the incompetent wasteful implementation. The wall won't actually achieve anything except making some eminent domain lawyers rich and putting some deficit funded stimulus spending in the hands of some construction companies. Getting his wall funding is about the only thing that will make trump look more foolish than chasing it.
I agree with all of this.

Get the govt back to work and the only way to show how little the wall can do is by it existing.

But how long will it take to complete, 10 years?
There's basically no prospect of it being completed. Sections approved by Bush are still held up in court cases so ten years would be extremely optimistic. No way all the congresses and presidents along the way to keep the pedal to the metal on a solution that basically no one who has studied the problem thinks is a good idea. I doubt future administrations will even bother with maintaining whatever stretches do get built.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

So simple solution for the Dems: give Trump money for the Wall...knowing it will never get done. Trump claims victory. Dems claim victory for killing the shut-down. What's the problem? Politicians are just a bunch of stubborn cunts, no care for the little people.

Who do you blame more? 1 Trump, or a whole lotta Dems?
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

PimpDaddy wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:32 pm
Hmmm....this is a real tough one...oh wait...let's let Donny Orange answer it for himself:
quote wrote:"I am proud to shut down the government for border security," Trump said Tuesday. Later, he added: "If we don't get what we want, one way or the other ... I will shut down the government, absolutely."
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

PimpDaddy wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:32 pm So simple solution for the Dems: give Trump money for the Wall...knowing it will never get done. Trump claims victory. Dems claim victory for killing the shut-down. What's the problem? Politicians are just a bunch of stubborn cunts, no care for the little people.

Well clearly it's trump, and McConnell now too. Legislation to avert the shutdown had passed both houses and trump had approved it, he just changed his mind because Anne Coulter told him to.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Antknot wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:18 pm
Illegals don't fucking vote for anyone
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

analhamster wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:51 pm
PimpDaddy wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:32 pm So simple solution for the Dems: give Trump money for the Wall...knowing it will never get done. Trump claims victory. Dems claim victory for killing the shut-down. What's the problem? Politicians are just a bunch of stubborn cunts, no care for the little people.

Well clearly it's trump, and McConnell now too. Legislation to avert the shutdown had passed both houses and trump had approved it, he just changed his mind because Anne Coulter told him to.
So Anne is to blame? Weird, I figured Congress had something to do with budgets and spending, but Trump must run that, too. Carry on.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

PimpDaddy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:44 pm

So Anne is to blame? Weird, I figured Congress had something to do with budgets and spending, but Trump must run that, too. Carry on.
Well it's really trump to blame for listening to Anne, along with a few other conservative pundits. Do you deny there was a deal in place that would have averted the shutdown and had passed congress with Trump promising to sign it? He changed his mind at the last minute because he got criticised in the rightie echo chamber. It's really that simple. No one can deal with this clown because he can't stake out and stick to a position, he consistently undermines his negotiators. That's why your trade deals have gone to shit too, he just keeps moving the goalposts based on whatever derp last penetrated his tiny little mind.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

PimpDaddy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:44 pm

Who controlled congress last October?
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

Who controlled Congress 20 years ago? What's your point? Your sacred Dems have just as much power to end this NOW. Give Trump a little cash...for a wall that we all agree will never be built. Done.

Trumps wants to build his wall. Is was OK when Clinton and Obama voted to spend it on the wall, right? Silly Dems are silly.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

PimpDaddy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 pm Who controlled Congress 20 years ago? What's your point? Your sacred Dems have just as much power to end this NOW. Give Trump a little cash...for a wall that we all agree will never be built. Done.

Trumps wants to build his wall. Is was OK when Clinton and Obama voted to spend it on the wall, right? Silly Dems are silly.
The budget was supposed to be done then and no the dems do not control all three branches of government like the republicans did then so your whole comment is pretty pathetic.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

Are you suggesting the Dems can't end this in 15 minutes if they want to? Pathetic.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

PimpDaddy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:58 pm Are you suggesting the Dems can't end this in 15 minutes if they want to? Pathetic.
Are you suggesting the republicans cannot?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

PimpDaddy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 pm Give Trump a little cash...for a wall that we all agree will never be built. Done.
Ladies and gentlemen, the party of fiscal conservatism.