Geist's official movie/tv recommendation thread

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Geist's official movie/tv recommendation thread

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Geist wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:11 pm After binge watching 3 Body Problem twice now, I have to give Netflix a tiny bit of credit. They didn't do to it what they did to The Witcher and allow the writers to tell their own story with established IP. The timeline seems to be a bit sped up and there are a few liberties taken but overall, the lore seems to be respected. It's by the creators of GoT, and to their credit, the early seasons where they had GRRM's novels as a reference were their best.

9/10, anxiously awaiting the Dark Forest season
The little I've read, doesn't 3 Body Problem involve some kind of hard to understand physics? Almost like to you need to bone up on the subject before you tackle the series. No idea.
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

Geist wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:28 am
nerd_alert wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:38 pm
Geist wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:11 pm After binge watching 3 Body Problem twice now, I have to give Netflix a tiny bit of credit. They didn't do to it what they did to The Witcher and allow the writers to tell their own story with established IP. The timeline seems to be a bit sped up and there are a few liberties taken but overall, the lore seems to be respected. It's by the creators of GoT, and to their credit, the early seasons where they had GRRM's novels as a reference were their best.

The original Chinese movie "Three Body" is on Prime & I think Peacock. Thirty episodes long. Its a bit hard to follow since its mostly in Chinese and you really have to pay attention to the close-captioning.
I might have to try that, however me and subtitles don't always mix
I also think the Chinese version covers all 3 books.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:31 am

The little I've read, doesn't 3 Body Problem involve some kind of hard to understand physics? Almost like to you need to bone up on the subject before you tackle the series. No idea.
So what you're saying is, you absolutely, in no way, in any realm, would have a single clue about what is going on.
Ricrude
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

On my list
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

The barrier to entry isn't that high. I pinky promise you won't need to understand advanced physics to appreciate the show.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Geist wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:05 pm

The barrier to entry isn't that high. I pinky promise you won't need to understand advanced physics to appreciate the show.
You overestimate him.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:07 pm
Geist wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:05 pm

You overestimate him.
Get a grip GRIP
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker told me that he heard that some guy on the internet has figured out that this movie is just a way for the People's Republic of China to secretly implant radio waves into the brain and reprogram thoughts to be more sympathetic to invading Taiwan.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:17 pm Biker told me that he heard that some guy on the internet has figured out that this movie is just a way for the People's Republic of China to secretly implant radio waves into the brain and reprogram thoughts to be more sympathetic to invading Taiwan.
Did he have to take a physics refresher course like CTC has to?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:31 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:17 pm Biker told me that he heard that some guy on the internet has figured out that this movie is just a way for the People's Republic of China to secretly implant radio waves into the brain and reprogram thoughts to be more sympathetic to invading Taiwan.
Did he have to take a physics refresher course like CTC has to?
fortunately his covid vaccine rearranged his DNA in such a way that his lack of physics knowledge was completely reversed.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I honestly believe if you put Animal and retard in a darkened room with a rotating flashing disco ball, all you would hear for the first hour would be Oohs and Aahs.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

if I was in there you would hear We are Family by Sister Sledge.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:10 pm if I was in there you would hear We are Family by Sister Sledge.
:lol: :lol: Perfect
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Based on the riveting discussion here I started watching 3 Body Problem.
2.5 episodes in and its a VERY strong start.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

When I realized D&D from the GoT series were on the adaption, I had to get the book(s, plural because there are three books). A boy-howdy! is the this series ever different from the first book outside of overall plot points. Most of the characters in the series are re-writes of characters in the book, and most of books happen in and around China, not Britain. Not bad, the series, at all, I've enjoyed the handful of GoT actors showing up in the show, and enjoying the show on its own terms. Much like GoT, one could bitch (and a lot) about what D&D did to the show, but it was a great show on its own terms, so same with TBP. We're about to see the 7th episode tonight, and I'm about half-way through the first book, and skimmed the other two.

And the actress playing Auggie: 100% chance of ass-eating! :twisted:
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

I'm 4 episodes in on 3 Body Problem and does anyone else think that the guy playing Thomas Wade sounds EXACTLY like Liam Neeson?

Seriously, when he's on screen talking, close your eyes and just listen to him!
I swear to Gawd, I think they dubbed Liam Neeson's voice in for this guy!!!
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:47 pm I'm 4 episodes in on 3 Body Problem and does anyone else think that the guy playing Thomas Wade sounds EXACTLY like Liam Neeson?

Seriously, when he's on screen talking, close your eyes and just listen to him!
I swear to Gawd, I think they dubbed Liam Neeson's voice in for this guy!!!
Yes
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Well I'll be fooked! He actually does sound like Liam Neeson!

stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Agreed.

I splurged the whole season. It was OK. I don't get the hype over it. Maybe the 2nd season, if there is one, will pick it up some.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Geist wrote:Nefarious. It's a low-budget horror movie on Amazon Prime. The first half I would give a solid 7/10. The antagonist character is acted decently, the cinematography doesn't feel cheap, and it mostly importantly it doesn't drag. The second half gets very Christian, very quick, a solid 3/10. After the climax, the movie winds down with a fictional podcast starring a popular right wing talking head, I won't spoil who it is because I lol'd when he popped up. I will say it's a fun ride, and if you're a fan of cheap horror with strong Christian overtones you'll love it. Overall it's a 4/10, adult fairy tales side it gets predictable and doesn't have much of a payoff. Also I lied, it's Glenn Beck.
100%
Started pretty strong with some interesting bits but then went off the rails. Kind of a shame because it could have been a decent flick.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Dune 2

It's certainly a nice film to look at...

But OMG! What a fucking slog! 3 brain-numbing hours of plastic acting and terrible dialogue. Seriously, who wrote this tripe? I hope they didn't pay him much.
Timothée Chalamet has the acting and emotional range of a stoned sloth. Josh Brolin shows up for 10 minutes and he's the best character in the fucking movie.

That was almost worse than that last Avatar movie.

That said, I'm pretty sure Zendaya wants my cock.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Mfrs cancelled quantum leap again
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Fallout, on Amazon Prime. I begrudgingly paid the $3 to skip commercials just for this show. By golly,i gotta say it's worth it. Walton Goggins chews up the screen and left me wanting more if not just for him and his storyline. You don't really need to have played the games to appreciate the series. There's a great deal of fan service, and personally i was stoked they brought in Dogmeat, the goodest boi. The soundtrack is the icing on the cake. My one hope for next season is they spend less time on flashbacks. Also more boobs. 8.5/10

Ricrude
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:45 am Dune 2

It's certainly a nice film to look at...

But OMG! What a fucking slog! 3 brain-numbing hours of plastic acting and terrible dialogue. Seriously, who wrote this tripe? I hope they didn't pay him much.
Timothée Chalamet has the acting and emotional range of a stoned sloth. Josh Brolin shows up for 10 minutes and he's the best character in the fucking movie.

That was almost worse than that last Avatar movie.

That said, I'm pretty sure Zendaya wants my cock.
Went to the theatre to see it...I liked it...and Zendaya.
It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Half way through "1883". I'm actually pretty shocked how good this one season only series is. Taylor Sheridan keeps putting out such awesome content and ratings are through the roof and mainstream Hollywood refuses to even acknowledge he even exists. Ratings and fans still rule not some BS liberal agenda they think matters. Life is good.