Dak Prescott

Other people doing physical activities

Moderator: hawkfan8812

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Dak Prescott

Post by FSchmertz »

Out for the year with an obvious broken leg (seemed to be near the ankle)

P.S. I'd post a picture, but it was almost as gross as Alex Smith's :front:
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Re: Dak Prescott

Post by B-Tender »

What was the contract he passed up? Something like $34M for 4 years?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

B-Tender wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:22 pm What was the contract he passed up? Something like $34M for 4 years?
Pretty sure he'll do okay in the long run.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

FSchmertz wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:09 pm Out for the year with an obvious broken leg (seemed to be near the ankle)

P.S. I'd post a picture, but it was almost as gross as Alex Smith's :front:
1 second video moment- season over. Dalton just took them to the win. And will maybe to the playoffs. The Cowboy's obsession with marque players is just dumb as shit
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:51 pm
B-Tender wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:22 pm What was the contract he passed up? Something like $34M for 4 years?
Maybe, hard to believe his market value will ever be at that level again.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

B-Tender wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:00 am
I'd think he'd have taken out insurance this year though. He was taking a risk taking the one year money, and that seems to be the normal procedure.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

FSchmertz wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:05 am
I'd think he'd have taken out insurance this year though. He was taking a risk taking the one year money, and that seems to be the normal procedure.
He has insurance and endorsement deals worth $50 million. He's gonna be okay.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:13 am
Not really the point though. He was trying to be elite. He may end up being the next Teddy Bridgewater.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

B-Tender wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:18 am
Not really the point though. He was trying to be elite. He may end up being the next Teddy Bridgewater.
You brought up the contract he passed up. I thought we were talking about money.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:34 am

You brought up the contract he passed up. I thought we were talking about money.
I was referring to top tier level. He shouldn't ever have to worry about money with what he has already earned, but he turned down a $175M contract.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

B-Tender wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:37 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:34 am

I was referring to top tier level. He shouldn't ever have to worry about money with what he has already earned, but he turned down a $175M contract.
Dak asked for a no franchise tag clause but Jerry Jones said no. So the deal fell apart.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

He's scheduled for surgery tomorrow
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Dak is a bit fortunate that he even got a starting job. He wasn't drafted high and he wasn't particularly looked at as a great player coming out of college. Dallas took him in the 4th round without even really wanting him that year. Then Romo gets hurt AND Kellen Moore gets hurt. Dak, the 3rd QB who didn't know how to call a play in the huddle and had never (hardly ever) taken a snap from under center, gets a starting shot.

Things could have turned out that Dak was on a bench behind 2 other QB's for several years without getting a chance to play. He did pretty good to be getting the money he's getting right now.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Flumper wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:29 pm Dak is a bit fortunate that he even got a starting job. He wasn't drafted high and he wasn't particularly looked at as a great player coming out of college. Dallas took him in the 4th round without even really wanting him that year. Then Romo gets hurt AND Kellen Moore gets hurt. Dak, the 3rd QB who didn't know how to call a play in the huddle and had never (hardly ever) taken a snap from under center, gets a starting shot.

Things could have turned out that Dak was on a bench behind 2 other QB's for several years without getting a chance to play. He did pretty good to be getting the money he's getting right now.
I'm sure you know but Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.

I saw a couple years ago that 6 starting QBS were drafted 4th or later. That seemed like a high number to me. Lots of things have to go well for a player drafted that late to be given the keys to a team.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:38 pm
Flumper wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:29 pm Dak is a bit fortunate that he even got a starting job. He wasn't drafted high and he wasn't particularly looked at as a great player coming out of college. Dallas took him in the 4th round without even really wanting him that year. Then Romo gets hurt AND Kellen Moore gets hurt. Dak, the 3rd QB who didn't know how to call a play in the huddle and had never (hardly ever) taken a snap from under center, gets a starting shot.

I saw a couple years ago that 6 starting QBS were drafted 4th or later. That seemed like a high number to me. Lots of things have to go well for a player drafted that late to be given the keys to a team.
And one compound fracture may mean no $175M contract. I'm all for players going for the most amount of money they can get. It's a business after all. I just think Dak and his team were a bit unreasonable. I think $35/5 yrs was a good market value for him. He was a top 10, maybe top 5 qb, not top 2.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:42 pm

And one compound fracture may mean no $175M contract. I'm all for players going for the most amount of money they can get. It's a business after all. I just think Dak and his team were a bit unreasonable. I think $35/5 yrs was a good market value for him. He was a top 10, maybe top 5 qb, not top 2.
I'm still old school enough to think that you don't "bargain your way" to being #2. You play your way to being #2 and then you "bargain". Its as much the owners fault for going along with it, but thank god for the salary cap so they at least have some kind of constraint to work within. For a fan, that at least makes it somewhat of a strategic game when it comes to salaries and players.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Flumper wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:19 pm
B-Tender wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:42 pm

I'm still old school enough to think that you don't "bargain your way" to being #2. You play your way to being #2 and then you "bargain". Its as much the owners fault for going along with it, but thank god for the salary cap so they at least have some kind of constraint to work within. For a fan, that at least makes it somewhat of a strategic game when it comes to salaries and players.
Yep, the owners have been their own worst enemies when it comes to salaries. The cap is the only thing saving them from themselves.