Next up, Taiwan

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Next up, Taiwan

Post by Biker »

Hong Kong media outlet Stand News to shut down after arrests of executives, as press landscape darkens

Shibani Mahtani and Theodora Yu
The Washington Post
Dec. 29, 2021
Comments
HONG KONG - Stand News, one of the last independent news organizations in Hong Kong, was forced to cease operations Wednesday after police arrested six current and former executives in predawn raids, accusing them of a conspiracy to publish "seditious" material and freezing the company's assets.

The events followed a playbook used by authorities to shut down Apple Daily, the popular pro-democracy newspaper, earlier this year and underscore how swiftly they are moving to snuff out any remaining critical voices in the territory. Stand News was nominated this year for the Reporters Without Borders Press Freedom Prize.

Those arrested include the acting chief editor, Patrick Lam, along with the singer Denise Ho and the lawyer and former lawmaker Margaret Ng, who were both former board members of Stand News. A seventh person, a former Apple Daily executive who was already in jail facing national security charges, was also rearrested in connection with the Stand News case.

DON’T MISS OUR BEST DEAL! 6 MONTHS FOR 99¢: Unlimited Digital Access
ACT NOW
Police briefly detained Ronson Chan, Stand News's deputy assignment editor, who chairs the Hong Kong Journalists Association, and other executives to assist with the investigation. Chan tried to live-stream the raid when police arrived at his door, until officers told him to stop.

More than 200 police officers were deployed to Stand News's offices with a warrant that allowed them to search and seize any journalistic materials. Officers carted out boxes of materials, including computers and cellphones.

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/a ... 735489.php
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Re: Next up, Taiwan

Post by Charliesheen »

So what.

We are still able to cram our shitty pro sports on their society.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Oh yeah. Taiwan is fucked. Its not "if" its "when".
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

The British handed Hong Kong back to China in 1997. It was agreed that China would keep it semi-autonomous for 25 years (like until 3 days from now). Back then HK was the economic jewel of China. Now, after the Chinese economic miracle of the last 20 years, not so much. Taiwan is a totally different story.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Whats the over under now for China taking Taiwan? January 2023?

I'll go under
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

If the midterm elections aren't a rout of the Democrats, I'll take over. If the midterm elections are a rout, I agree.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

And Shit Show will take a dump in his diaper and have an ice cream cone.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker

Post by Biker »

Just in case any of you are worried about our military superiority. Relax, we're in good hands

JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Post by JackCoughsALot »

Russia took Crimea under Obama
All quiet under Trump
Taliban took Afghanistan under Biden
Everybody notices
Russia will take Ukraine under Biden
Now China will take Taiwan under Biden
North Korea and Iran are probably shopping for options too I'll bet. Have to get it started before midterms and done before 2024. Democrats are enablers.
Biker

Post by Biker »

JackCoughsALot wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:39 pm North Korea and Iran are probably shopping for options too I'll bet. Have to get it started before midterms and done before 2024. Democrats are enablers.
Iran will look to take Southeastern Iraq
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Unless Biden is a total wimp, I'm pretty sure this thread scenario is not going to happen. First, the independence of Taiwan has been a dedicated and stated policy of the US for over 70 years. Ukraine- not so much. Second, there is a huge difference between Russia taking a couple of steps and being in the country they are invading and 100 miles of open ocean with a navy almost larger than the rest of the World combined telling China it's not happening.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:18 pm Unless Biden is a total wimp, I'm pretty sure this thread scenario is not going to happen. First, the independence of Taiwan has been a dedicated and stated policy of the US for over 70 years. Ukraine- not so much. Second, there is a huge difference between Russia taking a couple of steps and being in the country they are invading and 100 miles of open ocean with a navy almost larger than the rest of the World combined telling China it's not happening.
Several false premises in your work.

First, there's not "unless Biden is a total wimp". We already know he is, and has always been. The question, though, is whether the people babysitting him -- the people actually making the decisions that he's credited with/blamed for -- are total wimps. Yes, yes they are.

Secondly, do you think China gives a fuck that Taiwan's independence has been the United States' policy for over 70 years? I promise you they do not. And now with Biden's babysitters "in charge", the President of China knows it's the right time to conquer as much of the world as he feels like conquering. He knows Biden's babysitters aren't going to do a goddamn thing about it.

Third, "telling China it's not happening" is a nice idea, but we all know it'll be just talk. Worst of all, China knows it.

China is going to humiliate Biden just like Putin has/will.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Deathproof wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:42 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:18 pm Unless Biden is a total wimp, I'm pretty sure this thread scenario is not going to happen. First, the independence of Taiwan has been a dedicated and stated policy of the US for over 70 years. Ukraine- not so much. Second, there is a huge difference between Russia taking a couple of steps and being in the country they are invading and 100 miles of open ocean with a navy almost larger than the rest of the World combined telling China it's not happening.

First, there's not "unless Biden is a total wimp". We already know he is, and has always been. The question, though, is whether the people babysitting him -- the people actually making the decisions that he's credited with/blamed for -- are total wimps. Yes, yes they are.

Secondly, do you think China gives a fuck that Taiwan's independence has been the United States' policy for over 70 years? I promise you they do not. And now with Biden's babysitters "in charge", the President of China knows it's the right time to conquer as much of the world as he feels like conquering. He knows Biden's babysitters aren't going to do a goddamn thing about it.

Third, "telling China it's not happening" is a nice idea, but we all know it'll be just talk. Worst of all, China knows it.

Good points but my opinion stands. There is one good thing we have that protects us from having any particular POTUS being a total disgrace/ wimp on the foreign stage. We outspend on the military the next 26 countries combined. Too bad 25 of them are our "allies".
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:03 pm
Deathproof wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:42 pm

Good points but my opinion stands. There is one good thing we have that protects us from having any particular POTUS being a total disgrace/ wimp on the foreign stage. We outspend on the military the next 26 countries combined. Too bad 25 of them are our "allies".
Agreed. Liberals like to whine about how much money we spend on the military, and how we should use it to pay off student loan debt or for yet more social handouts for lazy fuckers that don't work, but the money we spend on the military is the only reason Russia and/or China and/or Iran isn't using the Brandon "presidency" (so to speak) as an opportunity to conquer the United States.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden