NEW GAME: If you could only pick one stock for 2023

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: NEW GAME: If you could only pick one stock for 2023

Post by CHEEZY17 »

peterosehaircut wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:26 am I'm going to take something plain vanilla, give me Costco.
Costco has been one of my best performers. Its solid. It probably wont win you the competition but its a solid stock all around.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

pork wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:31 pm how much is tesla down since i said buy it?
Down 20 in pre market already. It was at 189. Pretty close to the number
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

pork wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:21 pm
pork wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:31 pm how much is tesla down since i said buy it?
Down 20 in pre market already. It was at 189. Pretty close to the number
does the market think Trump will get elected and pull back all of these "green" incentives that Biden has pushed?
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

i believe they lowered their margins thinking it would drive unit volume and it didn't really work. i have a tesla and its a great car. i will definitely be a buyer around 160. long term i dont think there is a better brand in that space and when the rest of the world can start using tesla charging it will get new revenue but i think it will hurt their unit sales again.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

pork wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:47 pm i believe they lowered their margins thinking it would drive unit volume and it didn't really work. i have a tesla and its a great car. i will definitely be a buyer around 160. long term i dont think there is a better brand in that space and when the rest of the world can start using tesla charging it will get new revenue but i think it will hurt their unit sales again.
I wonder how long Tesla remains a "car" company. I see them as Amazon like in that they will diversify and become a data company more than anything else. I believe they are looking to get into robotics heavily as well. I like them much more for the long term rather than the next 6-24 months.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

B-Tender wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:12 pm
pork wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:47 pm i believe they lowered their margins thinking it would drive unit volume and it didn't really work. i have a tesla and its a great car. i will definitely be a buyer around 160. long term i dont think there is a better brand in that space and when the rest of the world can start using tesla charging it will get new revenue but i think it will hurt their unit sales again.
I wonder how long Tesla remains a "car" company. I see them as Amazon like in that they will diversify and become a data company more than anything else. I believe they are looking to get into robotics heavily as well. I like them much more for the long term rather than the next 6-24 months.
Musk has two options when it comes to innovation. Tesla and SpaceX. Tesla is owned by shareholders and is basically his bank. Musk owns about 13% of Tesla shares. And SpaceX is owned by him personally and some private investors. Musk owns about 40% of SpaceX.

It would seem logical that Musk would be much more incentivized to move anything new and profitable into SpaceX instead of Tesla. Musk denies any plans to take SpaceX, including Starlink, public any time soon.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:28 pm
Musk has two options when it comes to innovation. Tesla and SpaceX. Tesla is owned by shareholders and is basically his bank. Musk owns about 13% of Tesla shares. And SpaceX is owned by him personally and some private investors. Musk owns about 40% of SpaceX.

It would seem logical that Musk would be much more incentivized to move anything new and profitable into SpaceX instead of Tesla. Musk denies any plans to take SpaceX, including Starlink, public any time soon.
He's been quoted in the media lately that he needs more shares to do some of the things he wants to do with Tesla.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/16/elon-mu ... power.html
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

B-Tender wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:38 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:28 pm

He's been quoted in the media lately that he needs more shares to do some of the things he wants to do with Tesla.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/16/elon-mu ... power.html
i read an article a few weeks ago that he said that he needs more skin in the game to stay interested in Tesla. So they would need to come up with a compensation deal to give him more shares. But we are talking about a LOT of shares. That article was sort of what got me to wondering why he would want to grow Tesla with any new ideas if he could just use SpaceX instead.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

If SpaceX ever goes public I'm buying a shit load.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

I've changed my mind, put me down for (NYSE:DEO)
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

I will stay with Amazon
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

So far, for the 2024 game, I have:

RD = CVS
Animal = SSNT SilverSun Technologies
Stonedmegman = NVidia
Porky = LDI Loan Depot Inc
Bluespruce = Microsoft
PeteRose = DEO Diageo Plc
Geist = AMD Advanced Micro Devices
Biker - MP Materials
CTC = Kinder Morgan
Hawkfan = Amazon
Antknot = Tesla
BigCheifn = GIS

That means we are waiting to hear from:

BTender
Disco's spectacular Tits
Cheezy
Hyper12
CharlieSheen
Rule34
SaltyDog
HighnDry

Get your picks in if you want to play.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

MP Materials (MP)
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

If geist wants his Nvidia he can have it. I kind of jumped on it jokingly. :lol:
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

stonedmegman wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:36 pm If geist wants his Nvidia he can have it. I kind of jumped on it jokingly. :lol:
Nah you can have it, I wanted to change it up anyhow. I'm leaning towards AMD but chances are I'll change my mind before feb 1.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Geist wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:46 pm
stonedmegman wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:36 pm If geist wants his Nvidia he can have it. I kind of jumped on it jokingly. :lol:
Nah you can have it, I wanted to change it up anyhow. I'm leaning towards AMD but chances are I'll change my mind before feb 1.
I will put you down for AMD now, and if you change it, just post it.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Elf Beauty Inc.

Ticker: ELF
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

RD = CVS
BTender = ELF Beauty Inc.
Disco's Tits = RICK
Stonedmegman = NVidia
Cheezy = BASFY Chemical Production
Bluespruce = Microsoft
Rule34 = PLTR
Biker - MP Materials
CTC = Kinder Morgan
Hawkfan = Amazon
Antknot = Tesla
BigCheifn = GIS

Hyper12
CharlieSheen
SaltyDog
HighnDry

Get your picks in if you want to play.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

GD I miss DiscoM so God Damn bad
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

BASFY
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:01 am GD I miss creeping out DiscoM so God Damn bad
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

Palantir Technologies
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:01 am GD I miss DiscoM so God Damn bad
We should include Disco, just in case she stops by. Since someone has already stolen her GIS stock, I looked around for a suitable replacement. I have decided on

RICK - Rick's Cabaret or actually known as RCI Hospitality Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates strip clubs, nightclubs, sports bars/restaurants, and a media and convention company that serves the adult club industry. RCI went public with an IPO in 1995 is listed on The NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol RICK.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:20 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:01 am GD I miss DiscoM so God Damn bad
We should include Disco, just in case she stops by. Since someone has already stolen her GIS stock, I looked around for a suitable replacement. I have decided on

RICK - Rick's Cabaret or actually known as RCI Hospitality Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates strip clubs, nightclubs, sports bars/restaurants, and a media and convention company that serves the adult club industry. RCI went public with an IPO in 1995 is listed on The NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol RICK.
Sounds good
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

RD = CVS
BTender = ELF Beauty Inc.
Disco's Tits = RICK
Stonedmegman = NVidia
Cheezy = BASFY Chemical Production
Bluespruce = Microsoft
Rule34 = PLTR
Biker - MP Materials
CTC = Kinder Morgan
Hawkfan = Amazon
Antknot = Tesla
BigCheifn = GIS

Hyper12
CharlieSheen
SaltyDog
HighnDry

There are not many remaining to hear from. If we don't hear from them, I will just put them each down for the same as last year.

The last I heard, SaltyDog was looking into either 21 Pineapples

Or John's Crazy Socks