Questions about Yellowstone

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Questions about Yellowstone

Post by Animal »

someone, i won't say who, might be trying a little too hard to be critical
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:08 pm someone, i won't say who, might be trying a little too hard to be critical
Other than Billy Bob Thornton (he's pretty good in it), if you can find something memorable or original in this show please feel free to let me know.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:33 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:08 pm someone, i won't say who, might be trying a little too hard to be critical
Other than Billy Bob Thornton (he's pretty good in it), if you can find something memorable or original in this show please feel free to let me know.
oh, i don't know, i would be curious how many people knew there was an area of Fort Worth known as Hells Half Acre that was famous for its lawlessness. I have read stories about it over the years, but I have never once seen it mentioned in any kind of movie or tv show until last night. Or the fact that the character played by Billy Bob Thornton was based on an actual sheriff in Fort Worth that was famous for being a really bad guy. again, never heard of him before this show.

but, its a fictional tv show, so its not like fact checking an episode of Leave it to Beaver.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:55 pm
oh, i don't know, i would be curious how many people knew there was an area of Fort Worth known as Hells Half Acre that was famous for its lawlessness. I have read stories about it over the years, but I have never once seen it mentioned in any kind of movie or tv show until last night. Or the fact that the character played by Billy Bob Thornton was based on an actual sheriff in Fort Worth that was famous for being a really bad guy. again, never heard of him before this show.

but, its a fictional tv show, so its not like fact checking an episode of Leave it to Beaver.
I'm not talking about fact-checking or historical accuracy, dude. I'm talking about the entertainment value of the show.
Other than Billy Bob Thornton (who single-handedly saves the second episode) there's not much to be seen here.

Well, maybe there's this guy. He's a good character and a bit of a hoot.

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Like I said above, it"s impossible for anyone to say just from watching E1 whether the series is going to be good. I'm assuming you would agree the same can be said from just watching E2.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

RD's idea of a slow movie is anything not involving Van Diesel and buddies driving nitrogen powered cars around cities.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Episode #3

Better than the first 2. Mostly because 90% of the episode focuses on Sam Elliott. But still waiting for something interesting to happen.
I'll give it one more episode.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:36 pm Episode #3

Better than the first 2. Mostly because 90% of the episode focuses on Sam Elliott. But still waiting for something interesting to happen.
Be sure to let Taylor Sheridan know of your decision. I'm sure he's waiting with tingling anticipation :roll: :roll:
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:51 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:36 pm Episode #3

Be sure to let Taylor Sheridan know of your decision. I'm sure he's waiting with tingling anticipation :roll: :roll:
I don't know her.
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

nerd_alert wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:54 am
Animal wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:25 pm In case anyone was wondering, the new show 1883 (or whatever the name) is going to debut on Paramount Network this sunday, but that will be the only show. After that, you have to subscribe to Paramount Plus (Paramount+ ) in order to watch it.
I have a subscription to Philo and it looks like ep 2 is scheduled to record next week. Will let you know if it happens.
I did get ep 2 recorded. Looks like only the first 3 will be on the streaming platforms.

I started watching Britannia (semi accurate historical drama of the Roman conquest of England in the 1st century) on Prime. I was surprised to see Beth in it. Even more surprised to see that according to IMDB, she is actually a British actress!
nerd_alert

Post by nerd_alert »

fyi, if you have Amazon Prime, you can add 2 months of Paramont+ for $0.99/month right now. That should cover 1883. There are other channels available like Acorn, Showtime, etc. Enjoy
nerd_alert

Post by nerd_alert »

Offer ends Jan 3 2022
Hydroseismic
Fish fear me, trannys love me.
Interests: Women with drinking problems/daddy issues.

Post by Hydroseismic »

Animal wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:43 pm
Hydroseismic wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:36 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:30 pm
Hydroseismic wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:21 pm I was there in August Image
why were you at the four 6's ranch?
A 3D seismic job. They have oil on the ranch.
Ah. I didn't read that you were in exploration before i asked that.

Is the Sixes fixing to make a run at the King Ranch for marketing and merchandise type stuff?

Check their online store, all the good shit is sold out.
Faith is simple medicine for desperate souls.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Okay, I gave 1883 five episodes but I'm not seeing anything here that makes me want to watch the sixth. I'm bailing.

That said, I will give them kudos for one thing.
Whenever you see a running gunfight on horses in a western the two groups are always 50-75 yards apart and they're shooting at each other with revolvers... on running horses. It's ridiculous.
But the running gunfight on horses in EP 5 is up close and personal with everyone shooting at each other from 15-20 feet away. And they're still missing 90% of the time. It's much more realistic.

But even that gunfight suffers from the two classic Western blunders...
"Endless ammunition syndrome" and "They shoot at each other 50 times but no one ever hits a horse syndrome".
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

PLOT HOLES!!!!!!!!11
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:20 pm Okay, I gave 1883 five episodes but I'm not seeing anything here that makes me want to watch the sixth. I'm bailing.

Whenever you see a running gunfight on horses in a western the two groups are always 50-75 yards apart and they're shooting at each other with revolvers... on running horses. It's ridiculous.
But the running gunfight on horses in EP 5 is up close and personal with everyone shooting at each other from 15-20 feet away. And they're still missing 90% of the time. It's much more realistic.

"Endless ammunition syndrome" and "They shoot at each other 50 times but no one ever hits a horse syndrome".
I'm sure Taylor Sheridan is sobbing in his soup on hearing the news that you are bailing.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:20 pm Okay, I gave 1883 five episodes but I'm not seeing anything here that makes me want to watch the sixth. I'm bailing.

It would be different if alec baldwin was involved.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
Cyberhonky
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Cyberhonky »

im struggling too. im not sold on it yet
Vote for Pedro
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

rule34 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:20 pm

Alec ain't no cowboi. He shoots straight.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i'm not sure that RD understands the difficulty of asking a horse to pretend they were shot in a pretend gunfight. good horse actors are not easy to find.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:24 pm

i'm not sure that RD understands the difficulty of asking a horse to pretend they were shot in a pretend gunfight. good horse actors are not easy to find.
Yeah, there's no way you could get a trained stunt horse to fall over. That's unheard of.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I wonder how they train a rattlesnake to spring out of an opened cooler and bites the guy on his face so he dies in less than a minute. You know, this being all real and stuff.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:42 pm I wonder how they train a rattlesnake to spring out of an opened cooler and bites the guy on his face so he dies in less than a minute. You know, this being all real and stuff.
I'm sorry but you're going to have to refresh my memory as to when a rattlesnake sprung out of a cooler in 1883. I must have missed that scene.
Cyberhonky
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Cyberhonky »

good horse actors are not easy to find.
yeh, Sarah Jessica Parker is always busy
Vote for Pedro
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Cyberhonky wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:51 pm

good horse actors are not easy to find.
yeh, Sarah Jessica Parker is always busy
:lol: