Why would Russia invade Ukraine?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Re: Why would Russia invade Ukraine?

Post by Biker »

I’d love for Ukraine to win and all, but is it worth risking WW3 over? I think not
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:02 pm I’d love for Ukraine to win and all, but is it worth risking WW3 over? I think not
The best parts are watching russia use up all of its weapons stockpiles, spend all of its money, lost most of its available troops, learn the real fighting spirit of their citizens, and have sanctions that can be held for as long as we want. This war is of great benefit to us
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:05 pm
Biker wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:02 pm I’d love for Ukraine to win and all, but is it worth risking WW3 over? I think not
The best parts are watching russia use up all of its weapons stockpiles, spend all of its money, lost most of its available troops, learn the real fighting spirit of their citizens, and have sanctions that can be held for as long as we want. This war is of great benefit to us
Agreed, but if they escalate, Ukraine is on its own. Not our monkeys, not our circus
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

The main thing I've noticed over the last 2 decades+ is the absolute deplorable state our news media has become. Used to investigate, check sources and report. No more. We keep hearing for months about these Iranian drones Russia keeps obtaining and using to attack Ukraine including these new "Kamikaze" drones attacking around Kiev. Yet the media has never questioned how Iran developed such a robust military drone program. I think the answer (if you didn't know) would shock you. I know you won't be getting it from the media.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Biker wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:31 pm
Agreed, but if they escalate, Ukraine is on its own. Not our monkeys, not our circus
Which is why we never should've gotten involved to begin with.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Biker

Post by Biker »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:31 pm
Democrats just seem to love to fuck with Russia and to warmonger
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:29 pm The main thing I've noticed over the last 2 decades+ is the absolute deplorable state our news media has become. Used to investigate, check sources and report. No more. We keep hearing for months about these Iranian drones Russia keeps obtaining and using to attack Ukraine including these new "Kamikaze" drones attacking around Kiev. Yet the media has never questioned how Iran developed such a robust military drone program. I think the answer (if you didn't know) would shock you. I know you won't be getting it from the media.
I'll bump this since so one touched it.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Biker wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:40 pm
Deathproof wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:31 pm
Democrats just seem to love to fuck with Russia and to warmonger
Dick Cheney says "hold my beer"
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

BREAKING. Russian Army Announces It Will Withdraw From 2,000 Square Miles of Ukrainian Territory
https://redstate.com/streiff/2022/11/09 ... ry-n656785
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

did they run out of targets?
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Geist wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:35 am
Looked like they got one, rather than the whole row.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Don't worry, the ghost of kiev did a fly by later and mopped up the rest. >.>

I kid, I kid.

Now with US propaganda jokes aside; what I wonder if Ukraine will become the new "Berlin" and Cold War 2 will start under biden, or if they will posture for two years until he is out of office.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Biker

Post by Biker »

Russian forces have retreated to the other side of the Dneiper River

saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

It's nice of the Ukrainian President to show a measure of respect to Veterans.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Biker

Post by Biker »

saltydog wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:23 pm It's nice of the Ukrainian President to show a measure of respect to Veterans.
Looks like Biden's message of showing some damn gratitude came through
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Biker wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:34 pm
saltydog wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:23 pm It's nice of the Ukrainian President to show a measure of respect to Veterans.
Looks like Biden's message of showing some damn gratitude came through
It took awhile, but it sure looks like our advanced weapon systems we sent to Ukraine is starting to turn the tide. Later, I hope someone researches the story of how we got those systems into Ukraine. You just know Russia has spies everywhere in W Ukraine looking for those coming over the border so they can be attacked.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

This is starting to not look good. CNN has been an almost ridiculous cheerleader for Ukraine. For a year now they have kept two or three headline stories every day on their page that would lead you to think that Ukraine is winning the war. Every story has had an angle that things were changing for the better, etc....

But now, today, they are running a story that this "counter offensive" by Ukraine is not at all going well. This is the first story like this that they have had and it doesn't sound good.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Ukrainians continue to be slaughtered for NATO. Gotta keep feeding that military industrial complex ya know
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:29 pm Ukrainians continue to be slaughtered for NATO. Gotta keep feeding that military industrial complex ya know
Ukrainians have been in the way and fodder for the war machine for centuries. By nature of where Ukraine is located that area of land has been at war or conquered for nearly all of its existence. Alexander, Romans, Huns, Mongols, Russians, Poles, Germans, Turks, Persians...they've all been there. The Ukrainian people know war better than they know peace.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Huh. Surprised it took this long. If you attempt a coup you better hope you succeed.

Live: Ten dead as Wagner chief's private plane crashes in Russia
https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2023 ... gion-mayor
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:34 pm Huh. Surprised it took this long. If you attempt a coup you better hope you succeed.

Live: Ten dead as Wagner chief's private plane crashes in Russia
https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2023 ... gion-mayor
Hahahahahahaha
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Remember just after Shit Show imposed sanctions on Russia and people questioned whether or not they would work? Bidens answer was "ask me again in a month." 2 years later I wonder if anyone has asked him why Russias economy doesnt seem to be doing all that bad?

The West tried to crush Russia’s economy. Why hasn’t it worked?
From an unenforced oil price cap to rogue countries teaming up, Moscow is exploiting the West’s weaknesses.
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/2 ... s-00142713
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I have wondered this same thing. I was really hopeful that sanctions would work. Especially over a long period of time. My only concern was that they wouldn't work in a few months. But holy shit, its been 2 years now and they not only don't seem to work they seem to have zero effect. How can it go from possibly crippling Russia to zero effect at all?

And, then we hear Biden announce that after Nuvalneck's (sp?) murder, he is going to install 500 new sanctions. We had 500 more that we are just now using? Why haven't we implemented every single one already?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Pretty simple. The US has used this "Sanctions weapon" so many times in the past now, countries have figured out how to survive through them. Probably just read some literature from those countries and figured it out. Since most sanctions hurt because of finances, it was hugely effective when the US Dollar was the World's bedrock currency. Now that's it's backed with $35 Trillion in debt, not so much anymore.