love him or hate him???

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

pork
Grouchy old fart.

love him or hate him???

Post by pork »

Joe Rogan

I am a big fan. This cancel culture garbage has got to stop. I say let Neil young and the rest of the washed out musicians take their shitty music and go. Rogan pushes the envelope on some stuff but he is pretty clear that he is usually just stoned and talking shit. He has fantastic interviews and a very diverse group of people on his show.

the recent Jordan Peterson interview was great.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Re: love him or hate him???

Post by Biker »

I'm a huge fan as well. The Malone interview was awesome and I love when Mike Baker makes his appearances
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Don't like when someone decides to try to silence speech.

But I don't listen to the dude, or any other podcasts. Guess I'm just an old fart. ;)

I think running a disclaimer before his shows might be the right thing to do. Even Rogan has personally made disclaimers about what's presented on his shows.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

I've never listened to him. But this is very obviously Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, and their ilk attempting to become relevant again.

But if we're gonna put a "minsinformation" disclaimer in front of his podcast, we need to put a "misinformation" disclaimer in front of literally every liberal-slanted broadcast, article, and "news" program. But I know we won't do that.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

"minsinformation" disclaimer in front of his podcast, we need to put a "misinformation" disclaimer in front of literally every liberal-slanted broadcast, article, and "news" program.
Would you agree that, if this was done, it should also be done for Fox et al for their "news" misinformation?

P.S. Though yes, if they put something on Rogan's podcast, what's the justification for not doing it for MessNBCs and Faux's bloviators, who often present questionable content?
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

FSchmertz wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:24 pm
"minsinformation" disclaimer in front of his podcast, we need to put a "misinformation" disclaimer in front of literally every liberal-slanted broadcast, article, and "news" program.
Would you agree that, if this was done, it should also be done for Fox et al for their "news" misinformation?

P.S. Though yes, if they put something on Rogan's podcast, what's the justification for not doing it for MessNBCs and Faux's bloviators, who often present questionable content?
No. I would not. Conservative broadcasters tend to tell us how it is.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Deathproof wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:31 pm

No. I would not. Conservative broadcasters tend to tell us how it is.
Yeah right. :lol:
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

This post is obviously in the wrong place. Mod?
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

I though he was a fair comedian in his time, and he made Fear Factor worth watching. Outside of that, I don't think of him much in any fashion. But it's Spotify's platform, it's a privately owned area, and they can allow or disallow as they please. I get tired of people who let whatever slim comes out of their pie hole as if every word is the truth, but can be relatively easy to show spout out complete non-sense. Nobody can claim "Da Furse Amemment!" on someone else's non-publicly owned media.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

I lost some songs from my Playlist (including the entire Live Year of the Horse Album, that shit was good) but still get to listen to Joe Rogan. Seems right to me. Glad Spotify hasn't given into the pressure, yet!
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:50 pm I though he was a fair comedian in his time, and he made Fear Factor worth watching. Outside of that, I don't think of him much in any fashion. But it's Spotify's platform, it's a privately owned area, and they can allow or disallow as they please. I get tired of people who let whatever slim comes out of their pie hole as if every word is the truth, but can be relatively easy to show spout out complete non-sense. Nobody can claim "Da Furse Amemment!" on someone else's non-publicly owned media.
This seems to be the default sentiment used to justify cancel culture
JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Post by JackCoughsALot »

need to put a misinformation disclaimer on the cdc and who websites then because a lot of their information has turned out to be crap
JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Post by JackCoughsALot »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:50 pm I though he was a fair comedian in his time, and he made Fear Factor worth watching. Outside of that, I don't think of him much in any fashion. But it's Spotify's platform, it's a privately owned area, and they can allow or disallow as they please. I get tired of people who let whatever slim comes out of their pie hole as if every word is the truth, but can be relatively easy to show spout out complete non-sense. Nobody can claim "Da Furse Amemment!" on someone else's non-publicly owned media.
Spotify doesn't have a problem with Rogan. Old hippy musicians and lefties do. So clearly they don't think Spotify has a right to publish whatever they want on their private platform. They think they should have a say and nobody else.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

JackCoughsALot wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:22 pm need to put a misinformation disclaimer on the cdc and who websites then because a lot of their information has turned out to be crap
I don't think you can really claim any of that was deliberate.

That's kinda the way science is. Get closer and closer to the truth, but sometimes the evidence from further research proves you wrong, or at least partly incorrect.

But some people spout stuff either knowingly untrue, or without real supporting evidence. Some of those people are on Spotify. :P
JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Post by JackCoughsALot »

FSchmertz wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:29 pm
JackCoughsALot wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:22 pm need to put a misinformation disclaimer on the cdc and who websites then because a lot of their information has turned out to be crap

That's kinda the way science is. Get closer and closer to the truth, but sometimes the evidence from further research proves you wrong, or at least partly incorrect.

But some people spout stuff either knowingly untrue, or without real supporting evidence. Some of those people are on Spotify. :P
Can you prove it wasn't deliberate? Can you prove joe rogan's was deliberate? and what specifically was misinformation from Rogan and where's the proof that he or his guest were wrong?
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Biker

Post by Biker »

Here's an idea; Allow the listener to make up his own mind
Biker

Post by Biker »

Fuck off, I love to be buttfucked.

Big Tech is much more than private spaces; its a public forum and any cunt that thinks its ok to give into pressure and silence dissenting voices need to be taken to the guillotine
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

Biker wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:04 pm

Because there seems to be a large contingent of listeners who accept what their idols say as gospel without question.
So a disclaimer would do no good anyway.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

JackCoughsALot wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:57 pm

Can you prove it wasn't deliberate? Can you prove joe rogan's was deliberate? and what specifically was misinformation from Rogan and where's the proof that he or his guest were wrong?
Classic denier argument method, dumping all the work on the other person to prove everything, and never supporting their arguments, just answering whatever I would post with more arguments.

Not going to bother. You can look up the numerous examples of people who've gone on his show and spouted obvious B.S. for yourself (which you won't). It wouldn't make any difference to you conspirator's mind.
Hydroseismic
Fish fear me, trannys love me.
Interests: Women with drinking problems/daddy issues.

Post by Hydroseismic »

That's been my argument
Faith is simple medicine for desperate souls.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

you're a pretty good example of why that's a terrible idea.
JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Post by JackCoughsALot »

FSchmertz wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:56 pm
JackCoughsALot wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:57 pm

Classic denier argument method, dumping all the work on the other person to prove everything, and never supporting their arguments, just answering whatever I would post with more arguments.

Not going to bother. You can look up the numerous examples of people who've gone on his show and spouted obvious B.S. for yourself (which you won't). It wouldn't make any difference to you conspirator's mind.
I'm challenging the conclusions you've drawn and spew as fact. You can keep believing everything the government says as gospel and challenge nothing, but don't call that science.
theclap
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by theclap »

I think the fact our Federal Government has asked the private platform to muzzle Joe Rogan is the truely disturbing part.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Neither. I find his show enjoyable at times and incredibly boring at times. Fuck anyone who wants to censor him or any other podcaster.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."