Kansas City's Super Bowl ring is a winner!

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Kansas City's Super Bowl ring is a winner!

Post by Reservoir Dog »

That's a darn good looking Super Bowl ring!

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Re: Kansas City's Super Bowl ring is a winner!

Post by Reservoir Dog »

BigRedRetard wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:45 pm I got to wear Tony Siragusa's Super Bowl ring.
Cool!
Baltimore Ravens wasn't it?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

BigRedRetard wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:14 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:52 pm
BigRedRetard wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:45 pm I got to wear Tony Siragusa's Super Bowl ring.
Cool!
Yes. The ring was HUGE!
i would like to see the casting and making process. every single ring has a different name carved in it. I wonder if that is done by hand?
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Flumper wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:18 pm
Cool!
Yes. The ring was HUGE!
i would like to see the casting and making process. every single ring has a different name carved in it. I wonder if that is done by hand?
Probably done by the lost wax method. Ring blanks having everything except name and player number made in bulk then the details added then everything cast in gold in multiple
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:48 pm
Cool!
Yes. The ring was HUGE!
Probably done by the lost wax method. Ring blanks having everything except name and player number made in bulk then the details added then everything cast in gold in multiple
cast in gold? they aren't solid gold?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Cool!
Yes. The ring was HUGE!
Watch the first 8 minutes.

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:54 pm
Cool!
Yes. The ring was HUGE!
Watch the first 8 minutes.

damn, that was educational. I had no fucking idea that rings were made up in pieces. It makes sense though, I have always felt that my college ring had a top layer that felt as though it was separate. as it ages and the gold wears, there appears to be a seam.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

I had a guy come into the bar about 10 years ago. He was with some regulars and I started talking to him. He was a big guy, looked like an ex-jock. He was wearing a huge ring and I asked him if it was a Super Bowl ring. He said yep, took it off and tossed it to me. That sucker was heavy. Turns out he was a back up tight end on the Redskins team that won in Jan 1988. From what I've read, rings now are almost twice as ornate as the one he had. I couldn't imagine wearing it in public. Probably good for attention though.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

I've always had a strange fascination with championship rings. I don't know what it is. Football, baseball, hockey... it doesn't matter. I think they are works of art.
And if you think political squabbling on internet forums gets bad, just check out a best/worst championship rings debates on a sports forum! It can get brutal! Lives get threatened!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:50 pm I've always had a strange fascination with championship rings. I don't know what it is. Football, baseball, hockey... it doesn't matter. I think they are works of art.
And if you think political squabbling on internet forums gets bad, just check out a best/worst championship rings debates on a sports forum! It can get brutal! Lives get threatened!
it is the amount of symbolism they try to pack into such a small canvas. If you make a monument you usually have an entire city block or a park or something large. But for a Super Bowl ring, you have to pack a summary of that year and that moment of history into one piece of jewelry worn on one finger.