Bad day for Boeing

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Bad day for Boeing

Post by AnalHamster »

No investigation results yet, but the circumstances appear to be identical to the Lion Air flight taken down by their new safety system. Seems like an odd engineering choice to me, you have the option of either sounding a little buzzer and having a robot voice say 'lower the nose fucktard', or putting in a system that will force the plane into a sudden dive and keep actively fighting the pilots until they either follow a long complicated series of steps while fighting the plane, or die.

I'm staying the fuck clear of their Max 8 model. Airbus ftw.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Bad day for Boeing

Post by CaptQuint »

I always said if it's not boeing, I'm not going. Might have to rethink that one.

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Couple of times I've been on a flight when they told us it was a brand new plane. I prefer a plane with some hours on it.
Last edited by VinceBordenIII on Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:52 pm Couple of times I've been on a flight when they told us it was a brand new plane. I prefer a plane with some hours on it.
I'd say it's not the new planes you need to be wary of so much as the new models. Even with boeing's Auto Kamikaze (TM) system there are hundreds of these planes in service and they must have made tens of thousands of flights without problems. I'd take a brand new plane of a time tested proven design rather than one with some miles on it that was in the first wave of a new design.

Still, they're easily going to weather it. Probably a good time to buy boeing coming up, between when they admit the Auto Kamikaze (TM) got another one and when they announce they have a retrofit to fix it, which I'd assume is just a programming change.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

analhamster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:37 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:52 pm Couple of times I've been on a flight when they told us it was a brand new plane. I prefer a plane with some hours on it.
I'd say it's not the new planes you need to be wary of so much as the new models. Even with boeing's Auto Kamikaze (TM) system there are hundreds of these planes in service and they must have made tens of thousands of flights without problems. I'd take a brand new plane of a time tested proven design rather than one with some miles on it that was in the first wave of a new design.

Still, they're easily going to weather it. Probably a good time to buy boeing coming up, between when they admit the Auto Kamikaze (TM) got another one and when they announce they have a retrofit to fix it, which I'd assume is just a programming change.
https://www.kansas.com/news/business/av ... 17009.html
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I always have a fleeting thought just before take off. This is where I die.
I blame Biker.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Stapes wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:51 pm I always have a fleeting thought just before take off. This is where I die.
Yep, same here.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Pilot training doesn't help if Boeing doesn't tell pilots there is a kamikaze mode
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

The pilot had 8000 hours, but it's probably a little tricky to run a multipoint checklist with alarms blaring whilst fighting the aircraft which is overriding your inputs in a determined attempt to dive nose first into the ground.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:52 pm
analhamster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:47 pm The pilot had 8000 hours, but it's probably a little tricky to run a multipoint checklist with alarms blaring whilst fighting the aircraft which is overriding your inputs in a determined attempt to dive nose first into the ground.
Pilot isn’t the first officer
The First Officer is literally second in command to The Captain
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

analhamster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:47 pm The pilot had 8000 hours, but it's probably a little tricky to run a multipoint checklist with alarms blaring whilst fighting the aircraft which is overriding your inputs in a determined attempt to dive nose first into the ground.
You should alert the crash investigators to this staggering new insight you have come up with immediately. What point do you think you're making?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:11 pm
captquint wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:54 pm
No shit.

You should ask Sully how important the first officer is
The FO was flying when they hit a problem, guess who immediately took over.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

No shit.

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I think the captains training and experience is paramount, I'm gonna ask Scully
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:22 pm
analhamster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:15 pm
No shit.

My point exactly. Pilot training is paramount
Yes, that's why in the event of a problem the most experienced pilot takes control. It really seems to be the opposite of your point, which is generally your cue to run away.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:34 pm
analhamster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:32 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:22 pm
analhamster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:15 pm
captquint wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:54 pm The First Officer is literally second in command to The Captain
No shit.

My point exactly. Pilot training is paramount
Yes, that's why in the event of a problem the most experienced pilot takes control. It really seems to be the opposite of your point, which is generally your cue to run away.
No. Learn to read
Try using words to explain your point. I say you've talked yourself into a corner with incompatible claims and now you're going to run away. The flight had a very experienced pilot in command, who would instantly have taken control when a problem arose if he wasn't already. Perhaps you think the first officer takes control in an emergency and cited Sully as an example of how not to do it?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I read it as Biker thought The First Officer has legal command of the aircraft and now that he saw his error he is attempting to obscure his mistake
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

The root cause seems to be boeing trying to game the system. Airbus came out with a more efficient model, so boeing popped more efficient engines on basically the same plane to compete, which introduced a potential stall problem the old plane didn't have because the size and placement of the engines would tend to force the nose up. That change would have required retraining qualified 737 pilots on the new version, which is expensive and loses a competitive edge with customers who already employ 737 pilots. So instead they introduced the kamikaze dive as an automatic fix. No need to retrain if the problem fixes itself. Oops.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Biker should consider a trip somewhere
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:36 am FYI...It will come out soon that this accident has nothing to do with 737 Max supposed flaw.
Bet?

Will the 'supposed flaw' also be ruled out in the other crash that happened shortly after takeoff and showed the same rapid changes in altitude?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:50 am
analhamster wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:49 am
Biker wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:36 am FYI...It will come out soon that this accident has nothing to do with 737 Max supposed flaw.
Bet?

Will the 'supposed flaw' also be ruled out in the other crash that happened shortly after takeoff and showed the same rapid changes in altitude?
Sure. Outline the bet. From what I’m hearing it’s either wing flap failure or pilot error
Pretty simple, faulty sensor data causing MCAS to repeatedly activate sending the plane into repeated dives to correct non existent stalls was a major factor in both crashes. One month avatar with the crash investigation report being decisive, null and void if no cause determined.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

I predict fire in the hold. Lithium ion batteries.
GARA-BOKKA, Ethiopia (Reuters) - The Ethiopian Airlines plane that crashed killing 157 people was making a strange rattling noise and trailed smoke and debris as it swerved above a field of panicked cows before hitting earth, according to witnesses
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ethi ... SKBN1QS1LJ
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Are the cows ok?
wut?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Trump has weighed in saying planes are too complicated and we should go back to the older versions that crashed a lot more. He's so wise.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Wut wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:54 pmAre the cows ok?
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services are securing the bovines