Map Porn

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!
Post Reply
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Females scare me
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Map Porn

#426

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Hydroseismic wrote: ↑Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:12 pm
Animal wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:07 pm without trying to sound stupid, what is "3D" about that fracking map?
Nothing cause it's just a regular mapπŸ˜„
Any idea if they could do that whole real time 3D S while drilling? Especially horizontal.
User avatar
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:41 pm
Location: Looking for Dave

Re: Map Porn

#427

Post by stonedmegman »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: ↑Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:37 am
Hydroseismic wrote: ↑Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:12 pm
Animal wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:07 pm without trying to sound stupid, what is "3D" about that fracking map?
Nothing cause it's just a regular mapπŸ˜„
Any idea if they could do that whole real time 3D S while drilling? Especially horizontal.
Would that help at the m a n c a m p?
YOU ANNOY ME, THEREFORE I EXIST
User avatar
Hydroseismic
Fish fear me, trannys love me.
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:04 am
Location: South Texas
Interests: Women with drinking problems/daddy issues.
Occupation: Oilfield Exploration / Fishing Guide

Re: Map Porn

#428

Post by Hydroseismic »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: ↑Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:37 am
Hydroseismic wrote: ↑Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:12 pm
Animal wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:07 pm without trying to sound stupid, what is "3D" about that fracking map?
Nothing cause it's just a regular mapπŸ˜„
Any idea if they could do that whole real time 3D S while drilling? Especially horizontal.
I'm not aware of it ever being done or tried. The data would be amazing to look at. See if they really drilled up to the edge of the lease.
Faith is simple medicine for desperate souls.
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Females scare me
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Map Porn

#429

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Hydroseismic wrote: ↑Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:03 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: ↑Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:37 am
Hydroseismic wrote: ↑Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:12 pm
Animal wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:07 pm without trying to sound stupid, what is "3D" about that fracking map?
Nothing cause it's just a regular mapπŸ˜„
Any idea if they could do that whole real time 3D S while drilling? Especially horizontal.
I'm not aware of it ever being done or tried. The data would be amazing to look at. See if they really drilled up to the edge of the lease.
Not for that purpose. It's probably too slow drilling to need "real time" capability to be anywhere cost effective. I'm thinking when they are drilling through promising shale formations. Those are like layers of pancakes stacked on top of each other. Horizontal drillers brag about their accuracies, but I question that. Real time 3D S while drilling through a rich formation could mean something like a 500 barrel increase in production for a year or 2. Do the math at current prices to figure that benefit.
User avatar
Hydroseismic
Fish fear me, trannys love me.
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:04 am
Location: South Texas
Interests: Women with drinking problems/daddy issues.
Occupation: Oilfield Exploration / Fishing Guide

Re: Map Porn

#430

Post by Hydroseismic »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: ↑Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:29 am
Hydroseismic wrote: ↑Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:03 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: ↑Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:37 am
Hydroseismic wrote: ↑Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:12 pm
Animal wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:07 pm without trying to sound stupid, what is "3D" about that fracking map?
Nothing cause it's just a regular mapπŸ˜„
Any idea if they could do that whole real time 3D S while drilling? Especially horizontal.
I'm not aware of it ever being done or tried. The data would be amazing to look at. See if they really drilled up to the edge of the lease.
Not for that purpose. It's probably too slow drilling to need "real time" capability to be anywhere cost effective. I'm thinking when they are drilling through promising shale formations. Those are like layers of pancakes stacked on top of each other. Horizontal drillers brag about their accuracies, but I question that. Real time 3D S while drilling through a rich formation could mean something like a 500 barrel increase in production for a year or 2. Do the math at current prices to figure that benefit.
Do they use bendable pipe for the turn from. Vertical to horizontal? I'm try to wrap my head around that, couldn't be a typical 90 degree turn
Faith is simple medicine for desperate souls.
User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 21978
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Map Porn

#431

Post by Animal »

Hydroseismic wrote: ↑Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:18 am Do they use bendable pipe for the turn from. Vertical to horizontal? I'm try to wrap my head around that, couldn't be a typical 90 degree turn
The use high strength steel pipe, but the changes are so minor and over such long distances that the pipe bends similar to how a train navigates a gradual curve in a train track. The pipe is stiff, but it is thin, so it can make a gradual curve over a distance.

User avatar
Biker
Soulless Fuck
Posts: 9625
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Re: Map Porn

#432

Post by Biker »

Image
User avatar
squirt
More Anal, Less Shenanigans
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:40 pm
Interests: sleep
Occupation: taking care of the dying

Re: Map Porn

#433

Post by squirt »

That's crazy. I think the most I paid for a carton "back in the day" was about $10.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military AttachΓ©
Posts: 5699
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Map Porn

#434

Post by Antknot »

squirt wrote: ↑Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:05 pm That's crazy. I think the most I paid for a carton "back in the day" was about $10.
You must have quit in your teens.
User avatar
squirt
More Anal, Less Shenanigans
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:40 pm
Interests: sleep
Occupation: taking care of the dying

Re: Map Porn

#435

Post by squirt »

Antknot wrote: ↑Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:07 pm
squirt wrote: ↑Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:05 pm That's crazy. I think the most I paid for a carton "back in the day" was about $10.
You must have quit in your teens.
26-ish
User avatar
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker
Posts: 8443
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:49 am

Re: Map Porn

#436

Post by Charliesheen »

Image

Must be the weather, eh?
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Posts: 10776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Map Porn

#437

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Charliesheen wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:13 pm Image

Must be the weather, eh?
Access to the Great Lakes may be a factor.

Just sayin'.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Females scare me
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Map Porn

#438

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:22 pm
Charliesheen wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:13 pm Image

Must be the weather, eh?
Getting away from the fricking cold may be a factor.

Just sayin'.
ftfy
User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Posts: 10776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Map Porn

#439

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:30 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:22 pm
Charliesheen wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:13 pm Image

Must be the weather, eh?
Getting away from the fricking cold may be a factor.

Just sayin'.
ftfy
Canadians aren't afraid of the cold, you stupid plastic goldfish.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
User avatar
squirt
More Anal, Less Shenanigans
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:40 pm
Interests: sleep
Occupation: taking care of the dying

Re: Map Porn

#440

Post by squirt »

Reservoir Dog wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:33 pm you stupid plastic goldfish.
Wait, what? :lol: I kinda like it.
User avatar
Biker
Soulless Fuck
Posts: 9625
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Re: Map Porn

#441

Post by Biker »

Charliesheen wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:13 pm Image

Must be the weather, eh?
Thats right, there's a country to our north. I have a habit where I forget about them
User avatar
QillerDaemon
Nobody, really.
Posts: 3380
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:35 pm
Location: Beautiful downtown OrloVista FL
Interests: Picking my nose and playing Skyrim
Occupation: Router/Switch Jockey.

Re: Map Porn

#442

Post by QillerDaemon »

No sympathy from me to anyone who still continues to smoke these days and complains about the price of a pack or a carton of cancer sticks.

We all know it's a filthy and awful habit that does not do one single good thing for the health of your body. Literally money up in smoke. You smell awful with your breath and on your clothes. You can't breathe worth a shit, not even from a single flight of stairs. You are the reason you can look at any random patch of ground and see cig butts. You pollute the air for everyone around you. You can't go a whole work shift without a half-dozen smoke breaks, and you feel entitled to them when your non-smoking work partners get yelled at for taking time for a cup of water or a piss. Then you have the gall to complain you can't feed your kids, cuz well: a loaf of bread and a couple cans of soup, or another pack of cigs, your choice.

Wanna have an extra eight bucks in your pocket in your day? Quit, and tell the tobacco industry to shove their ill-gotten gains. Till then, no pity from me about either the price or the consequences of your nicotine habit. And yea, I'm an ex smoker, I know all the arguments you spew to defend that habit. I still hear them all from my family, almost to a person all cigarette smokers.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
User avatar
QillerDaemon
Nobody, really.
Posts: 3380
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:35 pm
Location: Beautiful downtown OrloVista FL
Interests: Picking my nose and playing Skyrim
Occupation: Router/Switch Jockey.

Re: Map Porn

#443

Post by QillerDaemon »

Biker wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:50 pm
Thats right, there's a country to our north. I have a habit where I forget about them
Depending on how the numbers get crunched, but you want to forget about the country that's our first, second, or third largest trading partner. The country that's literally the most like us in culture? :?
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
User avatar
Biker
Soulless Fuck
Posts: 9625
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Re: Map Porn

#444

Post by Biker »

QillerDaemon wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:26 pm
Biker wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:50 pm
Thats right, there's a country to our north. I have a habit where I forget about them
Depending on how the numbers get crunched, but you want to forget about the country that's our first, second, or third largest trading partner. The country that's literally the most like us in culture? :?
Oh :roll:
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:08 pm

Re: Map Porn

#445

Post by rule34 »

QillerDaemon wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:26 pm
Biker wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:50 pm
Thats right, there's a country to our north. I have a habit where I forget about them
Depending on how the numbers get crunched, but you want to forget about the country that's our first, second, or third largest trading partner. The country that's literally the most like us in culture? :?
Doesn't fit his agenda.
Wasn't on his feed.
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." Mae West
User avatar
FSchmertz
Best Avatar Ever
Posts: 4695
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37 am

Re: Map Porn

#446

Post by FSchmertz »

rule34 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:48 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:26 pm
Biker wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:50 pm
Thats right, there's a country to our north. I have a habit where I forget about them
Depending on how the numbers get crunched, but you want to forget about the country that's our first, second, or third largest trading partner. The country that's literally the most like us in culture? :?
Doesn't fit his agenda.
Wasn't on his feed.
Would want to bus them to NYC if they dared cross our border :P
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Females scare me
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Map Porn

#447

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

FSchmertz wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:54 pm
rule34 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:48 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:26 pm
Biker wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:50 pm
Thats right, there's a country to our north. I have a habit where I forget about them
Depending on how the numbers get crunched, but you want to forget about the country that's our first, second, or third largest trading partner. The country that's literally the most like us in culture? :?
Doesn't fit his agenda.
Wasn't on his feed.
Would want to bus them to NYC if they dared cross our border :P
Hell no. Bus them down to the Mexico border. Scare the beejesus out of the immigrants. Think they were looking at Martians or something.
User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Posts: 10776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Map Porn

#448

Post by Reservoir Dog »

squirt wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:45 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:33 pm you stupid plastic goldfish.
Wait, what? :lol: I kinda like it.
He's dumber than a plastic goldfish.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: ↑Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
User avatar
CentralTexasCrude
Females scare me
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Re: Map Porn

#449

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

This from the only Canadian ever to receive his PHD in Dr. Seuss literature.
Post Reply