It's beginning.

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

It's beginning.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

The Tennessee Titans and Minnesota Vikings have closed their camps due to positive Covid-19 tests.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/300 ... e-covid-19
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: It's beginning.

Post by Animal »

doesn't sound too bad yet.

Zero positive tests for the Vikings, they are just doing it because they played Tennessee this week.

Tennessee has 3 players and 5 staff and none of them are symptomatic. Honestly, I'm surprised that we are at week 3 and this is the first of it.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:21 pm doesn't sound too bad yet.

Zero positive tests for the Vikings, they are just doing it because they played Tennessee this week.

Tennessee has 3 players and 5 staff and none of them are symptomatic. Honestly, I'm surprised that we are at week 3 and this is the first of it.
The Vikings are at zero because they are still testing and don't have any results back yet. They could have zero... they could have 15. No one knows yet.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:32 pm
Flumper wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:21 pm doesn't sound too bad yet.

The Vikings are at zero because they are still testing and don't have any results back yet. They could have zero... they could have 15. No one knows yet.
it will be an interesting outcome. To see how contagious a virus is during a game setting. I need to find out who the 3 positive Titan players were to see how much game time they got and who they would have been in closest contact with.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

I thought the MLB did a pretty good job dealing with things. It gives me confidence that the NFL will also.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Interesting protocol for returning after testing positive:

Players who test positive for COVID-19 and remain asymptomatic can return 10 days after the test or after five days with two consecutive negative tests within a five-day period. Those who show symptoms can return 10 days after the symptoms first appear and 72 hours have passed since any symptoms have ended.

Wow, i've been holding my guys to 3 weeks after the first test. CDC was saying 2 weeks, but that seemed so short to me. Now, the NFL is going with 10 days? I'm sure that's right, it just seems so short.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:42 pm I thought the MLB did a pretty good job dealing with things. It gives me confidence that the NFL will also.
MLB is not a full-contact sport.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Flumper wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:44 pmWow, i've been holding my guys to 3 weeks after the first test. CDC was saying 2 weeks, but that seemed so short to me. Now, the NFL is going with 10 days? I'm sure that's right, it just seems so short.
Are you testing your guys every day after a positive? because that is what Pro sports do, that is how Jimmy Johnson NASCAR got back in just a couple days, it is the 2 or 3 consecutive negative everybody is banking on. The real issue not being addressed at least at the media level is the seemingly large number of false positives, which has led to the daily testing and the consecutive neg allowing pro players back to work. It is all dollars at work here, player safety is about 4 on the NFL list of importance.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:07 pm
Flumper wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:44 pmWow, i've been holding my guys to 3 weeks after the first test. CDC was saying 2 weeks, but that seemed so short to me. Now, the NFL is going with 10 days? I'm sure that's right, it just seems so short.
Are you testing your guys every day after a positive? because that is what Pro sports do, that is how Jimmy Johnson NASCAR got back in just a couple days, it is the 2 or 3 consecutive negative everybody is banking on. The real issue not being addressed at least at the media level is the seemingly large number of false positives, which has led to the daily testing and the consecutive neg allowing pro players back to work. It is all dollars at work here, player safety is about 4 on the NFL list of importance.
I tried using tests, but it was a waste of time and money. every single test was positive. weeks after they were better they still tested positive. the lab guys explained that it takes a long time to flush every single dead virus cell out of your system, and those tests pick up any virus, dead or alive.

so, i just started using 3 weeks after the first positive test and no symptoms for at least a week. and i make them sign a form saying all of that. mostly just so all employees know everything is at least trying to be on the up and up. people can always lie.