Justice Breyer sees the writing on the wall

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Justice Breyer sees the writing on the wall

Post by Biker »

Justice Stephen Breyer to retire from Supreme Court, paving way for Biden appointment

The liberal justice’s decision to step down after more than 27 years on the court allows the president to appoint a successor who could serve for decades.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Re: Justice Breyer sees the writing on the wall

Post by Charliesheen »

Whomever they appoint will make Ruth Bader Ginsberg seem like a goose stepper.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

So, I guess the takeaway in today's world is that if you are a judge and you have any aspirations of the Supreme Court, then you need to be as partisan as you can possibly be in every decision you make. Especially the hot political topics like abortion. Biden will probably nominate a black woman who has had an abortion.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Bottom line, this won't make one bit of difference in the 6-3 SCOTUS makeup. One liberal for another.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

All Mitch has to do is block any votes or nominations for a little over 2 years.
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

Animal wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:56 pm So, I guess the takeaway in today's world is that if you are a judge and you have any aspirations of the Supreme Court, then you need to be as partisan as you can possibly be in every decision you make. Especially the hot political topics like abortion. Biden will probably nominate a black woman who has had an abortion.
This will be his “Quota” appointment. If he really wants to fill his quota, he should appoint a black female transgender or a black MTF transitioned judge. He could go even even further and appoint a trans species judge like AOC that is a cross between a Hispanic human and a jackass. To hell with qualifications.

I’m sure that whoever he appoints will be able to answer any questions axed if her during the nomination proceedings.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

The name I see suggested is Ketanji Brown Jackson.
Jackson is widely seen as the front-runner to be nominated as Breyer’s replacement.

The Senate confirmed the 51-year-old on a 53-44 vote last June vote to serve on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, widely viewed as the second-most powerful court in the country. She received support from all 50 Democrats, plus GOP support from Sens. Susan Collins (Maine), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Lindsey Graham (S.C.).

In a narrowly divided Senate where Democrats can afford no defections without Republican support, Jackson offers a potential nominee who has already been confirmed by moderates like Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.).

Jackson filled the vacancy on the D.C. court created when Biden chose Merrick Garland to serve as attorney general.

She previously served as a federal district court judge in D.C., and was considered for the Supreme Court in 2016 when former President Obama was searching for a nominee following the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:11 pm Bottom line, this won't make one bit of difference in the 6-3 SCOTUS makeup. One liberal for another.
Its to secure the liberal seat for the future. That way Beyer won't retire or die during the obvious republican president next term, because Joe is going to die whether for real or as it appears, in the eyes of literally everyone.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

necronomous wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:49 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:11 pm Bottom line, this won't make one bit of difference in the 6-3 SCOTUS makeup. One liberal for another.
Its to secure the liberal seat for the future. That way Beyer won't retire or die during the obvious republican president next term, because Joe is going to die whether for real or as it appears, in the eyes of literally everyone.
Agree. He would be a wise to follow Trump's playbook on this pick long term. Trump not only picked 3 Constitutional conservatives, but ones who are very young so as to have a long term impact. Another point. Other than Reagan's famous 1980 campaign promise to appoint a woman to the court if he ever was given the chance, has anyone ever running for office promised the candidates not only gender, but race? I mean, what does that say about your politics before Country?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:33 pm
Agree. He would be a wise to follow Trump's playbook on this pick long term. Trump not only picked 3 Constitutional conservatives, but ones who are very young so as to have a long term impact. Another point. Other than Reagan's famous 1980 campaign promise to appoint a woman to the court if he ever was given the chance, has anyone ever running for office promised the candidates not only gender, but race? I mean, what does that say about your politics before Country?
you just pointed out that trump used age as a determining factor 3 times. You can't in the very next sentence attack someone for using race.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:13 pm
you just pointed out that trump used age as a determining factor 3 times. You can't in the very next sentence attack someone for using race.
And as usual missing the point. Factoring in the age of an (and I'll highlight the difference for you in quotation marks) "imminently qualified candidate" in deciding his choices makes perfect sense. I don't remember in 2016 Trump ever making the campaign promise that if given 3 chances to nominate persons to SCOTUS in his first term, he ever "Go with a Jewish male first, followed by a black female and finish with a Hispanic male". You see the difference, right?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:51 pm
And as usual missing the point. Factoring in the age of an (and I'll highlight the difference for you in quotation marks) "imminently qualified candidate" in deciding his choices makes perfect sense. I don't remember in 2016 Trump ever making the campaign promise that if given 3 chances to nominate persons to SCOTUS in his first term, he ever "Go with a Jewish male first, followed by a black female and finish with a Hispanic male". You see the difference, right?
There is no difference. The point you are trying to make is that a person should be chosen solely based on their qualifications, not their race or sex or religion or AGE. Biden will do exactly the same thing that Trump did and every other President before either of them. He will nominate someone that gathers him the most political currency. Someone that mirrors the views of his party, that reflects the image their party wants to see right now, and someone that can serve as long as possible. No one is reinventing this process.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

and, to be honest, i think that Trump published a list of names that any appointments would come from. When he was a candidate, he did that.
Biker

Post by Biker »

I wonder if he uses this opp to get rid of that cunt Camilla
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

The chief executive of the Federal Government is openly and purposefully violating its own rules. Biden has effectively declared that White, Asian, Hispanic or gay men and women will not be considered.

Title VII prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex and national origin. The Civil Rights Act of 1991 (Pub. L. 102-166)
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:01 pm I wonder if he uses this opp to get rid of that cunt Camilla
:lol: I thought about that. What a great opportunity to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:58 pm
There is no difference. The point you are trying to make is that a person should be chosen solely based on their qualifications, not their race or sex or religion or AGE. Biden will do exactly the same thing that Trump did and every other President before either of them. He will nominate someone that gathers him the most political currency. Someone that mirrors the views of his party, that reflects the image their party wants to see right now, and someone that can serve as long as possible. No one is reinventing this process.
Biden has limited his choice by using factors that don't affect the candidates ability to do the job. Not saying he can't find one but he has eliminated 90% of the possible candidates
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i agree completely with what you are saying. It infuriates me that people think that in order to be racially equal, you have to bring up race in the first place. To me that just seems to cancel out any good that you were attempting. Why not make the process fair, make your list of the best qualified and then just pick a black woman and not go into any detail at all about how her race or gender might have entered into the process.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Antknot wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:24 pm

Biden has limited his choice by using factors that don't affect the candidates ability to do the job. Not saying he can't find one but he has eliminated 90% of the possible candidates
Exactly. And yes, Trump did post a list of candidates he was looking over (probably for Senator's input) after he was elected. He never made a campaign promise (even had he known he would have 3) like "My first pick will be a Jewish male, followed by a Black female and I'll finish up with an Hispanic male".
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:34 pm
Exactly. And yes, Trump did post a list of candidates he was looking over (probably for Senator's input) after he was elected. He never made a campaign promise (even had he known he would have 3) like "My first pick will be a Jewish male, followed by a Black female and I'll finish up with an Hispanic male".
Yeah, Trump went straight to "I'm going to pick the rapist."
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:34 pm Exactly. And yes, Trump did post a list of candidates he was looking over (probably for Senator's input) after he was elected. He never made a campaign promise (even had he known he would have 3) like "My first pick will be a Jewish male, followed by a Black female and I'll finish up with an Hispanic male".
Trump posted a list BEFORE he was elected. It was a campaign promise to pick from that list. He made a big deal about it because everyone knew one of the first jobs of the new president after that election was to nominate someone to take Scalia's place.
Biker

Post by Biker »

BigRedRetard wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:03 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:52 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:34 pm
Yeah, Trump went straight to "I'm going to pick the rapist."
Rapist? Who might this rapist be?
Ricky being Ricky #DumbAsARock
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Anyway. Meh on whoever he picks. With the current makeup of Scotus, she (I guess) will be spending the next 20 years (at least on Constitutional decisions) endlessly signing off on 6-3 or 5-4 minority opinions. And something else that hasn't been mentioned. With Breyer (Clinton mid 90's) gone, this court with it's age may not have a turnover again for 15-20 years. Barring illness, death etc.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:56 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:34 pm Exactly. And yes, Trump did post a list of candidates he was looking over (probably for Senator's input) after he was elected. He never made a campaign promise (even had he known he would have 3) like "My first pick will be a Jewish male, followed by a Black female and I'll finish up with an Hispanic male".
Trump posted a list BEFORE he was elected. It was a campaign promise to pick from that list. He made a big deal about it because everyone knew one of the first jobs of the new president after that election was to nominate someone to take Scalia's place.
That list was based entirely on ideological viewpoint and historical rulings. Bidens list is based on race and sex. You honestly dont see the difference?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."