Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!
Post Reply
User avatar
nerd_alert
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#201

Post by nerd_alert »

The upcoming Nova episode (Wed 7/13) will be all about the Webb telescope.
User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 21980
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#202

Post by Animal »

basically NASA is using instagram filters on space now.
User avatar
disco.moon
Can't even with this place
Posts: 794
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#203

Post by disco.moon »

The pictures have been WILD!!!
User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 21980
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#204

Post by Animal »

disco.moon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:53 pm The pictures have been WILD!!!
space looks cuter than it probably really is.
User avatar
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:41 pm
Location: Looking for Dave

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#205

Post by stonedmegman »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:27 pm Image
Where's Waldo?
YOU ANNOY ME, THEREFORE I EXIST
User avatar
disco.moon
Can't even with this place
Posts: 794
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#206

Post by disco.moon »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:01 pm
disco.moon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:53 pm The pictures have been WILD!!!
space looks cuter than it probably really is.
Those damn puppy filters and stuff. Instagram influences. Is hard to be space in a modern society.
User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 21980
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#207

Post by Animal »

disco.moon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:40 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:01 pm
disco.moon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:53 pm The pictures have been WILD!!!
space looks cuter than it probably really is.
Those damn puppy filters and stuff. Instagram influences. Is hard to be space in a modern society.
I guess it makes sense though. think how long its been since anyone has seen space. For Ashley Judd it was only about 15 years.
User avatar
disco.moon
Can't even with this place
Posts: 794
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#208

Post by disco.moon »

Image
User avatar
disco.moon
Can't even with this place
Posts: 794
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#209

Post by disco.moon »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:43 pm
disco.moon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:40 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:01 pm
disco.moon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:53 pm The pictures have been WILD!!!
space looks cuter than it probably really is.
Those damn puppy filters and stuff. Instagram influences. Is hard to be space in a modern society.
I guess it makes sense though. think how long its been since anyone has seen space. For Ashley Judd it was only about 15 years.

Girrrrrrlllll.

Image
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Females scare me
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#210

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Heard this morning they finally released the first Webb photos. Of course I'm stuck in W Texas again with no capability of contributing. Thanks to Animal for the photos, antknot for the comments, and whoever that Unknown UJR'r is that posted that first one.
User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Posts: 10779
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#211

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:56 pm Heard this morning they finally released the first Webb photos. Of course I'm stuck in W Texas again with no capability of contributing. Thanks to Animal for the photos, antknot for the comments, and whoever that Unknown UJR'r is that posted that first one.
But you just did. :lol: :lol: :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
User avatar
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:41 pm
Location: Looking for Dave

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#212

Post by stonedmegman »

disco.moon wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:48 pm Image
Dog star?
YOU ANNOY ME, THEREFORE I EXIST
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Females scare me
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#213

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:58 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:56 pm Heard this morning they finally released the first Webb photos. Of course I'm stuck in W Texas again with no capability of contributing. Thanks to Animal for the photos, antknot for the comments, and whoever that Unknown UJR'r is that posted that first one.
But you just did. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course I can post text like the last several months but not photos, videos,attachments fucking retard. I guess I could try but not spending the hours to await the results.
User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Posts: 10779
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#214

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:24 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:58 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:56 pm Heard this morning they finally released the first Webb photos. Of course I'm stuck in W Texas again with no capability of contributing. Thanks to Animal for the photos, antknot for the comments, and whoever that Unknown UJR'r is that posted that first one.
But you just did. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course I can post text like the last several months but not photos, videos,attachments fucking retard. I guess I could try but not spending the hours to await the results.
Image
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Females scare me
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#215

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

I'm thinking the main problem I am experiencing is I downloaded a Retard filter on my phone weeks ago but RD seems to get through every once in a while. Call to IT is at the top of my list tomorrow.
User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Posts: 10779
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#216

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:37 am I'm thinking the main problem I am experiencing is I downloaded a Retard filter on my phone weeks ago but RD seems to get through every once in a while. Call to IT is at the top of my list tomorrow.
Maybe it's your Operating System.

Image
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Females scare me
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#217

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

PBS NOVA starting a episode on Webb right now. At least here.
User avatar
disco.moon
Can't even with this place
Posts: 794
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#218

Post by disco.moon »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:02 am PBS NOVA starting a episode on Webb right now. At least here.
I don't have cable, so I expect a full report on my desk in the a.m. thanks.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché
Posts: 5701
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#219

Post by Antknot »

disco.moon wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:11 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:02 am PBS NOVA starting a episode on Webb right now. At least here.
I don't have cable, so I expect a full report on my desk in the a.m. thanks.
Should be able to get it off the air from your local station.
User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 21980
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#220

Post by Animal »

disco.moon wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:11 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:02 am PBS NOVA starting a episode on Webb right now. At least here.
I don't have cable, so I expect a full report on my desk in the a.m. thanks.
cool. I'm watching it. thanks.
User avatar
disco.moon
Can't even with this place
Posts: 794
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#221

Post by disco.moon »

Animal wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:14 am
disco.moon wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:11 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:02 am PBS NOVA starting a episode on Webb right now. At least here.
I don't have cable, so I expect a full report on my desk in the a.m. thanks.
cool. I'm watching it. thanks.
Sweet! I'm going to bed.
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Females scare me
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#222

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

nerd_alert wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:07 pm The upcoming Nova episode (Wed 7/13) will be all about the Webb telescope.
Sorry Dude. Did not see this post until just now.
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Females scare me
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#223

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

disco.moon wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:24 am
Animal wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:14 am
disco.moon wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:11 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:02 am PBS NOVA starting a episode on Webb right now. At least here.
.

I don't have cable, so I expect a full report on my desk in the a.m. thanks.
cool. I'm watching it. thanks.
Sweet! I'm going to bed.
Typical boss. Go to bed- have the report on my desk first thing.
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Females scare me
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#224

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Anyway, this 8 month thread is done. Launch, deployment, testing, to the first images. It's 25+ year life span will blow us away with discoveries. Like Hubble, it will take years before we see the full impact. I really want to see those images going back almost 14 Billion years to within 100-200 million of the Big Bang. Just globs of stars trying to form early galaxies. Blows me away that maybe the next generation of telescopes will allow our grand/greatgrand kids to see the actual flash of birth. And to think 100 years ago, we didn't even know there were any galaxies other than ours. Going back 500 years- telescope/ Newton/ building upon discoveries. Truly the greatest achievements in the entire human history.
User avatar
nerd_alert
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Re: Finally- Next Gen James Webb Telescope set for launch

#225

Post by nerd_alert »

disco.moon wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:11 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:02 am PBS NOVA starting a episode on Webb right now. At least here.
I don't have cable, so I expect a full report on my desk in the a.m. thanks.
You can watch it online

https://www.pbs.org/video/ultimate-spac ... pe-gunryt/
Post Reply