What is the "Red Line"?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

What is the "Red Line"?

Post by CHEEZY17 »

For some people to want to get involved?
Russia is clearly attacking civilian targets.
Russia clearly has a goal of controlling the many nuclear power plants there. Then what?
Russia clearly has a goal of expanding their authoritarian influence through military action.
Putin clearly is in a different thought process now of how Russia deals with the world

These are known and on full display.

What exactly must happen for the fence sitters to say: "Well, thats it. Fuck him. Its time to step up our game."

Europe clearly has a vested interest in this and their tepid response has baffled me. Why this outright aggression and hostility hasnt been forcefully addressed and condemned in clear, forceful and undeniable words and actions is disgraceful.
I understand its complicated. I understand perceived "acts of aggression" and "escalation". I get it, I really do and I understand the stakes and understand the caution.
This action was brought to the western world. We did not seek it out. Our (the free western worlds) actions would simply be the response to unprovoked aggression.

If the causes listed above are not worthy of a more unified, strong response beyond what we're seeing, what is? Whats your line?
(And BTW, I'm not saying we should send our military to directly engage the Russians)
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Re: What is the "Red Line"?

Post by Biker »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:49 pm For me there is no line. I want zero US troops involved.
This is the correct answer
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Biker wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:52 pm
BigRedRetard wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:49 pm For me there is no line. I want zero US troops involved.
What the two communist sympathizers said
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:11 pm
Who wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:43 pm
I fucking hate communists. Leftism is bad now matter how you slice it.
Who's mad because he has to be against the side that the left are more closely aligned with.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

necronomous wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:59 pm
Who's mad because he has to be against the side that the left are more closely aligned with.
You people do realize that Russia is not a communist country, right?
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Deathproof wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:57 pm
necronomous wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:59 pm
You people do realize that Russia is not a communist country, right?
My statement was about communism as still being seen as bad, yet the left is very much close to them and they desire it, at least a lot do.
Last edited by necronomous on Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Post by JackCoughsALot »

"Communism would work if I was in charge" - What every liberal thinks but never says
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Actually, I think that these sanctions and the growing calls to charge Putin with war crimes is going to be enough. Its not going to happen quickly, but I think it will work. I hear that we might be working on a side deal to supply war planes through another country. that could change things very quickly with regards to these sitting duck convoys.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:25 am I hear that we might be working on a side deal to supply war planes through another country. that could change things very quickly with regards to these sitting duck convoys.
Might as well declare war then, no? Thats how Putin will see it
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:26 am
Animal wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:25 am I hear that we might be working on a side deal to supply war planes through another country. that could change things very quickly with regards to these sitting duck convoys.
Might as well declare war then, no? Thats how Putin will see it
everything that has been done so far has been seen as war by Putin. He said the sanctions alone are viewed as war by every country that issues them. He said that anything anyone does to help Ukraine is viewed as war.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I don't think you can look at any measure in terms of how Putin will view it. You have to look at them in terms of what is legal and defined by the various international laws and organizations. Russia got up votes from Syria, North Korea, Belarus, and some other country I had never heard of when the UN voted on whether Russia should get out of Ukraine. While not every country joins in the financial sanctions, every country that is not run by a strict dictator, believe Russia is in the wrong.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

disco.moon wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:51 pm It's only a matter of time.

Pretty much. Give em the ol "atta boy!" and a smack on the ass.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I dont want US troops there either and the last line of my post says that. I think we could be doing a lot besides that though. Why are we still buying Russian oil and tying the hands of our own producers?
Why didnt we come out forcefully as soon as this happened instead of the wishy-washy approach the administration has taken.
Everyone knew what was going to happen- including the administration. They said as much. When the buildup started months ago it should have been made very clear, in forceful terms, what it would be viewed as. Instead we got mealy-mouthed threats and and overall sense of "meh".
It looks like we might be trying to do some more now but why did it have to get this far for some action?
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:01 am
Why didnt we come out forcefully as soon as this happened instead of the wishy-washy approach the administration has taken.
Everyone knew what was going to happen- including the administration. They said as much. When the buildup started months ago it should have been made very clear, in forceful terms, what it would be viewed as. Instead we got mealy-mouthed threats and and overall sense of "meh".
It looks like we might be trying to do some more now but why did it have to get this far for some action?
Because our "leadership", so to speak, is a dementia-ridden, addle-brained pussy, and the people actually making the decisions that he parrots are even worse.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I think this whole "Russian Oil" thing is a good example of how our new "social media driven" politics makes for bad decisions. I think the smart people realize that cutting off Russian oil hurts us and helps Putin. As backward as that sounds it is going to drive up global oil prices and hurt us to a great extent. Oil briefly hit $130 today. And, meanwhile, it is going to raise the price that Russia ultimately gets for the oil that we did not buy. I know its a bit more complicated than that simple explanation, but those are the results.

BUT, because the drum beat here is to Cancel Russia in every way, including oil, then that will ultimately be what Biden will do. Honestly, whether he does it or not, the markets are already responding to it as if he did.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Not if we weren't buying that much from them in the first place. Our buying from them is a direct result of our current domestic production policies. We have proven in the past we don't need their product yet some folks here would rather hamstring our domestic production and support a dictator instead.
Smart people understand that increasing our domestic production and reducing our reliance on imported product is the best way to stabilize and reduce cost for Americans.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:29 pm Not if we weren't buying that much from them in the first place. Our buying from them is a direct result of our current domestic production policies. We have proven in the past we don't need their product yet some folks here would rather hamstring our domestic production and support a dictator instead.
Smart people understand that increasing our domestic production and reducing our reliance on imported product is the best way to stabilize and reduce cost for Americans.
I agree with that if you could turn the clock back. But you can't so we are stuck making decisions with the cards we are dealt. Our producers here back into their prices like any producer on the globe, so if oil is selling for $130 a barrel, then that's what it will cost here.

I think we buy around 8% of our oil from Russia. That was a mistake to get involved in, but cutting the cord right now is going to result in what I said above. Higher prices for us and more profits for Putin.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Animal wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:34 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:29 pm Not if we weren't buying that much from them in the first place. Our buying from them is a direct result of our current domestic production policies. We have proven in the past we don't need their product yet some folks here would rather hamstring our domestic production and support a dictator instead.
I agree with that if you could turn the clock back. But you can't so we are stuck making decisions with the cards we are dealt. Our producers here back into their prices like any producer on the globe, so if oil is selling for $130 a barrel, then that's what it will cost here.

I think we buy around 8% of our oil from Russia. That was a mistake to get involved in, but cutting the cord right now is going to result in what I said above. Higher prices for us and more profits for Putin.
Even though I don't like how we have this role as the world's babysitter, thereby setting the example for the world, I believe that if we stop buying Russian oil, most of the world will as well. It'll be hard for Putin to make much of a profit if only 5 countries are buying his oil.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Deathproof wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:11 pm

Even though I don't like how we have this role as the world's babysitter, thereby setting the example for the world, I believe that if we stop buying Russian oil, most of the world will as well. It'll be hard for Putin to make much of a profit if only 5 countries are buying his oil.
I think the Chinese will take all that he has to sell. I think they have been the problem with using oil as any kind of strategy.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Animal wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:01 pm

I think the Chinese will take all that he has to sell. I think they have been the problem with using oil as any kind of strategy.
But why would they buy more than they need? And if they did, would they really pay exorbitant prices for oil they don't even need? That doesn't make sense.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Deathproof wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:03 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:01 pm

But why would they buy more than they need? And if they did, would they really pay exorbitant prices for oil they don't even need? That doesn't make sense.
they would not take more than they would need. China imports around 8 million barrels of oil a day. The US only imports around 200,000 barrels of oil a day from Russia. You don't think China would pick up that slack if russia gave them a slight discount? The chinese are already importing some of their oil from russia. If oil is trading at $120/barrel, Russia will easily sell the 200,000 barrels that we stop buying. Just look at the markets today on the news that they think Biden is going to stop buying Russian oil.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

But does China need 200,000 barrels a day?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Deathproof wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:12 pm But does China need 200,000 barrels a day?
They import around 8 million barrels a day. They get around 2 million of that from Russia. They get around 2 million from Saudi Arabia, 1 million from Angola, 1 million from Iraq, 1 million from Oman, 1 million from Iran, then Brazil, Kuwait, Venezuala, and UAE. They could swap 200,000 barrels from any name on that list and pick up the slack for what russia needs to dump because of losing us.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Yes, losing just the US wouldnt hurt Russia. The entirety of NATO would have to be on board to really hurt them and as is evidenced here in real time, Europe is completely beholden to Russian energy. China probably couldnt pick up that much slack.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Honestly, I firmly believe this administration only cares about the high gas prices to the extent that it is hurting them politically. I think in many ways they WANT the price of gas to be higher. They WANT Americans to think gas is too expensive. They WANT Americans to think about electric cars. Theyre walking a tightrope right now of trying to look like theyre really concerned while quietly hoping it pushes us toward their green agenda.