MLB

Other people doing actual physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Re: MLB

Post by FSchmertz »

And the Mets Andrés Giménez is looking awfully good.

They had to release a statement that Amed Rosario is still the starting shortstop, but Andres is one slick fielder.

https://elitesportsny.com/2020/08/13/ne ... he-making/
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

R.D. you're going to be happy to have Tatis Jr. on your fantasy team tonight.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:46 am R.D. you're going to be happy to have Tatis Jr. on your fantasy team tonight.
Yeah, there's nothing like getting 7 RBI's from 1 guy! :D
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

So now there is controversy that Tatis Jr. shouldn't have hit that grand slam in the 8th. The score was 10-3 Pads, bases loaded, he had a 3-0 count and swung at the pitch resulting in an opposite field home run. The Rangers manager got pissed that he didn't take the pitch. Even the Pads manager said he should have taken the pitch.

This is bullshit to me. The Pads were 11-12 coming into this game, having lost 5 in a row, largely because their bullpen couldn't protect a lead. Their bullpen has an ERA over 6. There are several reasons why this "unrwritten" rule is b.s. First of all, this is a 60 game season where every single game means so much more. The Pads are trying to reverse ten years of futility, especially at the plate. Should they only try their best for 7 innings when they have a lead. Baseball is a business. Everything Tatis Jr. does that is a positive raises his personal and team monetary value. Things like leading MLB in homers and RBI lead to larger contracts, more viewership, merchandise sales, etc. If the Rangers want to quit after 7 innings they can forfeit, or make better pitches.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Regarding this:

If you don't want to be embarrassed, play better.

A whole lot of these "unwritten rules" are bullshit.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:46 am R.D. you're going to be happy to have Tatis Jr. on your fantasy team tonight.
So I just got another trade request for Tatis. (that's 5 now!)
This guy is willing to sell the farm!

His offer:
OF Louis Robert - (currently ranked #42 in fantasy baseball)
OF Bryce Harper - (currently ranked #10 in fantasy baseball)
SP Sonny Gray - 4 wins, 2.05 ERA, 0.91 WHIP (currently ranked #12 in fantasy baseball)
SP Merrill Kelly - 3 wins, 1.71 ERA, 0.92 WHIP (currently ranked #40 in fantasy baseball)

I'm weak in pitching so I may have to consider this one!
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:21 pm

His offer:
SP Sonny Gray - 4 wins, 2.05 ERA, 0.91 WHIP (currently ranked #12 in fantasy baseball)
SP Merrill Kelly - 3 wins, 1.71 ERA, 0.92 WHIP (currently ranked #40 in fantasy baseball)

sounds like the Herschel Walker trade.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:55 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:21 pm

His offer:

sounds like the Herschel Walker trade.
I need pitching and he knows it. Harper is a given. But I already have some good OF's so maybe I'll make a counter offer to dump Robert and ask for a top tier 1B or 3B.
Then I would have to figure out which 3 players I already have that I'm willing to dump.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

SLAM Diego. That is all.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Burn1dwn wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:37 pm SLAM Diego. That is all.
I don't know if it will last, but I'm enjoyinig it while I can.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

B-Tender wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:42 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:37 pm SLAM Diego. That is all.
I don't know if it will last, but I'm enjoyinig it while I can.
This team is fun to watch. Even when they had that losing streak, I didn't feel like the bottom was falling out.

Cronenworth is a great story for a 26 year old rookie. Glad the Pads gave him a chance. Would love to see what he can do on the mound sometime.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Holy fuck! The Padres are stacking the team!

"The San Diego Padres have agreed to acquire pitcher Mike Clevinger in a blockbuster deal with the Cleveland Indians

The deal marks the fifth trade since Saturday for the Padres, who have also acquired first baseman Mitch Moreland from Boston, catcher Austin Nola from Seattle, catcher Jason Castro from the Angels and closer Trevor Rosenthal from Kansas City."
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:56 pm Holy fuck! The Padres are stacking the team!

"The San Diego Padres have agreed to acquire pitcher Mike Clevinger in a blockbuster deal with the Cleveland Indians

The deal marks the fifth trade since Saturday for the Padres, who have also acquired first baseman Mitch Moreland from Boston, catcher Austin Nola from Seattle, catcher Jason Castro from the Angels and closer Trevor Rosenthal from Kansas City."
They are definitely going for it this year. Why not? Their infield is set. Clevinger has two more years under thumb while arbitration eligible. A corner outfielder with power and always more pitching are the main needs I see.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

B-Tender wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:27 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:56 pm Holy fuck! The Padres are stacking the team!

They are definitely going for it this year. Why not? Their infield is set. Clevinger has two more years under thumb while arbitration eligible. A corner outfielder with power and always more pitching are the main needs I see.
Nola can play corner outfield, 1B, 2B, 3B, DH, C... what a GREAT pickup. They can plug him in almost anywhere whenever they need.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:57 pm

Nola can play corner outfield, 1B, 2B, 3B, DH, C... what a GREAT pickup. They can plug him in almost anywhere whenever they need.
Are you a fan of the Padres or just a fan of the game commenting on a fast rising team?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

spudoc wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:25 pm

Are you a fan of the Padres or just a fan of the game commenting on a fast rising team?
I'm a fan of the game commenting on a fast rising team.

(I'm a Texas Rangers fan)
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:30 pm

Yeah I'd probably talk about somebody else if I were a Rangers fan.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

spudoc wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:35 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:30 pm

Yeah I'd probably talk about somebody else if I were a Rangers fan.
No shit.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

My fearless World Series prediction:

Chicago White Sox vs San Diego Padres
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Padres will be in the post-season for the first time in 14 years. It is a weird year all around.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:23 pm Padres will be in the post-season for the first time in 14 years. It is a weird year all around.
Tatis needs to break out of his slump ASAP.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:04 am
B-Tender wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:23 pm Padres will be in the post-season for the first time in 14 years. It is a weird year all around.
Tatis needs to break out of his slump ASAP.
Yep, hasn't been able to make pitchers pay for fastballs over the plate and ends up chasing a breaking ball way outside.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Hey Burn1down, you gonna be able to watch the game tomorrow?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

B-Tender wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:27 am Hey Burn1down, you gonna be able to watch the game tomorrow?
Unfortunately I had to finish an appt. during the first 3 inning. Heard a little in between homes on the radio. Leitner seemed like he was ready to hang himself in the third when they left the "Sheriff" (he has sucked since his little weird feud with Alonso last year) in too long. Sounded more depressed than I remember ever hearing him.

I am watching now in top of 4th, here for the comeback.