Omidud

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Omidud

Post by Biker »

Covid: Omicron has 80% lower risk of hospitalization, new study shows

By Janice Kew | Bloomberg

South Africans contracting Covid-19 in the current fourth wave of infections are 80% less likely to be hospitalized if they catch the omicron variant, compared with other strains, according to a study released by the National Institute for Communicable Diseases.

Once admitted to the hospital, the risk of severe disease doesn’t differ from other variants, the authors led by scientists Nicole Walter and Cheryl Cohen said.

Compared to delta infections in South Africa between April and November, omicron infections are associated with a 70% lower risk of severe disease, they said. The omicron data was collected for the two months through November.

Since being identified by South African scientists on Nov. 25, the omicron variant has fueled record case numbers across the country. Africa’s most developed economy has fully inoculated about 44% of its adult population over a seven-month period.

In the data that are being submitted to a preprint medical publication — MedRxiv — the authors adjusted for various confounding factors that could influence the results, including age, gender and whether the cases were known reinfections. For severity of disease after admission, they also adjusted for the presence of other illnesses and prior immunization.

The study also showed that those with omicron may have higher viral loads.

The study is “important,” though its use of so-called historic controls when comparing to the delta infections between April and November means its outcome may be biased by time issues, said Paul Hunter, a professor of medicine at the U.K.’s University of East Anglia.

“So even though cases of omicron were less likely to end up in hospital than cases of delta, it is not possible to say whether this is due to inherent differences in virulence or whether this is due to higher population immunity in November compared to earlier in the year,” Hunter said.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Re: Omidud

Post by Charliesheen »

Fauci says we’ll be wearing masks on airplanes forever.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

So the virus that had an overwhelming rate of survival now has a variant that is even less lethal?

Quick! SHUT IT ALL DOWN!!!!11!11!1*

*Not meant to be inferred as anti-vax. Meant to mock the ridiculousness of the shutdowns that killed small businesses and propped up big businesses.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker

Post by Biker »

BigRedRetard wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:38 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:45 pm Fauci says we’ll be wearing masks on airplanes forever.
Not a bad idea. Planes are disgusting without covid.
Aside from CDC and biotech testing bases, airplanes have the best ventilations systems on the planet
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

I am a bit disappointed in OmniVid. I was hoping it would cut a swath through the antivax tards.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Like his sex life, biker might have popped a little too soon.
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:22 am I am a bit disappointed in OmniVid. I was hoping it would cut a swath through the antivax tards.
It'll be OK, I've heard it infects the vaxxed almost as easily.
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty

peterosehaircut wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:37 am
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:22 am I am a bit disappointed in OmniVid. I was hoping it would cut a swath through the antivax tards.
Yes it does. Lets get the science correct. Vaxed get it easy as well. I just spoke to a triple vaxed friend that got it. He had aches and pains and a flu. But stayed out of the hospital and survived no problem.

Unvaxed are filling the hospitals. And dying. And owning the libs.
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:20 pm
peterosehaircut wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:37 am
Yes it does. Lets get the science correct. Vaxed get it easy as well. I just spoke to a triple vaxed friend that got it. He had aches and pains and a flu. But stayed out of the hospital and survived no problem.

Unvaxed are filling the hospitals. And dying. And owning the libs.
Not with this variant.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

what is the over under on a stock market crash over the next 90 days?
Biker

Post by Biker »

Well, hopefully it will cull the herd of the fat, insulin dependent cunts out there
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty

Biker wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:21 pm
Well, hopefully it will cull the herd of the fat, insulin dependent cunts out there

Feel ya bro.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Biker wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:21 pm
If ur a smoking, hard-living fat-fuck, you don’t deserve hospital bed space neither.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Biker

Post by Biker »

NYT: Omicron is not just milder, its risk is akin to the flu

So writes David Leonhardt, the country’s most reliable communicator on the pandemic. Unfortunately, Leonhardt reports for the New York Times rather than run the CDC or FDA, where they put the panic in pandemic. For the first time, thanks to the mutations of COVID-19 and the widespread deployment of effective vaccines — although not widespread enough — we finally have a contagion that’s roughly at the same risk level as the flu.

That’s not to say there’s no risk, as Leonhardt reminds us, but that it’s manageable on a long-term basis:

The latest evidence about Covid is largely positive. A few weeks ago, many experts and journalists were warning that the initial evidence from South Africa — suggesting that Omicron was milder than other variants — might turn out to be a mirage. It has turned out to be real. …

Before Omicron, a typical vaccinated 75-year-old who contracted Covid had a roughly similar risk of death — around 1 in 200 — as a typical 75-year-old who contracted the flu. (Here are the details behind that calculation, which is based on an academic study.)

Omicron has changed the calculation. Because it is milder than earlier versions of the virus, Covid now appears to present less threat to most vaccinated elderly people than the annual flu does.

The flu, of course, does present risk for the elderly. And the sheer size of the Omicron surge may argue for caution over the next few weeks. But the combination of vaccines and Omicron’s apparent mildness means that, for an individual, Covid increasingly resembles the kind of health risk that people accept every day.

Indeed. However, Omicron’s not the only variant getting passed around at the moment, a point that bears on the subject of assumed risk. Delta is still around, but the latest CDC genomic surveillance suggests that Omicron is perhaps crowding it out of the population now. That also has a couple of caveats, however:

read://https_hotair.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fhotair.com%2Fed-morrissey%2F2022%2F01%2F05%2Fnyt-omicron-is-not-just-milder-its-risk-is-akin-to-the-flu-n439465
Biker

Post by Biker »

disco wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:33 pm I mean....duh....? This is what viruses do right? That morph until they're mild. Also it's milder for most because people are vaccinated. Like...wtf is there to not get? :lol:
Shut up and get your third and fourth shot. Biker is QAnon

Sin,
Animal
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

^ pretty much.