Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Post a highlight

Post by Animal »

saltydog wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:20 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:50 pm
8-TrackJones wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:11 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:31 pm
8-TrackJones wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:22 pm "Low and outside" is an understatement...

Holy fuck!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Turns out the umpire was suspended for the call.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/basebal ... ne9n8xtwob
that umpire was obviously trying to setting some score he had against that team or that player. it would be nice to know the backstory of what they did to get him that worked up.
It's not as in depth as you'd think. The reaction by the hitter on the previous pitch is a huge no-no. There's zero tolerance for "showing up" the umpire in higher levels of baseball (College and above). The final call was retribution for the batter hopping around and acting like a child.
That would have been my first thought, too. Except previous pitch was pretty poorly called. So, I would bet the grudge between batter and umpire goes back before this at bat.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

I hope missing those umpire paychecks was worth the petty revenge.

P.S. Way too many umpires think the game's all about them
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

I've watched 3 games this whole Tournament. SDSU, Arizona losing as a 2. And this Purdue game. Upsets are great TV.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:12 am I've watched 3 games this whole Tournament. SDSU, Arizona losing as a 2. And this Purdue game. Upsets are great TV.
Purdue's been knocked out by a double digit seeded opponent the last three years.

Oof.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

saltydog wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:29 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:12 am I've watched 3 games this whole Tournament. SDSU, Arizona losing as a 2. And this Purdue game. Upsets are great TV.
Purdue's been knocked out by a double digit seeded opponent the last three years.

Oof.
If I were to guess an upset at #1, it would've been Purdue. They had a habit of losing games that people said they shouldn't

They're just not that good IMO
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Whoa! That's gonna be 10 games!
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
8-TrackJones
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:14 pm Whoa! That's gonna be 10 games!
Nah Rob Manfred is a softy. 5 games plus a fine...

Klaatu ......Barada .......Ncoughcoughcough.........Necktie.........Nickel.....
8-TrackJones

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Wow!

8-TrackJones

Post by 8-TrackJones »

I've never seen this before in a game. Odor trying to score from 3rd misses plate as he collided with catcher Travis d'Arnaud . The runner from 2nd also comes around and scores. But Odor missed the plate the first time. The video doesn't show it but Odor then goes back to touch home plate after the runner from second had already scored.. So Odor's run didn't count as he was called out on the challenge. Watching the game in real time I didn't notice he missed the plate. That was a crazy play.

FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

8-TrackJones wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:41 am I've never seen this before in a game. Odor trying to score from 3rd misses plate as he collided with catcher Travis d'Arnaud . The runner from 2nd also comes around and scores. But Odor missed the plate the first time. The video doesn't show it but Odor then goes back to touch home plate after the runner from second had already scored.. So Odor's run didn't count as he was called out on the challenge. Watching the game in real time I didn't notice he missed the plate. That was a crazy play.

So would neither run count if Odor was the third out?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

8-TrackJones wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:14 am Wow!

Manny deserved to be rung up and tossed, I heard he called the ump a douchebag.

That said, if the ump gets a buzz at 8 seconds and the batter has a timeout left it should be a timeout instead of a strike IMO. Maybe they can tinker with the rule this off season.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

FSchmertz wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:45 pm
8-TrackJones wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:41 am I've never seen this before in a game. Odor trying to score from 3rd misses plate as he collided with catcher Travis d'Arnaud . The runner from 2nd also comes around and scores. But Odor missed the plate the first time. The video doesn't show it but Odor then goes back to touch home plate after the runner from second had already scored.. So Odor's run didn't count as he was called out on the challenge. Watching the game in real time I didn't notice he missed the plate. That was a crazy play.

So would neither run count if Odor was the third out?
Yes. And it would have been the 3rd out if
Cronenworth didn't jar the ball loose on his slide to the plate the run before on Odor's hit. It was a crazy inning at the plate for d'Arnaud. He got rocked twice and should have given up 3.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

I went to Giants’ opening day. A little over 2hrs as I can recall. Beers are $15.65 and nobody takes cash.

Took the ferry from across the bay in Marin. Just about a perfect day. Except we lost on too few hits and two dingers. Duffy got a nice little ovation.

For your time:

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

I will never understand why people can't invest 3 hours in a baseball game.
8-TrackJones

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Braves will be happy to see the Pods leave town. Yeah, they won the opener Thursday night but have been straight trash these last 3 games. The lefty rookie Dodd won his first start against St. Louis last week. But tonight can't get a left hander out to save his life. His splits are in favor of left-handed batters tonight. But Nelson Cruz sent one to the moon for good measure. It's brutal early.

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Nelson signed for 1 million. He has to be the best bargain in baseball so far this year.

Sucks d'Arnaud got a concussion. I was thinking about that play. The umpire didn't call Odor out for almost 2 min after the score. The pitcher had to step off and throw the ball to catcher and officially appeal. So do this mean if the Braves didn't do that, the umpire was going to allow the wrong call?
8-TrackJones

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:40 am Nelson signed for 1 million. He has to be the best bargain in baseball so far this year.

Sucks d'Arnaud got a concussion. I was thinking about that play. The umpire didn't call Odor out for almost 2 min after the score. The pitcher had to step off and throw the ball to catcher and officially appeal. So do this mean if the Braves didn't do that, the umpire was going to allow the wrong call?
Snitker went out and talked to the umpire right afterward. If Odor doesn't go back and touch home plate I don't know if anything would have been said. The fact that he went back to touch meant he knew he didn't get it the first time. Like i said before watching it live I didn't notice he missed it. If they don't appeal maybe you get that other run. It's up to the team to realize stuff like that as it's happening. It looked like both runs were scored. What started it is when Odor went back to make sure he touched the plate. At that point, I think the Braves realized they may have had a case for appeal as the runner at second had touched it first. And I think if you don't appeal the umps won't help. Well, I've never seen it. Most times appeals are for runners that leave earlier on sacrifices. Again I don't know what the rule says. But I would appeal to see. It either works or it doesn't.
8-TrackJones

Post by 8-TrackJones »

119 mph off the bat...

8-TrackJones

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Hitting like Vlad 😂😂 Ahmed gets a double off bounced ball..

8-TrackJones

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Didn't see this coming...

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Bertuzzi setting the bar high for the playoffs on a team with Marchand.