Why would Russia invade Ukraine?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Why would Russia invade Ukraine?

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:26 pm Pretty simple. The US has used this "Sanctions weapon" so many times in the past now, countries have figured out how to survive through them. Probably just read some literature from those countries and figured it out. Since most sanctions hurt because of finances, it was hugely effective when the US Dollar was the World's bedrock currency. Now that's it's backed with $35 Trillion in debt, not so much anymore.
Well, they are probably selling North Korea everything that it imports right now. Mostly their oil. And we know that India is buying a shitload of its oil from Russia. I really don't understand why India isn't part of NATO.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:49 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:26 pm Pretty simple. The US has used this "Sanctions weapon" so many times in the past now, countries have figured out how to survive through them. Probably just read some literature from those countries and figured it out. Since most sanctions hurt because of finances, it was hugely effective when the US Dollar was the World's bedrock currency. Now that's it's backed with $35 Trillion in debt, not so much anymore.
Well, they are probably selling North Korea everything that it imports right now. Mostly their oil. And we know that India is buying a shitload of its oil from Russia. I really don't understand why India isn't part of NATO.
Human rights violations.

And I don't know why Russia still is.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

stonedmegman wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:00 pm
Human rights violations.

why russia still is what?
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:02 pm
Human rights violations.

A member of NATO.

*sorry, my mistake. I thought they were.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

stonedmegman wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:06 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:02 pm
Human rights violations.

A member of NATO.

that's kinda the entire whole point of the Ukraine war.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

stonedmegman wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:06 pm A member of NATO.

You were probably thinking UN.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

dot wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:28 pm
stonedmegman wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:06 pm A member of NATO.

You were probably thinking UN.
Yes. I was having a senior moment.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

India made a huge mistake back in the 1960's through 1970's. They had to pick a side in the Cold War- which economic and political system? Their leadership back then decided on Russia and Communism. Huge mistake that they still haven't recovered from economic or military. Been on the sideline ever since.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:46 pm
India made a huge mistake back in the 1960's through 1970's. They had to pick a side in the Cold War- which economic and political system? Their leadership back then decided on Russia and Communism. Huge mistake that they still haven't recovered from economic or military. Been on the sideline ever since.
India has the 5th largest economy on Earth. The 2nd largest active military on Earth. And they have nukes.
So what the fuck are you talking about? :roll:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

India has a pretty good military strategy that seems to be working even without any allies.

If you create a country with a large enough population and a country that is filthy enough and over populated, then no one will want anything that you have and will have no reason to attack you.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:04 pm
India has the 5th largest economy on Earth. The 2nd largest active military on Earth. And they have nukes.
Oh My God the ignorance. Where do I start? This could take up a whole chapter.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:29 pm
Well, get started. :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:31 pm
With your ignorance I need to sign a book contract with Simon and Schuster first.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

is indoor plumbing required for NATO membership?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:29 am is indoor plumbing required for NATO membership?
:lol: :lol: maybe it should be a requirement in the "New Member" list.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:12 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:31 pm

With your ignorance I need to sign a book contract with Simon and Schuster first.
Okay, Mr. Always Wrong. :lol: :lol: :lol:
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:27 pm India has a pretty good military strategy that seems to be working even without any allies.

If you create a country with a large enough population and a country that is filthy enough and over populated, then no one will want anything that you have and will have no reason to attack you.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."