Why would Russia invade Ukraine?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Why would Russia invade Ukraine?

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Russian forces in full retreat from Kharkiv as Ukraine seeks to turn tide of war
Vladimir Putin remained silent on the retreat — and spent Saturday inaugurating a Ferris wheel.
https://www.politico.eu/article/russian ... de-of-war/
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:01 pm Russian forces in full retreat from Kharkiv as Ukraine seeks to turn tide of war
Vladimir Putin remained silent on the retreat — and spent Saturday inaugurating a Ferris wheel.
https://www.politico.eu/article/russian ... de-of-war/
It took months to integrate into their forces, but I believe we are seeing the NATO (mostly from the US) sent weaponry starting to turn the tide. It's never been mentioned by anyone, but you just know the US has some special forces working in Country under total secrecy. Kicking Ruskie butt.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

the best part of this war is that it has bankrupted russian currency and it has completely depleted their weapons stockpile. I hear they are buying shit from Iran that more than 50% doesn't even work.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

According to Tulsi and Tucker, Russia will win.
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Who wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:53 pm According to Tulsi and Tucker, Russia will win.
that's a pretty safe prediction. if there was a line in Vegas, i can't even imagine how much of a favorite russia would be.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Animal wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:22 am
Who wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:53 pm According to Tulsi and Tucker, Russia will win.
that's a pretty safe prediction. if there was a line in Vegas, i can't even imagine how much of a favorite russia would be.
Russia is a tad over rated except when it comes to helping folks jump from windows or drinking spiked tea. Didn’t they lose most of their tanks the first month?
Now their army is moving in reverse , when this is over they may even lose Crimea and the shipping lanes
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Who wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:56 am
Russia is a tad over rated except when it comes to helping folks jump from windows or drinking spiked tea. Didn’t they lose most of their tanks the first month?
Now their army is moving in reverse , when this is over they may even lose Crimea and the shipping lanes
yep. their biggest obstacle is morale. Putin had to use Chechnyn (sp?) rebels to fill most of the battle positions. Evidently Putin was impressed with their tenacity when Russia attacked them several years ago. In Ukraine, the Russians are basically attacking Russians, so its a bit of a climb to convince the soldiers to want to kill people.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Like I said within a few days of this war starting, be very very wary of any Western propaganda. Ukraine is desperate for any good news and maybe catching the Russians redeploying and grabbing some quick territory is all we are looking at. Long term deep pushback by the Ukrainian forces is all that matters.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:46 am Like I said within a few days of this war starting, be very very wary of any Western propaganda. Ukraine is desperate for any good news and maybe catching the Russians redeploying and grabbing some quick territory is all we are looking at. Long term deep pushback by the Ukrainian forces is all that matters.
thank you. are you ever wrong about anything?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:52 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:46 am Like I said within a few days of this war starting, be very very wary of any Western propaganda. Ukraine is desperate for any good news and maybe catching the Russians redeploying and grabbing some quick territory is all we are looking at. Long term deep pushback by the Ukrainian forces is all that matters.
Just saying see post #180 dated Feb 25th.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:20 am
what are your thoughts on water being wet? I have heard speculation, but i'm just not sure.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

I'm not so sure. Ukraine has been liberating town after town in Kharkiv Oblast, and apparently now, in Luhansk Oblast. Rumors are swirling that Russian forces are right now negotiating surrender in the Kherson Oblast.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:26 pm
I'm not so sure. Ukraine has been liberating town after town in Kharkiv Oblast, and apparently now, in Luhansk Oblast. Rumors are swirling that Russian forces are right now negotiating surrender in the Kherson Oblast.
No. I totally get it. I'm just saying that if someone was going to make a prediction a while back, a pretty safe one would have been that Russia would be the heavy favorite.

I am hearing all of these reports about the success Ukraine is having right now. As well as the reports of morale problems within the Russians. I am also reading about reports in Russia calling for the resignation of Putin.

But you have to remind yourself that leaders like Putin aren't going to go down easily.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Hard to imagine life as a Russian soldier in Ukraine.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:37 pm But you have to remind yourself that leaders like Putin aren't going to go down easily.
Yep, and this is where things can get terribly bad. Russia is clearly a paper tiger with outdated equipment and weaponry, a poorly trained army, a dysfunctional and whacked organizational structure, and a shit logistics apparatus. But still, they have nuclear weapons, so we need to pretend that they get to sit at the big boys table
Biker

Post by Biker »

Charliesheen wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:39 pm Hard to imagine life as a Russian soldier in Ukraine.
Recently captured Russian troops. There's a guy literally wearing a pair of Pumas. :lol:

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

They look hungry
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:43 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:39 pm Hard to imagine life as a Russian soldier in Ukraine.
Recently captured Russian troops. There's a guy literally wearing a pair of Pumas. :lol:

I think I see some white Adidas. Are the shoes circled Pumas?

P.S. Looked closer, and the circled shoes look like dress shoes, and I see two sets of Adidas and a pair of New Balance sneakers.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

those look like what show up at my door and claim to be concrete finishers. they typically don't last until the end of the first day. then show back up on payday to get their last check.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Again, like I said 6 months ago, be very wary of propaganda. Biker calls these "Russian Troops". You see any uniforms in that bunch? Probably just captured Pro-Russian militia.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:04 pm
what are your thoughts on water being wet? I have heard speculation, but i'm just not sure.
Well, since this whole thing is your thread, I'm pretty sure you won't mind going back and noticing 3 things I posted very early. The first 2 were geo-political in nature. The first was super obvious- the effect of Russian energy supplies on Europe. The second was the importance of Ukrainian crops (especially wheat) on the world situation. I'm pretty sure nobody predicted a mid-Summer Russia-Ukraine partial cease fire so the Ukrainian wheat could be shipped from Russia controlled Black Sea ports to countries on the brink of starvation. I also opinioned that the whole purpose of the war by Russia was to gain a buffer zone in Eastern Ukraine. Feel free to look at the 6 month map and judge for yourself. Looking back at your posts in this thread, I don't see you predicting or mouthing an opinion on shit.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:07 pm
Well, since this whole thing is your thread, I'm pretty sure you won't mind going back and noticing 3 things I posted very early. The first 2 were geo-political in nature. The first was super obvious- the effect of Russian energy supplies on Europe. The second was the importance of Ukrainian crops (especially wheat) on the world situation. I'm pretty sure nobody predicted a mid-Summer Russia-Ukraine partial cease fire so the Ukrainian wheat could be shipped from Russia controlled Black Sea ports to countries on the brink of starvation. I also opinioned that the whole purpose of the war by Russia was to gain a buffer zone in Eastern Ukraine. Feel free to look at the 6 month map and judge for yourself. Looking back at your posts in this thread, I don't see you predicting or mouthing an opinion on shit.
:lol: you predicted that Russia sold energy to Europe. You predicted that Ukraine produced a lot of wheat. And you predicted that Russia wanted a buffer zone against NATO.

Wow. That's really out on the limb don't you think?
Biker

Post by Biker »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:50 pm

Again, like I said 6 months ago, be very wary of propaganda. Biker calls these "Russian Troops". You see any uniforms in that bunch? Probably just captured Pro-Russian militia.
Fuck off
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:13 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:07 pm
:lol: you predicted that Russia sold energy to Europe. You predicted that Ukraine produced a lot of wheat. And you predicted that Russia wanted a buffer zone against NATO.

Wow. That's really out on the limb don't you think?
No, just you doing the usual shit spouting. My only prediction was Russia's war aim being occupying Eastern Ukraine as a buffer zone-so far that seems accurate. The other 2 were just comments. Like I said, the Russian energy impact was a no-brainer. My comment though on Ukraine being the breadbasket for a huge area turned out to be absolutely spot on. Ever hear of 2 countries at war doing a partial cease fire so the produce of one could be shipped from the ports of the other (and making sure all the money gets sent to the right places) to avert a global famine problem? Yeah, me neither. May I suggest (especially since, you know, this is your thread) that you do some research before making stupid and asinine comments.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Biker wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:31 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:50 pm

Fuck off
Stop being a propaganda cuck. You are better than that.