The vaccines have failed (Was: The vaccines are failing)

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Re: The vaccines have failed (Was: The vaccines are failing)

Post by saltydog »

Animal wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:27 pm
saltydog wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:26 pm
necronomous wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:17 pm
saltydog wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:51 pm RIP "Diamond" of Diamond and Silk.

I'm sure the GOP/MAGA anti-vaxx constituency will be all over this with grief and solidarity.

Nevermind, Silk is on social media using the death as a grift for more financial support. The grift never ends....
So they are using her death as a "grift" and you're using it as a tool to down conservatives in a vitriolic way.....lol. ok skeeter
My "grift" as you call it doesn't benefit me financially. There's a difference, but you won't see it that way.
he said THEY were using it as a GRIFT. Then he said you were using it as something else. You fucking dumb ass.
Animal to the rescue of Necro in the vax thread. Wild.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

saltydog wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:41 pm

I'm sure the GOP/MAGA anti-vaxx constituency will be all over this with grief and solidarity.

Nevermind, Silk is on social media using the death as a grift for more financial support. The grift never ends....
So they are using her death as a "grift" and you're using it as a tool to down conservatives in a vitriolic way.....lol. ok skeeter
My "grift" as you call it doesn't benefit me financially. There's a difference, but you won't see it that way.
he said THEY were using it as a GRIFT. Then he said you were using it as something else. You fucking dumb ass.
Don't be mad he called your shit out
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

necronomous wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:56 pm

Oh, I won't.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

saltydog wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:04 pm
necronomous wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:56 pm

Oh, I won't.
Wink
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

What if it was one guy with six guns?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I heard that a study came out the other day that was based on blood donations across the United States. They said that based on the blood samples taken, that over 96% of the population had either gotten Covid or gotten a vaccine for covid (or had both).

Over 96% of the people have antibodies now.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:48 pm I heard that a study came out the other day that was based on blood donations across the United States. They said that based on the blood samples taken, that over 96% of the population had either gotten Covid or gotten a vaccine for covid (or had both).

The vaccine antibodies dont stay in the body nearly as long as natural infection antibodies do. Hence, the repeated boosters. I think nearly everyone caught Omicron at some point
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:53 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:48 pm I heard that a study came out the other day that was based on blood donations across the United States. They said that based on the blood samples taken, that over 96% of the population had either gotten Covid or gotten a vaccine for covid (or had both).

The vaccine antibodies dont stay in the body nearly as long as natural infection antibodies do. Hence, the repeated boosters. I think nearly everyone caught Omicron at some point
fortunately, we don't have to "think" or speculate. We can look at the results.

By the third quarter of 2022 an estimated 96.4% of persons aged ≥16 years in a longitudinal blood donor cohort had SARS-CoV-2 antibodies from previous infection or vaccination, including:

a. 22.6% from infection alone
b. 26.1% from vaccination alone;
c. 47.7% had hybrid immunity.
Biker

Post by Biker »

I'd love to see an update to that would include the second half of 2023. I doubt that will happen though
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Biker wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:29 pm I'd love to see an update to that would include the second half of 2023. I doubt that will happen though
You still pretending to be smarter than medical studies by experts?
Biker

Post by Biker »

saltydog wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:15 pm
Biker wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:29 pm I'd love to see an update to that would include the second half of 2023. I doubt that will happen though
You pretending to forget about the studies that showed rapidly waning antibodies in the vaccines?
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Biker wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:31 pm
saltydog wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:15 pm
You pretending to forget about the studies that showed rapidly waning antibodies in the vaccines?
Nope, but I wonder if you considered how many lives it may have saved despite not meeting your expectations.

Perfect solution? No.

Was there a benefit?

Don't bother with your contrarian answer. We've heard it all before.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

It's the long-term effects of having had a COVID-19 infection we still don't understand or know for certain.
This may come back to haunt us hard in 20 or 40 or more years.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Biker

Post by Biker »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:38 pm Image
Sounds like maybe he needs another shot. You know, just to be extra careful.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i have known several people (that were boosted) and someone in their family got covid and so they got tested and found out they had it (no symptoms at all). So they isolated like the CDC guidelines recommend for a few days and then went back to work.

I'm not sure how you guys feel this supports your anti vax thoughts. I know how desperate you are to find little things that make it look like you weren't wrong all of that time. Its actually okay to have been wrong on a subject that no one knew much about and most everyone was wrong about at least some aspect of it. But its kind of sad when you feel such a need to exonerate yourselves from something that most of us have long moved past.
Biker

Post by Biker »

The point is that the more COVID shots you have, the more likely you'll come down with it multiple times

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/co ... 60322.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-v ... tion-rate/
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:30 pm The point is that the more COVID shots you have, the more likely you'll come down with it multiple times

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/co ... 60322.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-v ... tion-rate/
or maybe the point is that the more likely you are in a situation where you might get covid in the first place (around lots of people) the morel likely you are to have gone to the trouble of getting a booster in the first place?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

you can't "catch" covid from a vaccine if that's what you think.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:36 pm you can't "catch" covid from a vaccine if that's what you think.
Of course not, but there have been studies showing that boosters temporarily weaken the immune system, making the body more prone to another infection
Recently, The Lancet published a study on the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines and the waning of immunity with time. The study showed that immune function among vaccinated individuals 8 months after the administration of two doses of COVID-19 vaccine was lower than that among the unvaccinated individuals

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9167431/
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:42 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:36 pm you can't "catch" covid from a vaccine if that's what you think.
Of course not, but there have been studies showing that boosters temporarily weaken the immune system, making the body more prone to another infection
Recently, The Lancet published a study on the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines and the waning of immunity with time. The study showed that immune function among vaccinated individuals 8 months after the administration of two doses of COVID-19 vaccine was lower than that among the unvaccinated individuals

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9167431/
:lol: my god.

I bet there are studies that show that people with insurance have a higher tendency to get cancer, too.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I'm not anti vax. I got the original and 1 boost. The question is how many boosters is enough? When does it end, if at all. At this point covid booster shots seem completely useless if you are a healthy person.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:13 pm I'm not anti vax. I got the original and 1 boost. The question is how many boosters is enough? When does it end, if at all. At this point covid booster shots seem completely useless if you are a healthy person.
The last I heard around 95% of the US population has either had covid, had a vaccine or both. So, the virus is pretty much either gone or mutated to the point now where it is extremely minor.

So, yeah, the point is sort of lost unless one of the earlier strains kicks back in. Fortunately, despite Biker and Necro and the other anti-vaxxers, the next time some virus like this comes along, we have the road map to quickly develop and distribute a vaccine and it can be done even faster. This should be one of Trump's finest accomplishments.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:25 pm i have known several people (that were boosted) and someone in their family got covid and so they got tested and found out they had it (no symptoms at all). So they isolated like the CDC guidelines recommend for a few days and then went back to work.

I'm not sure how you guys feel this supports your anti vax thoughts. I know how desperate you are to find little things that make it look like you weren't wrong all of that time. Its actually okay to have been wrong on a subject that no one knew much about and most everyone was wrong about at least some aspect of it. But its kind of sad when you feel such a need to exonerate yourselves from something that most of us have long moved past.
The reason you are not sure is because you’ve confused I distrust of the Covid vaccine for distrust of all vaccines. Just because you do not trust the Covid vaccine does not make you an anti-VAX her.