Elon Musk buys Majority Stake in Twitter

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Elon Musk buys Majority Stake in Twitter

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Elon Musk becomes Twitter’s largest shareholder.
The Tesla chief executive, who has been critical of Twitter’s content moderation policies, has bought 9.2 percent of the social media company.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/04/tech ... itter.html

----------------------------------

Fuck yeah!

Hopefully he can exert some influence on that shit pile of woke fuck nuts.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Elon Musk buys Majority Stake in Twitter

Post by Animal »

who wakes up and spends $8 billion?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

He's a Texan now
8-TrackJones
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by 8-TrackJones »

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/twitt ... 1649070782

Shares of Twitter Inc. rocketed to their biggest single-day gain ever Monday, after it was disclosed that the “Technoking” of Tesla Inc., Elon Musk, had acquired a large stake in the social-media company.

Twitter stock TWTR, +27.12% ran up 27.1%, the biggest one-day percentage gain since the social-media company went public in November 2013. The previous record rally was 21.4% on Sept. 23, 2016. The increase added roughly $8.53 billion to Twitter’s market capitalization, also a record for a single day, according to Dow Jones Market Data Group; Twitter ended the day valued at $40.01 billion, its highest market cap since last November.

Trading volume ballooned to about 264.8 million shares, a record amount of trading that was more than 18 times the five-day average volume for Twitter stock, according to FactSet. The shares were the most actively traded on major U.S. exchanges, and the gain was the strongest of the day in the S&P 500 index. SPX, +0.81%
Klaatu ......Barada .......Ncoughcoughcough.........Necktie.........Nickel.....
JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Post by JackCoughsALot »

stopped using that vile app years ago. Musk might convince me to go back.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I love how Musk teased starting his own version of Twitter which in turn caused Twitter stock to take a slight dip right before he bought his shares. :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

I don't Fazebook or Ditter. Hope this helps.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

stonedmegman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:50 am I don't Fazebook or Ditter. Hope this helps.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

OK
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

stonedmegman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:34 amOK
Just teasing. I only Facebook for work advertising purposes and I dont Twitter at all.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

He’s on the board now too.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:40 am
stonedmegman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:34 amOK
Just teasing. I only Facebook for work advertising purposes and I dont Twitter at all.
Me too. :birdiedoublered:
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

I'm having a laugh at all the liberals screaming about how they're quitting Twitter now because of Elon Musk.

The tolerant left, everyone. Can't wait to see how their heads explode when he reinstates President Trump's account.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Nothing will change. He's chasing share value not free speech
JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Post by JackCoughsALot »

Biker wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:12 pm Nothing will change. He's chasing share value not free speech
What if I told you free speech will increase share value?
Biker

Post by Biker »

JackCoughsALot wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:42 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:12 pm Nothing will change. He's chasing share value not free speech
You can tell me that, but it doesnt necessarily make it true. I think Twitter's issue is that they do not know how to produce advertising revenue the way Facebook does. FB pretty much nails me on algos so I see, and many times but from, advertisers specific to my interests. I have never purchased anything off of Twitter in my years being on there

If I had to guess, I bet thats the opp Musk sees, not the white horse hero to rescue free speech
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Bicycle man get$ it.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

JackCoughsALot wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:42 pm
Biker

Post by Biker »

Like I said, this is the sort of stuff you'll be getting, free speech bruhs
Elon Musk teasing prospect of Twitter edit button after becoming majority stakeholder

WASHINGTON (TND) — Speculation is swirling about changes to Twitter after billionaire Elon Musk became the majority stockholder of the social media giant, and it seems the SpaceX/Tesla CEO already has some ideas.

Musk now owns more shares of Twitter than anyone after he previously criticized the social media giant for "failing to adhere to free speech principles" and publicly mused about creating his own social media platform.

A Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filing on Monday shows Musk now owns a 9.2% stake in Twitter. That's about 73.5 million shares of the social media company which are collectively worth an estimated $2.89 billion, according to MarketWatch.com. The purchase makes Musk Twitter's largest stakeholder.

On Tuesday, Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal announced Musk would be joining the social media giant's board of directors, saying it was clear Musk "would bring great value to our Board."
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

Biker wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:13 pm Like I said, this is the sort of stuff you'll be getting, free speech bruhs
Elon Musk teasing prospect of Twitter edit button after becoming majority stakeholder

WASHINGTON (TND) — Speculation is swirling about changes to Twitter after billionaire Elon Musk became the majority stockholder of the social media giant, and it seems the SpaceX/Tesla CEO already has some ideas.

Musk now owns more shares of Twitter than anyone after he previously criticized the social media giant for "failing to adhere to free speech principles" and publicly mused about creating his own social media platform.

A Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filing on Monday shows Musk now owns a 9.2% stake in Twitter. That's about 73.5 million shares of the social media company which are collectively worth an estimated $2.89 billion, according to MarketWatch.com. The purchase makes Musk Twitter's largest stakeholder.

On Tuesday, Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal announced Musk would be joining the social media giant's board of directors, saying it was clear Musk "would bring great value to our Board."
If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em I guess.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Cracks me up. Liberal tears over the impact on free speech.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Has taken a seat on the board.
8-TrackJones
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Charliesheen wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:23 pm Cracks me up. Liberal tears over the impact on free speech.
Klaatu ......Barada .......Ncoughcoughcough.........Necktie.........Nickel.....
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:41 am I love how Musk teased starting his own version of Twitter which in turn caused Twitter stock to take a slight dip right before he bought his shares. :lol:
Do you honestly think that's healthy?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Geist wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:42 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:41 am I love how Musk teased starting his own version of Twitter which in turn caused Twitter stock to take a slight dip right before he bought his shares. :lol:
Do you honestly think that's healthy?
Its market manipulation no doubt. Healthy? The people who held on to their Twitter stock are sure happy about it.
But I understand your point and in a sterile perfect world no one should be able to influence a stock price like that for personal gain. Its just mind blowing that with one Tweet he manipulated a billion dollar company.