Saudi Arabia and China are looking to ditch the petro-dollar

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Saudi Arabia and China are looking to ditch the petro-dollar

Post by Cassandros »

US dollar's dominance in oil markets may face challenge as Saudis reportedly eye yuan-based sales deal with China

Saudi Arabia is in talks to sell oil to China and be paid in yuan instead of dollars, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

About 80% of global oil sales are done in dollars, and Saudi Arabia has conducted its deals exclusively in the greenback since 1974. So if a Saudi-yuan deal were to be made, it would bolster China's currency at the expense of the dollar as Beijing looks to challenge US leadership in financial markets.

The likelihood of a potential deal between Saudi Arabia and China has picked up recently, according to the Journal.

Read it here.
Bad times right there.

Messing with the petro-dollar always raises the stakes.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Saudi Arabia and China are looking to ditch the petro-dollar

Post by Animal »

i would certainly want to convert a large portion of my income to a currency that has exploded from a third world country just a few years ago to one almost the size of the US economy. I bet the ink is still wet on most of those yuan. :lol:

the multi billion dollar company Evergrande (sp?) going bust must be a good sign for the saudis.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

One sale isn't an issue.

What this does is open the gates for more and more sales to be in non-dollar transactions; the less the dollar is used by other Countries, the more inflation we will have here at home.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:00 am i would certainly want to convert a large portion of my income to a currency that has exploded from a third world country just a few years ago to one almost the size of the US economy. I bet the ink is still wet on most of those yuan. :lol:

the multi billion dollar company Evergrande (sp?) going bust must be a good sign for the saudis.
At the rate the U.S. is printing money I surprised the ink doesn't bleed on our fingers.
Last edited by Antknot on Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:05 am
Animal wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:00 am i would certainly want to convert a large portion of my income to a currency that has exploded from a third world country just a few years ago to one almost the size of the US economy. I bet the ink is still wet on most of those yuan. :lol:

At the rate the U.S. is printing money I surprised the ink doesn't billed on our fingers.
I would agree with that, but think what China has done in the past 20 years or so. It defies the laws of building an economy.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Theyve been trying to get off the petro dollar for decades now. Hard to believe SA will cozy up with an Iran loving China
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Could be the real reason Saddam had to take a dirt nap.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Charliesheen wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:13 pm Could be the real reason Saddam had to take a dirt nap.
Yep, Ghaddafi got the same treatment, except with the added cattle prong shoved up his anus