When will Democrats admit the Police aren't the Problem?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Re: When will Democrats admit the Police aren't the Problem?

Post by AnalHamster »

Flumper wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:51 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:47 pm
Deathproof wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:51 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:48 pm
Deathproof wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:39 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:30 am The police have not in fact been defunded. Minor point when seeking to blame something for something, but it kinda has to have happened already.

One factor may be petulance on the part of police not doing their jobs as effectively as a go slow protest against being held accountable for what they do, but it's one of a set. The surge in gun purchasing, the pandemic causing massive job losses and economic freefall, and the general perception that US society and institutions are breaking down into anarchy under the clown presidency. Then there's more speculative potential factors, just pulled from my ass here, but did your thriving and entrepeneurial drug dealing community manage to hold them corners during lockdown? Some fool try to take yo corner, yo knows yo gotta throw down.

I'd go with the surge in gun sales and the economic disaster as the prime movers behind the surge in gun violence, but it'll be a while before the evidence is in. One thing's for sure, no surge in gun violence in countries with proper gun control.
Because job loss necessarily leads to gun violence. You're a bright one. You know, because losing your job somehow means you are required to start shooting people.
You don't think there's a link between poverty and crime?
Of course there's a link. Criminality tends to lead to poverty. But poverty is not a causation for crime. It's not like being poor means you have to turn to crime. There are things called "jobs" that are remarkable solutions to poverty. The problem is that lazy and stupid people dont want to work, so they instead turn to crime.
Poverty doesnt lead to crime. Laziness and stupidity do.
I see, so all the people who go or are born into poverty were criminals first. Makes a lot of sense.
do you know what the word "all" even means?
Yes. If you need help with tricky words you only have to ask, you poor moron .
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

AnalHamster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:30 am The police have not in fact been defunded. Minor point when seeking to blame something for something, but it kinda has to have happened already.

One factor may be petulance on the part of police not doing their jobs as effectively as a go slow protest against being held accountable for what they do, but it's one of a set. The surge in gun purchasing, the pandemic causing massive job losses and economic freefall, and the general perception that US society and institutions are breaking down into anarchy under the clown presidency. Then there's more speculative potential factors, just pulled from my ass here, but did your thriving and entrepeneurial drug dealing community manage to hold them corners during lockdown? Some fool try to take yo corner, yo knows yo gotta throw down.

I'd go with the surge in gun sales and the economic disaster as the prime movers behind the surge in gun violence, but it'll be a while before the evidence is in. One thing's for sure, no surge in gun violence in countries with proper gun control.
Because job loss necessarily leads to gun violence. You're a bright one. You know, because losing your job somehow means you are required to start shooting people.
Of course there's a link. Criminality tends to lead to poverty. But poverty is not a causation for crime. It's not like being poor means you have to turn to crime. There are things called "jobs" that are remarkable solutions to poverty. The problem is that lazy and stupid people dont want to work, so they instead turn to crime.
I see, so all the people who go or are born into poverty were criminals first. Makes a lot of sense.
Not even remotely what I said. I cant tell if you're being deliberately stupid or if you just lack basic reading comprehension skills.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Go to the 7:00 mark to see these peaceful protesters engaging the police that came out to investigate a multiple shooting.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:57 pm

Not even remotely what I said. I cant tell if you're being deliberately stupid or if you just lack basic reading comprehension skills.
Well let's walk you through it. You concede a link between poverty and crime, but deny poverty is a cause of crime because you assert the crime comes first and leads to poverty. Can you follow that?
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

AnalHamster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Well let's walk you through it. You concede a link between poverty and crime, but deny poverty is a cause of crime because you assert the crime comes first and leads to poverty. Can you follow that?
I said crime tends to lead to poverty. Nowhere did I say that poverty is caused by crime. And nowhere did I say that all poverty is the result of crime.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:07 pm
I said crime tends to lead to poverty. Nowhere did I say that poverty is caused by crime. And nowhere did I say that all poverty is the result of crime.
So poverty is linked to crime but the only way you can link them is to say the crime comes first and causes the poverty because it can't be the other way around?
Takes us back to my first mocking comment.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

AnalHamster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:11 pm

So poverty is linked to crime but the only way you can link them is to say the crime comes first and causes the poverty because it can't be the other way around?
You're in no position to mock. The only way to link them is to say the crime comes first. Because while crime often -- not always, but usually -- leads to poverty as an unavoidable result, poverty does not lead to crime.

The difference is in the chain of events. In scenario 1, a moron commits a crime and goes to jail. If he had a job, he likely loses it. Then, when he is released, he now has a criminal record and it is harder for him to get a job, and thus he likely earns no money and becomes pov. Ergo, crime led to poverty.
In scenario 2, a man in poverty doesnt have to turn to crime. He can instead go get a fucking job, which is the better response to poverty.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:55 pm
You're in no position to mock. The only way to link them is to say the crime comes first. Because while crime often -- not always, but usually -- leads to poverty as an unavoidable result, poverty does not lead to crime.

The difference is in the chain of events. In scenario 1, a moron commits a crime and goes to jail. If he had a job, he likely loses it. Then, when he is released, he now has a criminal record and it is harder for him to get a job, and thus he likely earns no money and becomes pov. Ergo, crime led to poverty.
In scenario 2, a man in poverty doesnt have to turn to crime. He can instead go get a fucking job, which is the better response to poverty.
Poverty does lead to crime. This is really not a controversial statement.

Your declaration that you know crime leads to poverty but poverty does not lead to crime is political dimwittery, not an evidence based assertion. A man in poverty doesn't have to turn to crime, he's just more likely to.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

AnalHamster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:24 pm

Your declaration that you know crime leads to poverty but poverty does not lead to crime is political dimwittery, not an evidence based assertion. A man in poverty doesn't have to turn to crime, he's just more likely to.
Except poverty doesn't lead to crime. The choice to turn to crime is what leads to crime. That's all. That's just a fact. To say otherwise is to imply there is no other option.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:28 pm

Except poverty doesn't lead to crime. The choice to turn to crime is what leads to crime. That's all. That's just a fact. To say otherwise is to imply there is no other option.
Do you think people in poverty are more or less likely to turn to crime? :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:31 pm
since they were likely raised by criminals that ended up in poverty, yes.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

AnalHamster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:31 pm
Deathproof wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:28 pm

More likely. However, that isnt because they're pov. More than likely, they turn to crime because they're fucking lazy, which is probably how they became pov as well.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Those raised in a culture that puts crime before education tend to live the "thug life".

Funny how that works...
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Remember that Democrat HQ that got burned down and everybody blamed conservatives? Turns out it was a former volunteer staffer that worked there. WHOOPSIE!

Phoenix Police Make Arrest in Connection With Fire at Democratic Party Headquarters
https://www.phoenix.gov/newsroom/police/1428

"The Phoenix Police Department has​ arrested a man in connection with a fire at the Maricopa County Democratic Party office building.

Matthew Egler was arrested Wednesday morning on arson charges. The 29-year-old was a former volunteer at the office but had recently been banned from continued volunteer service"

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Gee, wonder why he was banned
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Another example of the Democrats and the Taliban being on the same page.

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Fighting racism just became a little more difficult:
Samsung Television Block works as follows:

A TV blocking system has been activated on Samsung television sets stolen from our warehouse
The blocking will come into effect when the user of a stolen television connects to the internet, in order to operate the television
Once connected, the serial number of the television is identified on the Samsung server and the blocking system is implemented, disabling all the television functions
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I wonder why this story didn't get more coverage?