This is discrimination; and that's not even the worst part.

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Cassandros
Hamsterphile

This is discrimination; and that's not even the worst part.

Post by Cassandros »

California city to give transgender and nonbinary residents up to $900 a month

The pilot program would distribute funding to at least 20 participants each month likely totaling somewhere between $600 and $900. Local individuals who are transgender and nonbinary will be prioritized by the program, which is expected to last for 18 months. There will be a six-month design period before the pilot program launches.

Read it here
I've seen this before, but for black people only. Don't think its the same city, but its just as shady.

The evil here being: Most people will argue about the (legit) discriminatory nature of this program/study.

Allowing the real enemy (the UBI scheme itself) to go unchallenged.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Re: This is discrimination; and that's not even the worst part.

Post by saltydog »

Yes, people receiving money is terrible.

Let's remove anything that could be considered unfair.

Tax everyone equally too!
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Yes, people receiving free money creates problems.

Life will always be unfair, but there are laws against discrimination.

Taxes absolutely should be equal, and never over 10%.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

saltydog wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:43 am Yes, people receiving money is terrible.

We should be taxing everyone equally. Why should wealthier people be punished for their success?

I want to add to this. I don't do my own taxes; my dad pays a few accountants to deal with that shit for our family. I don't even know how much money I make per year, but he (my dad) told me once that if it weren't for the accountants putting on a fucking clinic, I'd be getting hammered.
How is that fair? Why should I be paying more taxes, just because I'm successful, than some lazy piece of shit who isn't?
Like, I make money, earn my living, and contribute to the economy. I should be rewarded for that. Instead, I am dependent upon magic-working accountants to shelter me. But some welfare slob, who has contributed nothing all year and been a societal parasite taking money from everyone else's paycheck, pays no taxes.
Where's the justice in that?
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Post by JackCoughsALot »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:28 am
saltydog wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:43 am Yes, people receiving money is terrible.

We should be taxing everyone equally. Why should wealthier people be punished for their success?

I want to add to this. I don't do my own taxes; my dad pays a few accountants to deal with that shit for our family. I don't even know how much money I make per year, but he (my dad) told me once that if it weren't for the accountants putting on a fucking clinic, I'd be getting hammered.
How is that fair? Why should I be paying more taxes, just because I'm successful, than some lazy piece of shit who isn't?
Like, I make money, earn my living, and contribute to the economy. I should be rewarded for that. Instead, I am dependent upon magic-working accountants to shelter me. But some welfare slob, who has contributed nothing all year and been a societal parasite taking money from everyone else's paycheck, pays no taxes.
I don't disagree with you but an argument could be made that wealthy people use more government services, not less. Police, fire and military protect property/assets, so those with more property/assets get more benefit. Roads, ports, airports, etc are primarily to facilitate business use so the wealthy get more benefit from those also. Then there is corporate welfare where things like stadiums are built with tax dollars, banks and auto companies getting bailed out with tax dollars, government contractors and suppliers overcharging, etc. Again, I don't disagree with you but I think the issue is not simple.

The tax system does need an overhaul, but more importantly, government spending needs to be curbed big time. That's what's killing us more than anything.
saltydog
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by saltydog »

JackCoughsALot wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:30 am

I don't disagree with you but an argument could be made that wealthy people use more government services, not less. Police, fire and military protect property/assets, so those with more property/assets get more benefit. Roads, ports, airports, etc are primarily to facilitate business use so the wealthy get more benefit from those also. Then there is corporate welfare where things like stadiums are built with tax dollars, banks and auto companies getting bailed out with tax dollars, government contractors and suppliers overcharging, etc. Again, I don't disagree with you but I think the issue is not simple.

The tax system does need an overhaul, but more importantly, government spending needs to be curbed big time. That's what's killing us more than anything.
Start by cutting military spending by 1%.
The problem is not that there is evil in the world, the problem is that there is good. Because otherwise, who would care?
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

saltydog wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:32 am

Military spending doesn’t necessarily go to the military.

Examples, Computers and computer programs etc. military project that was completed and the government turned their findings free to Microsoft, Apple.

NASA , we went to the moon Alice!
Now on to private businesses.
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

saltydog wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:32 am

Let's start by cutting some social programs instead.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden