I was told there is no crisis

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Tragic
Forum Regular

I was told there is no crisis

Post by Tragic »

at the border!

Someone better tell the New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/05/us/b ... rease.html
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Re: I was told there is no crisis

Post by AnalHamster »

Tragic wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:47 pm at the border!

Someone better tell the New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/05/us/b ... rease.html
You understand you're basing your post on the reporting of the NYT? You should try reading the full article.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Diverted by new restrictions at many of the leading ports of entry, migrant families, mainly from Central America, continue to arrive in ever-larger groups in remote parts of Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. At least 70 such groups of 100 or more people have turned themselves in at Border Patrol stations that typically are staffed by only a handful of agents, often hours away from civilization.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:54 pm
Washington Post: Border Rush May Hit 100,000 Migrants in March

Neil Munro

The cross-border migrant inflow may reach 100,000 people in March, according to the Washington Post.

“The number of migrants taken into custody last year jumped 39 percent from February to March, and a similar increase this month would push levels to 100,000 detentions or more,” the Washington Post reported March 4. The paper continued:

U.S. court restrictions on the government’s ability to keep children in immigration jails — and the sheer volume of people arriving — have left Homeland Security agencies [on the border] defaulting increasingly to the overflow model Trump deplores as “catch-and-release.”

An inflow of 100,000 per month brings migration up towards the levels encouraged by former President George W. Bush before his economic bubble and 2008 crash.
There is no crisis. There is no crisis. There is no crisis. There is no crisis. There is no crisis
There is no crisis. There is no crisis. There is no crisis. There is no crisis. There is no crisis
That is correct.

Numbers under Bush, Obama and Trump-
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:02 pm So will you let the rest of know if and when there is a crisis? Cant think of anyone better than someone across the pond to tell the rest of us what we see with our own eyes. Thanks
Well on your terms the crisis started in 1971 and has continued to this day, when trump noticed. Dumbass.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Biker wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:54 pm
Washington Post: Border Rush May Hit 100,000 Migrants in March

Neil Munro

The cross-border migrant inflow may reach 100,000 people in March, according to the Washington Post.

“The number of migrants taken into custody last year jumped 39 percent from February to March, and a similar increase this month would push levels to 100,000 detentions or more,” the Washington Post reported March 4. The paper continued:

U.S. court restrictions on the government’s ability to keep children in immigration jails — and the sheer volume of people arriving — have left Homeland Security agencies [on the border] defaulting increasingly to the overflow model Trump deplores as “catch-and-release.”

An inflow of 100,000 per month brings migration up towards the levels encouraged by former President George W. Bush before his economic bubble and 2008 crash.
Why didn't he declare the emergency last March then?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Elections have consequences
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Wait? What?... Now the Trumptards believe the New York Times? Haven't they spent the last 3 years saying it was fake news?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:42 pm Relax, people. Hammy will tell us when its a crisis. He got dis
No need to worry, Trump admitted it wasn't an emergency while declaring it was an emergency and you believe everything he says so you can relax.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:52 pm
analhamster wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:49 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:42 pm Relax, people. Hammy will tell us when its a crisis. He got dis
No need to worry, Trump admitted it wasn't an emergency while declaring it was an emergency and you believe everything he says so you can relax.
While youre at it, can you give me the status of the construction taking place on Hwy 121 North? Its been a bitch to get to my fav ramen joint

TIA
Ask Trump when the next infrastructure week is
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:52 pm
analhamster wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:49 pm
While youre at it, can you give me the status of the construction taking place on Hwy 121 North? Its been a bitch to get to my fav ramen joint

TIA
Sure, because being well informed about a national debate and watching a presidential press conference where he hung you ballwashers out to dry by shooting himself in the foot naturally means I'm following such international controversies as holdups on road construction locally nationwide. What a fine argument you have there that doesn't at all just signal that you're running away as usual.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

If 100,000 people trying to enter your country illegally within a 3 month span shouldn't be considered a crisis, what would be?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

An executive overstepping his authority and undermining the supreme law of my country
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:32 am An executive overstepping his authority and undermining the supreme law of my country
Of course.
100,000 unskilled, uneducated and poor people in a 3 month span overwhelming our border resources? Meh.

ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!!!! Me no likey!!!! Trump is Hitler.

Ever the Loyal Soldier. It's ok to acknowledge there's a problem and still hate the evil orange man. It's possible to do both, you know. Lolz
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Poor lad is cracking up
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:40 am Poor lad is cracking up
Is 100,000 people trying to enter our country illegally and overwhelming our system a problem yes or no?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:30 am If 100,000 people trying to enter your country illegally within a 3 month span shouldn't be considered a crisis, what would be?
It's not a crisis. You just want it to be.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:30 am If 100,000 people trying to enter your country illegally within a 3 month span shouldn't be considered a crisis, what would be?
The bulk of them are actually just getting a toe across then waiting for border patrol to request asylum, and the reason they're doing that is Trump choosing to shut down asylum claims at ports of entry. It's a trump manufactured crisis and the solution, which congress was happy to fund, is providing more resources for immigration detention centres and courts.

Do you think there's been an emergency since 1971? Are you aware that even trump accidentally admitted that it's not really an emergency now?
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:43 am
Is 100,000 people trying to enter our country illegally and overwhelming our system a problem yes or no?
It's a problem but it's not a national emergency nor a crisis.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:43 am
Problem? Yes. National Emergency requiring the theft of funds and subverting the constitution? NO
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

analhamster wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:46 am
The bulk of them are actually just getting a toe across then waiting for border patrol to request asylum, and the reason they're doing that is Trump choosing to shut down asylum claims at ports of entry. It's a trump manufactured crisis and the solution, which congress was happy to fund, is providing more resources for immigration detention centres and courts.

Do you think there's been an emergency since 1971? Are you aware that even trump accidentally admitted that it's not really an emergency now?
Yes, it was a bigger problem then and it's still a problem now. You can spin it however you want: 100,000 people in a 3 month span trying to enter our country illegally is a problem.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:49 am

Yes, it was a bigger problem then and it's still a problem now. You can spin it however you want: 100,000 people in a 3 month span trying to enter our country illegally is a problem.
Is it a crisis? Does it rise to the level of national emergency? You know it doesn't but those orange balls are so delicious. Am I right?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

You would think Cheezy made the campaign promise lol
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

spudoc wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:52 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:49 am

Is it a crisis? Does it rise to the level of national emergency? You know it doesn't but those orange balls are so delicious. Am I right?
I think it rises to level of a big fucking problem. And so do you. I guess it depends on what your view of a "crisis" is. No matter how you view the situation it is finally being featured prominently in the national discourse.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

captquint wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:55 am You would think Cheezy made the campaign promise lol
To be fair, with him living in Michigan and having illegals scurrying through his yard as they cross the border, it's an issue that is close to him.