Geist's official movie/tv recommendation thread

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!
CentralTexasCrude
Walking Human Headache

Re: Geist's official movie/tv recommendation thread

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

From HBO- due out in August. "House of the Dragon"- prequel to Game of Thrones. Official trailer
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

The Boys season 3 is killing it

Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

Geist wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:54 am The Boys season 3 is killing it

Agreed
QillerDaemon
Nobody, really.
Interests: Picking my nose and playing Skyrim

Post by QillerDaemon »

The wife and I binged the three seasons of "Barry" with Bill Hader, and enjoyed every damn episode of the series. It is a black comedy, a "dramedy", but blacker than it is laugh out loud funny. It's more of a deep-gut groaning funny. Hader is a private assassin whose latest job puts him into an acting class run by The Fonz (Winkler). And the plot just unravels from there. Barry tries to leave his profession, but simply can't. It's bloody and violent, and the comedy is found in the dark edges of all the nastiness. Barry tries to do good, and is forced almost every time to violence. Great show!
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
Whackov

Post by Whackov »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:39 pm The wife and I binged the three seasons of "Barry" with Bill Hader, and enjoyed every damn episode of the series. It is a black comedy, a "dramedy", but blacker than it is laugh out loud funny. It's more of a deep-gut groaning funny. Hader is a private assassin whose latest job puts him into an acting class run by The Fonz (Winkler). And the plot just unravels from there. Barry tries to leave his profession, but simply can't. It's bloody and violent, and the comedy is found in the dark edges of all the nastiness. Barry tries to do good, and is forced almost every time to violence. Great show!
Season 3 is high on our list of the next thing to watch. We are plodding through Downton Abby right now.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Whackov wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:03 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:39 pm The wife and I binged the three seasons of "Barry" with Bill Hader, and enjoyed every damn episode of the series. It is a black comedy, a "dramedy", but blacker than it is laugh out loud funny. It's more of a deep-gut groaning funny. Hader is a private assassin whose latest job puts him into an acting class run by The Fonz (Winkler). And the plot just unravels from there. Barry tries to leave his profession, but simply can't. It's bloody and violent, and the comedy is found in the dark edges of all the nastiness. Barry tries to do good, and is forced almost every time to violence. Great show!
Season 3 is high on our list of the next thing to watch. We are plodding through Downton Abby right now.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Walking Human Headache

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:10 pm
:lol: Isn't Downtown Abbey and plodding kind of the same thing.
CentralTexasCrude
Walking Human Headache

Just starting S1E4 of "Night Sky" on Amazon. Struggling elderly couple (Sissy Spacek, JK Simmons) find a portal in their shed. They use it to go look at stars from some other place in the Universe. Other people use it as a transport portal. Low budget- low tech (so far). Interesting story line. Too early to recommend or not.
Whackov

Post by Whackov »

She thinks the same thing about me watching The Boys. :D
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

Whackov wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:56 pm
After watching Season 3 Ep 1 the missus just said "That show is all yours now, I'm out." I'm still enjoying it though.
What if it was one guy with six guns?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

My wife gets pissed at me because I keep calling it Dickdown Abby. :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Whackov

Post by Whackov »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:59 pm
My wife gets pissed at me because I keep calling it Dickdown Abby. :lol:
At the opening of the first episode, the character that plays Mary got out of bed in a sheer sleep gown that you could pretty much see her tits and pussy. I thought that was promising but there ha not been any gratuitous nudity or any hint of nudity since then. It is a high budget soap opera. It is my punishment for watching Al of the drug cartel series. It is tolerable though.