MLB

Other people doing actual physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

MLB

Post by B-Tender »

I know there aren't a lot baseball fans here, just wondering if anyone is eager for the potential 60 game season? Personally, I'm not believing it will happen until it starts. Then I'm sure I'll be excited until halfway through when the Padres are mathmatically eliminated.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: MLB

Post by Animal »

i'm not much of a baseball fan, but sure why not. i watched the end of the nascar race sunday and it was interesting even without an audience. i'm just ready to start seeing some normal shit on tv instead of these freaking game shows and talent shows.

now, i will say this. I never really thought you could make wrestling worse, but seeing some of it the other night without an audience was possibly the worst thing I have ever seen.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:43 pm i'm not much of a baseball fan, but sure why not. i watched the end of the nascar race sunday and it was interesting even without an audience. i'm just ready to start seeing some normal shit on tv instead of these freaking game shows and talent shows.

now, i will say this. I never really thought you could make wrestling worse, but seeing some of it the other night without an audience was possibly the worst thing I have ever seen.
Are you a Rangers fan?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:44 pm
Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:43 pm i'm not much of a baseball fan, but sure why not. i watched the end of the nascar race sunday and it was interesting even without an audience. i'm just ready to start seeing some normal shit on tv instead of these freaking game shows and talent shows.

Are you a Rangers fan?
man i was. years ago. when bush owned them and nolan ryan was playing. then when nolan became an owner they had a run and it was fun. i would go to games. but there's been a guy running the team from the front office for a few years that got shit all fucked up. i haven't paid any attention to them in several years.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

As much as I hate the short season, this year it might be for the best.

I think we're going to constantly hear of players getting the plague, and by the time a 162 game season was completed, teams would've had a lot of players out, decimating the teams.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:37 pm I know there aren't a lot baseball fans here, just wondering if anyone is eager for the potential 60 game season? Personally, I'm not believing it will happen until it starts. Then I'm sure I'll be excited until halfway through when the Padres are mathmatically eliminated.
Us Pirates fans would love to make it to the halfway point before being eliminated.
wut?
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

And I am looking forward to the return of baseball, even though my team sucks.
wut?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:52 pm

Are you a Rangers fan?
man i was. years ago. when bush owned them and nolan ryan was playing. then when nolan became an owner they had a run and it was fun. i would go to games. but there's been a guy running the team from the front office for a few years that got shit all fucked up. i haven't paid any attention to them in several years.
I became a Rangers fan because of Nolan Ryan as well.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:31 pm
Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:52 pm

Are you a Rangers fan?
I became a Rangers fan because of Nolan Ryan as well.
Nolan Ryan may be the single most overrated player in the history of baseball. He did, however, know what he was doing as a front office guy for the Rangers. How and why the owner of the Rangers let Jon Daniels force Ryan out is beyond me and the Rangers will suck until they ditch Daniels.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

spudoc wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:32 pm Nolan Ryan may be the single most overrated player in the history of baseball.
SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!! :evil:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

As long as baseball is a sport and regardless of who holds what records, no one will forget a 20 something year old robin ventura charging the mound against a 45+ yo Nolan Ryan and getting a good old drum of texas whoop ass opened up on his face.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:16 am As long as baseball is a sport and regardless of who holds what records, no one will forget a 20 something year old robin ventura charging the mound against a 45+ yo Nolan Ryan and getting a good old drum of texas whoop ass opened up on his face.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:37 pm Then I'm sure I'll be excited until halfway through when the Padres are mathmatically eliminated.
Nah way. In this shortened season the Pads can get eliminated after two weeks. Quit being so pessimistic.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:16 am
B-Tender wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:37 pm Then I'm sure I'll be excited until halfway through when the Padres are mathmatically eliminated.
Nah way. In this shortened season the Pads can get eliminated after two weeks. Quit being so pessimistic.
A family member of one of the Padres' coaches comes into my local bar. The coach said that as soon as Machacdo realized they weren't going to be playing the whole season, and he would only be getting about a third of his $30M/yr, he was a couch potato for a month.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

B-Tender wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:33 am
A family member of one of the Padres' coaches comes into my local bar. The coach said that as soon as Machacdo realized they weren't going to be playing the whole season, and he would only be getting about a third of his $30M/yr, he was a couch potato for a month.
That is the most believable rumor I have ever heard......and I still love the signing. It feels good to see the Pads finally open their pocketbooks. They basically bamboozled the city for Petco on the premise of being able to do just that. Even if it took 15 years nice to see it happening.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:46 am
That is the most believable rumor I have ever heard......and I still love the signing. It feels good to see the Pads finally open their pocketbooks. They basically bamboozled the city for Petco on the premise of being able to do just that. Even if it took 15 years nice to see it happening.
Machado is a lazy dog. You will soon grow to hate the signing.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

spudoc wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:59 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:46 am
Machado is a lazy dog. You will soon grow to hate the signing.
The NYY fans calling in to the sports radio shows were advising against "buying" him for this very reason. They aren't very patient with players that don't play hard consistently, and he doesn't.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

My older brother is a huge Toronto Blues Jays fan.
So every year on the anniversary of this game I send him this picture. :lol:

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:58 pm My older brother is a huge Toronto Blues Jays fan.

Odor's stock went way up that day. i knew very little about him before that.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:58 pm My older brother is a huge Toronto Blues Jays fan.

Batista's homer and bat flip that initially caused the bad blood won me an Over...so I am a little torn. That was a great look for Odor though. Highlight of his career so far.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Meh. I'm sure the rest of the league will enjoy playing against the AAA Tigers.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Nascar had a race yesterday (Sat) at Tx Motor Speedway with no fans. Seating for around 500,000 and they had 0 fans at the race.

On that same day, across town, Lone Star Park opened up for horse racing. All of this shit just makes no logical sense.

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:47 pm Meh. I'm sure the rest of the league will enjoy playing against the AAA Tigers.
And the AA Pirates.
wut?
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Took me a minute but :lol: