Biden's Stock Market - 31,164 on Day 1.

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Re: Biden's Stock Market - 31,164 on Day 1.

Post by B-Tender »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:13 pm
B-Tender wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:08 pm Hopefully not just a dead cat bounce.
i was warned, when this first started, that if it was really going to be a bear market, we should expect several bounce back places along the way and not to get tricked into thinking it had bottomed out yet. Obviously, the only way to really know is in hindsight. So, who knows. But I won't be surprised to see another bad run. They typically start mid week and then drop a bunch on Friday's. When everyone wants to be out in case something bad hapens on the week-end.

but, there are a lot of good outcomes waiting to break in the news. The war ending in Ukraine, Putin being killed or ousted, the Republicans winning the house and senate back, etc. any, or all, of those will have a big upside, I think.
I agree, and I still have more than ten years left before I retire, so I'm not too worried about the market coming back right away. I make systematic purchases, and know that bear markets are necessary, and don't last forever.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:18 pm
i was warned, when this first started, that if it was really going to be a bear market, we should expect several bounce back places along the way and not to get tricked into thinking it had bottomed out yet. Obviously, the only way to really know is in hindsight. So, who knows. But I won't be surprised to see another bad run. They typically start mid week and then drop a bunch on Friday's. When everyone wants to be out in case something bad hapens on the week-end.

but, there are a lot of good outcomes waiting to break in the news. The war ending in Ukraine, Putin being killed or ousted, the Republicans winning the house and senate back, etc. any, or all, of those will have a big upside, I think.
I agree, and I still have more than ten years left before I retire, so I'm not too worried about the market coming back right away. I make systematic purchases, and know that bear markets are necessary, and don't last forever.
oh, we were WAYYYYY past due for a bear market correction. And the speed the market recovered after Covid blew my mind. I would have lost a huge bet that it would take more than a few months to gain that all back, especially with half the country still shut down.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

You should sleep well with that attitude. My threshold is more like 5 years. No bonds. Just stocks and cash and coffee can of bullion. Very small coffee can.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Charliesheen wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:36 am

You should sleep well with that attitude. My threshold is more like 5 years. No bonds. Just stocks and cash and coffee can of bullion. Very small coffee can.
Now where could you possibly keep a small can of gold to keep it safe?
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

stonedmegman wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:18 am
Charliesheen wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:36 am

Now where could you possibly keep a small can of gold to keep it safe?
Where you don’t tell anybody else
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Looks like the GOP picked up another 3 seats. Lets fucking go!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:25 pm Looks like the GOP picked up another 3 seats. Lets fucking go!
from the looks of things, the GOP will win back the house (and put that fucking Pelosi on ice, again). But, the senate looks to stay democratic. Hershel Walker was the wrong guy to put in that pivotal spot.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Dang. and we have to follow this bounding ball all of the way to Nov 2 when the Fed has their next meeting. That seems so far away.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:02 pm30038.72
i am hoping this was a turning point. all bad news on the inflation numbers that came out today. but right now, bad news seems to be good news for the market.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:17 pm30,182.82
i think the "red wave" is fixing to start lifting the market. I noticed today that the House is pretty much a 100% chance it will flip to republican. And then the Senate is gradually beginning to move back toward a toss up. Herschel is gaining on Warnock and Fetterman is having hell with this stroke stuff going around. If he does a debate that might be the end of him.

That race has moved from 70/30 (dem/rep) to 65/35 in the past few days. Either Georgia or Pennsylvania flipping is going to be the only hope there.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:21 pm
i think the "red wave" is fixing to start lifting the market. I noticed today that the House is pretty much a 100% chance it will flip to republican. And then the Senate is gradually beginning to move back toward a toss up. Herschel is gaining on Warnock and Fetterman is having hell with this stroke stuff going around. If he does a debate that might be the end of him.

That race has moved from 70/30 (dem/rep) to 65/35 in the past few days. Either Georgia or Pennsylvania flipping is going to be the only hope there.
I'm wondering, if just like after Trump won, the market will see an undeniable jump after the Dim destruction.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

You know damn well that Fetterman isn't going to debate. Like most liberals, his ideas and policies are indefensible. He's adopting the Sippy Cup tactic of hiding in a bunker until election day.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Deathproof wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:44 am

You know damn well that Fetterman isn't going to debate. Like most liberals, his ideas and policies are indefensible. He's adopting the Sippy Cup tactic of hiding in a bunker until election day.
fetterman's biggest problem with a debate is that he has to use a teleprompter now. his stroke has seriously diminished his capacity to keep his thoughts together.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:56 am

I'm wondering, if just like after Trump won, the market will see an undeniable jump after the Dim destruction.
i don't think there is any doubt about that. the market will start rallying once wall street decides what they think the election outcome will be. And since the republicans are generally pro business and lower taxes, the market rallies if republicans are going to win. Or if republicans are going to win a branch that can stop the democrats from raising taxes and spending money.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:39 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:56 am

i don't think there is any doubt about that. the market will start rallying once wall street decides what they think the election outcome will be. And since the republicans are generally pro business and lower taxes, the market rallies if republicans are going to win. Or if republicans are going to win a branch that can stop the democrats from raising taxes and spending money.
No question.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Animal wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:37 pm
Deathproof wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:44 am

fetterman's biggest problem with a debate is that he has to use a teleprompter now. his stroke has seriously diminished his capacity to keep his thoughts together.
That's a secondary issue. The bigger problem is that the policies he wants to implement are terrible, dangerous, and utterly indefensible. And he knows it, which is why he will not debate. He knows his ideas won't stand up to even basic scrutiny.

Inability to present his thought coherently is only a minor handicap, as we know from watching Sippy Cup's supporters blindly defend his addle-brained, demented gibbering.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden